Our partner

Is this co-hosting?

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Violarules

Is this co-hosting?

Postby exul » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:27 pm

Hello everyone, I wanted to clear up something I was trying to answer by myself the last weeks, but honestly I should just learn to ask things to people who know better in the end. So can anyone relate to this?
I noticed that there might be this specific alter (Nico) who has been "with me" almost everyday for years now. There was a period one year ago in which he sort of faded for a while, but now he's back since months ago. The fact is, we never switch completely I think. Maybe there are some times in which he is out and I'm co-hosting or co-conscious, but I never completely lose control or something. Most of times, when he's here he's sort of always "watching my back" and I feel his influence and I ""act"" like him, talk like him, but I can sort of control it. Meaning that, if he wants to say something that I don't agree with (because he can be very cynical and bitter), I am usually able to stop him and just stay silent instead. So, I know I'm the host. But what is it called when there's a situation like this? Is he a co-host? Or is he just a very present alter?
exul
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:23 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Is this co-hosting?

Postby Dwelt » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:50 pm

Hi !

You can call it at least "co-presence" ;)
From what I understand, co-hosting can be dealing with the daily life by being co-present, or sharing the role of the host by switching (like one alter do the laudry, dishes and vacuum, another one takes care of the children, pay the bills and have a job).

He can also be what we call a "daily protector", like Daem is with me. We're co-present a lot, but he doesn't do a lot things, he just watch and is ready to react if something bad happen.
French system

Duo 1 : Plume, outside-manager | Daemon, inside-manager
Duo 2 : Kal, protector | Erdian, social-manager

"Little" group : Nicolas | Linda | Nathan | Ethan

Second group : Lea | Cassandra | Varegh, protector | Claude, protector
Dwelt
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Valentine6 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:23 am

Delilah and kitten are like this. We just call it co-concious.
Valentine6
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:23 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby exul » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:31 pm

Thank you for the replies!

And Dwelt, I really like the term "daily protector". Nico is effectively like you described Daem most of the time.
exul
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Blog: View Blog (2)

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post