Our partner

Help

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Violarules

Help

Postby Itsshanduhhhyo » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:24 pm

Hi,
I am a 30 year old female suffering from severe dissociation. I lost everything dear to me and I know I need to move forward with my life and rebuild but i cant stop dissociating. I am wondering are there any things that help you stop dissociating. My dissociation is putting me into a very deep depression which is making it nearly impossible to move forward and do the things I need to do. If anybody has some tips on dealing with dissociation and the depression that ensues I would really appreciate any advice. Thank you very much.
Itsshanduhhhyo
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:27 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Help

Postby NyxX » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:19 pm

Dissociation occurs to protect the mind from over or under stimulation. From what you have said I suspect that the depression is being caused by your loss and your dissertation is happening to prevent you from becoming even more overwhelmed by the depression. I don't know of any quick fix for dissociation, grounding or mindfulness might help or it might help you avoid the underlying problem and dissociate more or it might just not have any effect. The best way to deal with dissociation is to deal with what's causing it in the first place.
nyx-usual poster
Nixie, The Pixie, Big ZuZu, Z, backup-known active alters
We might mention Ozalces he is our SO he made an account but doesn't use it much
NyxX
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:27 am

Postby puppieskittens » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:17 pm

Find a therapist to talk to about the losses in your life and any issues from your past.

I would also suggest getting yourself checked out physically to make sure nothing medical is contributing to how you feel. Explain how you are feeling to your doctor.

Do get help - your post makes it clear you are suffering.
puppieskittens
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:27 pm

Postby littleDaria » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:31 pm

NyxX wrote:Dissociation occurs to protect the mind from over or under stimulation. From what you have said I suspect that the depression is being caused by your loss and your dissertation is happening to prevent you from becoming even more overwhelmed by the depression...

This sounds spot on to us.
The Ohana Autonomous Collective
Daria (system age 17-23) (bio age: 50f) [NOT the Original]
Pixie (Fairy) | Ligella (Vampire) | Aloysius (60) | Snow (18) | | Mona (17)
Niki (15) | Naomi (14) | Mal (12) | Simon (11) Evora (9) | Willow (9) |
Ophelia (8) | Alia (6) | Denise (4) [possibly original] | Aura (3) | Newt (2/3) | Boo (2)
littleDaria
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:27 am

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum