Our partner

Inner cooperation

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Johnny-Jack

Re: Inner cooperation

Postby Sarandipity » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:44 pm

Hi, I'm not sure why but my brain didn't register the responses from single people at all last time I read this thread. Thank you for your responses. It's pretty much how I imagined it. The difference being I guess that I can have weighing up issues the same but different personalities have different ways of resolving an issue, different priorities and different desires and needs. So I might think I have to save money but end up on a night out or having bought a teddy bear. But on the other hand I'm pretty good with money and "I need" that night out or Teddy for that part to function in the system so those things are priority over money for me really. It's why I make sure my bills are paid and food and amenities as soon as money comes in.

Romantic issues is what's caused me the most problems in my life. Any other outside person we can cope with, manage the relationship. But in a romantic relationship we really care what that person thinks and feels to a much greater degree. So we'll switch personality to suit that person. If one of argues with the partner we'll switch personality to avoid argument. This is very confusing for that partner. I've been thinking about this lately. Then if the personality that had the argument presents to the partner before they have resolved the issue within themselves or others have resolved the issue with the partner in a more calm way then that personality will still be annoyed and cause more conflict. With other outsiders we'll follow our arguments through until resolved but with partners we'll switch. If the argument becomes too heated then we'll use personalities that enjoy conflict, that only usually present to people who have really upset us and that causes even more issues because those personalities (the twins) hold grudges.

Anyway thank-you singletons. I don't know why my brain didn't register your replies on my first read through of this and I really appreciate your responses.
Monte Carlo or Bust
Rose and Patrick
Batcho and Fortune (twins), Paul and Lilly,
No-one and Peter, Beth and Karen, Mandy and Mouse plus a seperate system of fragments including: rabit and others.
Sarandipity
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:38 am
Blog: View Blog (2)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Sarandipity » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:17 pm

Windsoar wrote:Ha,ha,ha..just had a similar conversation with my T. He calls himself a SPD...single personality disorded. I was relating how after a recent surgery, I had periods of quiet & found it very disconcerting...probably caused by drugs. But We could call on them if needed. Also cuz the alter who takes care of medical/doctor relations needed to be out more. T related how after a medical crisis of his own, his wife took notes when meeting with doctors. T apparently nodded like he was present & understanding when he really wasn't present & understanding! One of my alters asked why T just couldn't ask another insider to be present or take notes. Even volunteered to loan him an insider if it ever happened again. Yea, they aren't all clear on how this works!!! T also pointed out that DID s generally accomplish much more than SPDs & are also more talented. SPDs, as he explained, will think: this & this needs to be done today. Then end up eating pizza & watching TV. We say the same followed by whose going to do it. And it gets done! Kathy at DiscussingDissociation list like a hundred benefits to bring DID.

And yes, we're always present and understanding. That is the benefits of having DID. You can do more that one thing at once. The mind can be on two things at once. Operate on two levels or more. It's like having loads of browsers open at once taking in different levels of information. The day to day is modus operandi and other things come really easily. Everything can be worked into a daily routine. The daily routine can upset stuff but we adapt quickly. We do what we say we're gonna do and even if we're late we're always on time because we're running to our schedule - if that makes sense. And we have to run to our schedule because it's so complex. If we don't then things f up. But we are more organised, get more done, live a fuller life or lives than single minded people do, we feel. Do you think DID can be genetic or a predisposed genetic condition or learned and passed down generations? Other disorders are so I do think it's highly likely.
Monte Carlo or Bust
Rose and Patrick
Batcho and Fortune (twins), Paul and Lilly,
No-one and Peter, Beth and Karen, Mandy and Mouse plus a seperate system of fragments including: rabit and others.
Sarandipity
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby NyxX » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:55 pm

Research is indicating genetics is a risk factor for developing PTSD so it is reasonable to assume it could be a risk factor for other trauma based disorders.
nyx-usual poster
Nixie, The Pixie, Big ZuZu, Z, backup-known active alters
We might mention Ozalces he is our SO he made an account but doesn't use it much
NyxX
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (0)

Previous

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post