Our partner

How to deal with inner conflict?

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Violarules

How to deal with inner conflict?

Postby WeAreOne420 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:10 pm

I want to open myself up and have a social life.

Some feel ashamed of what weve been threw and where other part of me feels ready abd proud.

Im so damn proud of myself and I'm like eff it, this is where I'm at in my life and either you love and accept me where I'm at or I keep it moving....in thoery.

I'm moving slowly but it pains me to feel their pain. We are amazing young ladies and it just hurts not feeling sure the way I want to feel.
WeAreOne420
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:26 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: How to deal with inner conflict?

Postby ItsJustUs » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:00 pm

Hi.
Do not be ashamed of what you've been through. Things are out of our control and people like us were able to bend so we would not break.

I had wanted to tell one of my close friends about the DID for some time but was always afraid to. Delilah, the other night, decided she'd take care of that for me, and began texting with said friend, and the end result was Delilah telling my friend about the DID. Friend took it very well, and even put two and two together and said, "I'm assuming there is a child one." And started asking some other questions.

At the end, Delilah asked Friend if she was still my friend. Friend said yes. I saw the texts the next morning, and said, "I can't believe she did that. Are we cool?" Friend assured me everything was fine. The next time I saw her she treated me no different. We were not in a situation where we had privacy to talk about the DID, but the big thing to me, was she treated me just the same as she always had.

So I say, go.. make friends. And when you feel the time is right, test the waters and get ready to tell one or two good friends about it.

Now, this all depends on how tolerant your Others are at being socialble. It won't work out so well if they are the sabotaging type. In which case new friends would need to be notified up front about possible trouble.

WIshing you the best!
Kitten
Kitten 39F-Core, Delilah (age unknown)F- Protector/System Manager/Care Taker, Britney 17F- Former persecutor turned protector, Lilly 5.5F, Little Wolf (young, but age unknown) "job" unknown, Val- age unknown, Female entity, we think she is a protector
ItsJustUs
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:26 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post