Our partner

it's too much

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Violarules

it's too much

Postby OceanWaves » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:11 am

There's a part that holds the body memories...this part is simply called Body Memory.

He thought he felt ready to share and process all that he holds, but today in therapy proved to be too much. So much shame, so much humiliation, etc. Now, there's a part (not sure if it's Bad Man or a seperate part) that feels like it wants to die. It's really depressed.

This is so frustrating, as Body Memory wants help so badly...but it just was too much.

Now I have a knot in my stomach and a horrible general feeling.

We are so discouraged, and scared of the "want to die" feeling. (not suicidal thought, just fyi.)
Riley. Little. Kali. 4. Zoey. Amy. Kristy. Whitney. 11. Alyssa. Body Memory. Haley. 22. Shadow. Unknown. Manager. Holly (host) 
OceanWaves
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:58 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: it's too much

Postby IainEtc » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:17 am

Some memories are too much. The system overloads then re-balances. Hope you can ground and take care of yourself. Better days soon.

Colin
Iain - 14, Colin - 17, Evan - 7, Cody - 16, Raven, Host - the adult out front

When they say 'be yourself',
which one do they mean?
IainEtc
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:58 pm

Re: it's too much

Postby TheGangsAllHere » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:47 am

Today in therapy I was telling my T some of the fears that two of the parts have, and one of them, Nadia, worries that we're doing therapy "wrong," meaning that we're just not going about it in whatever the right way is, as well as that the T will be judging us for that.

His answer was that the only thing he could think of that would be "wrong" (I guess meaning unhelpful or not good for me, although I didn't ask him to clarify it), would be trying to go too fast.

One of the first things he helped me with, months ago, was letting other parts know that things couldn't be fixed right away--that it will take time and need to be gradual, and I do that very often because there is so much pressure from some of them to want to pour everything they are holding into the whole system.

Maybe it would help to tell that to Body Memory?

I agree with Colin about grounding and and taking care of yourself. It's awful to get overwhelmed by those kinds of feelings. :(
TheGangsAllHere
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:58 pm

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum