Our partner

Autism and the ability to dissociate

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Johnny-Jack

Re: Autism and the ability to dissociate

Postby KitMcDaydream » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:39 am

Thanks to everyone that answered. The big problem we have making progress is Kit can go backwards (in terms of progress) much faster than it takes us to make the tiniest step of progress. so it's almost always one step forward, half a dozen back!

A example of yesterday - Kit started off great took the dog out herself early as we had to wait for a boiler service man and a delivery with no specified time on either. As agreed I go 'up front' to handle any workmen or deliveries etc and the doorbell or a knock at the door triggers me to 'host'

Yesterday I made the mistake of checking the dogs FB page while I was waiting for the boiler man to finish repairs and discovered that Kit's brother and his g/f had split. No-one had told Kit. Confirmation from the family member triggered Kit to front (after workman had gone) creating for her confusion and hurt feelings as she is always the last to be told anything and this has now significantly changed xmas day. (It's one of the few days she 'looks forwards' to and we had just started planning on starting the xmas shopping for family)

This may seem like no big deal to some but the last xmas we had after her brother had divorced his wife he had invited someone who was a complete stranger to have xmas dinner with them meaning that in the only other place Kit could 'come out' other than our home, she then felt she couldn't and I had to deal with xmas day. Also the fact that it takes Kit such a long time to bond with people or accept them in the first place it always seems just as she is getting to feel comfortable with someone they disappear from her life, leaving her feeling there's absolutely no point trying to relate to anyone and causing her to further dissociate from reality and justifies (to her) her remaining in 'her own world'

Kit has already 'disconnected' from 'Maddie's friend' a while back due to several incidents that Kit felt were showing she wasn't trustworthy, but Maddie didn't want to lose the only friend they had knowing Kit wouldn't actively try to make any new friendships. This is why Kit has absolutely no interest in maintaining this relationship but I (who was created to make it appear Kit is normal and fitting in) feel we need to appear to have at least one friend to 'fit in' and for things such as birthday and xmas, exchanging of gifts and visiting etc.

So one tiny thing yesterday has left me wishing I hadn't logged in and Kit to lose any desire she had to create a new life that included new people. She won't see a need to go out today (as the dog is limping anyway so needs a 'rest day' to see if its improved by tomorrow) so she'll spend the day locked in fantasies revolving around her surviving some apocalypse or some other reason for a totally remote isolated lifestyle with no other people in it!

A rather frustrated Thea! :shock: :roll:
KitMcDaydream
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:03 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Dwelt » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:30 am

Thank you ! =D
Yep : Multiple forum français
My forum hosting platform doesn't have this, so I've tried to add a Google Translate plug-in but I'm not sure it works. Aside of that, you have the link to the original english article at the top of each translated article of the "Documentation" part.
Some videos (Tomi Jamieson's) are also totally in english.

And progress is difficult... specially for the host/main personnality I think x) I'm good at running backward too... It's kinda frustrating for the others. But even if we go backward, the first step forward have been made and that's the most important ! The first try is more scary than the second, generally.
French system

The ones in charge : Plume (Plume+Alix+Lea) | Daemon
The main group : Claude, protector | Kal, protector | Erdian, social-manager

"Little" group : Nicolas | Eric | Jean | Linda | Emma | Nathan | Ethan

The last two : Cassandra | Varegh, protector
Dwelt
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:03 pm

Postby KitMcDaydream » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:05 pm

Thanks. That link leads to the page listing all the forums/posts. As it's all in french we can't tell which one specifically is 'our post'?

Could you provide a link for the french version of our post? We are somewhat curious to see what it looks like in French!
KitMcDaydream
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:03 pm

Postby Dwelt » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:19 am

Oh sorry, I thought you wanted the link of all the forum ^^'
It's not posted yet, each translation on the forum is reviewed by my "beta-reader" (one of my friend) to be sure there's no mistake, and she has issues with her internet connexion right now.
I will send you the link of it once it will be posted ! =D
French system

Dwelt
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Dwelt » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:58 am

Hi !
As promised : Autisme et dissociation ;)
French system

Dwelt
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Previous

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum