Our partner

Making progress and plans for the future

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Violarules

Making progress and plans for the future

Postby KitMcDaydream » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:49 am

This is Thea typing.

Kit and I have been having lots of discussion (we communicate more complex ideas via journals but can be co-conscious). We have some progress now Kit doesn't have Maddie's extreme paranoia and agoraphobia on top of her own sensory impairments. (I'm very calm and patient in contrast).

Kit has recognised she needs my skills for when she has to communicate with people otherwise people treat her as 'slow' and a child, rather than them just being a little more patient when we present as a 'normal' adult with hearing difficulties.

Kit would like to achieve walking the dog herself but only when we wake up early enough for no-one to be around. In those instances I have agreed that I will not automatically go up front and take over as soon as Kit puts the hearing aids in (turned off to mute outside sounds as much as possible so she can cope with going out of the door as herself).

I asked her if she would like me to step in if someone else did pass with their dogs, she said she could manage the nod of acknowledgement and smile and keep going on scooter ok. As she is wearing 2 hearing aids from the point of view of other dog walkers they will probably assume she's just born deaf and doesn't speak or something. She said if they indicated they wanted to talk to her I was to 'step in' to explain our dog wasn't good with other dogs (to stop them coming too close) or make other polite conversation when it was one of the few other dogs he will play nicely with!

We have laid down some rules regarding housework, as Kit tends to get lost in fantasy once back inside then nothing gets done so we have a period of getting a few jobs done round the house first before taking a break so Kit can get lost in fantasy.

I suggested maybe sometimes she can imagine solutions to more realistic issues for example prepping for brexit (incase deals go bad and civil unrest etc) which is more likely than a nuclear war! Just incase there are shortages of food, petrol and power for the initial period.

I also suggested maybe she can imagine how she'd like to be at 50 and play through scenario's where she communicated with people (as she had expressed a wish to be up front full time), and dealt with everyday things, however she says isn't ready for that step and there's people she has no wish to have to communicate with as herself. We didn't want to create a new front and it take over again like Maddie did, developing a life of her own and taking over for 15 years, so for the few occasions people would expect to see Maddie (her friend that visits) in a wheelchair I have agreed to pretend to be Maddie for just those few hours of her visit ...for now until we come up with something better.

With other neighbours I'm the one that communicates with them and if asked will just explain our 'mobility improvement' as a misdiagnosis on the part of the Dr's. The same when we visit family at xmas if they notice we appear to be walking better with crutches. We still hope to be able to improve the issues with the 'bad leg' that the physical body has in the next year but currently still struggle with edema (swelling) and pain in it due to damaged veins so genuinely can't walk far and have to rest and put legs up frequently to avoid too much swelling and pain.

Anyway I have to cook roast beef for sunday dinner today so I'll be back later on!

Thea
KitMcDaydream
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:35 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Making progress and plans for the future

Postby KitMcDaydream » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:59 am

Hi I'm Sioux. I'm not sure why I'm here but feel Kit called me or created me to help her find a new adult version of herself.

It seems Kit and Thea disagree about how best to move forward and Kit suddenly out of nowhere demanded Thea 'take a break' because she (kit) had imagined and worked out the solution to moving forwards.

Kit wants to know if she can change her name on here as she wishes me to be her 'new front'? Or she will just leave as she prefers to go back to been the 'secret self'.

Thanks

Sioux
KitMcDaydream
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Postby TogetherWeAreHope » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:38 pm

Hey there, I saw your post and I’m rarely active here, but I realized no one except you all replied even though there are two comments so I thought I should. I’m not that experienced with much or advice giving. But it sounds like you’ve made great progress, that’s so wonderful! :D I look forward to hearing how you’re doing again in the future! Maybe Kit can talk more sometime soon.
Star (Host), Angel (Protecter), Kitty (Happy go lucky),
Instinct (Sexual), Soul (Rational), Clair (Social).
~If post is written in black
more then one of us is writing it~
TogetherWeAreHope
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:35 pm

Postby KitMcDaydream » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:35 pm

Sorry to confuse anyone reading, this is Thea typing

Thank you for the reply

Kit has gone back to her mode of 'having had enough of the world already!'

She'll probably hate me for saying this but I guess its essentially like having an 'little' emotionally whose mind is too young to understand enough to deal with adult life and be 'up front' all the time. I've never known anyone else able to go from calm to rage so fast, but I do understand she partly can't help it because of the autism.

I'm not sure Sioux is going to work out as she's a figment of what Kit thinks she maybe like as an older woman but Kit's emotional level hasn't changed! , this I imagine will reflect in Sioux too if anything happens that Kit wouldn't be able to deal with.

I don't think Kit will come on for a while but I'll check in every so often. I have to go get some painkillers as we seem to have an abcess or something coming up on right side of jaw so looks like a trip to GP or dentist tomorrow for antibiotics ...another situation Kit will hate!

Thanks

Thea :)
KitMcDaydream
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post