Our partner

Like sleepwalking

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Violarules

Re: Like sleepwalking

Postby IainEtc » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:25 pm

Hi ladyslippers,

The sleepwalking thing is actually how things work with Host a lot these days. He used to be all about control 24/7. That made him super stressed and kind of a jerk. Then he started accepting us and part of that is relaxing sometimes and letting us be in charge. He's doing it right now while I'm writing this. He's not gone just not controlling what I write. It's like co-conscious host stuff.

Iain
Iain - 14, Colin - 17, Evan - 7, Cody - 16, Raven, Host - the adult out front

When they say 'be yourself',
which one do they mean?
IainEtc
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:03 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby LadySlippers » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:24 pm

Does he know you’re writing ?Aware and just watching? Can he see what you’re writing? Does he have feelings about it?

In our situation I was mostly blanked out/only later in car got bits and pieces of them talking amongst themselves while looking at bouquets of flowers. “I” certainly seemed to have no influence .
LadySlippers
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby IainEtc » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:40 pm

Hi,

Host says it's like a dream where he kind of sees stuff but isn't in control of it and its all like happening a long way away. He used to always blank out like you do but now he's not necessarily gone. He's way more relaxed anyway.

The important thing is your alters were doing good things. Most of us try to be responsible. We got tired of things being messed up all the time.

Iain

which one do they mean?
IainEtc
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby LadySlippers » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:34 am

What could he do to let everyone feel safe so he knows more what’s going on ?
I’m asking for me.. how can I be more included ? What are things I can do so my parts share with me / feel safe ?
Maybe not fair question ...
LadySlippers
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby SamsLand » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:41 am

I can't answer your last question in my current state but thanks for this thread. I realize I am stalling right now. Because DID on top of everything else that is going on right now seems unimaginable.

For your question are you asking about how the most-often host can chill a bit to let in more activity of less fronting alters?
keep ya head up, Don't let up, keep slayin em
-eminem

not sure what the point was.
SamsLand
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (8)

Postby LadySlippers » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:48 am

I’m asking what “I” can do so the people inside trust me more and I’m included in conversations.
I was responding to Iain who wrote that the host is kind of in the background/ like I’ve been .
I wondered if he knew of things the host could do to be more included ( because that’s what I want/ better communication/ less blank out).

Not sure they’re fair questions
LadySlippers
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby IainEtc » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:03 pm

Hi Ladyslippers,

Sorry it took me so long to get back online. Cody was all over the computer and I couldn't get on.

Host worked a super long time so we would trust him. The first big thing was for him to stop all the denial. How would you like someone calling you 'fake' and 'crazy voices' and 'symptoms'? We're people ok? Most of us trust Host most of the time - but not all of us all of the time.

And then he had to get relationships with us that are about who we actually are - not some made up stuff in his head. He had to really listen to us and think about what's 'developmentally appropriate' for each of us. Some of us are responsible and some of us have problems with that. We're not all the same. Our T really helped with that. And Host got better at not going into denial when we were mad at him.

And we tried out some things. There are a lot of Teens in our system and we don't always know what we can do or not. Colin loves to fix things so when the car broke Host made an agreement with Colin to fix it. They discussed like a budget for tools and parts and Colin was super responsible.

Got to go. I'll be back later. (Ok so here's me being responsible about computer time 8) )

Iain

which one do they mean?
IainEtc
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby LadySlippers » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:54 pm

Thank you Iain !
I’m less in denial for sure . Think I need more time to be in quiet space so they can come out. I’m better at talking and asking questions even when no one answers ( for the most part). I write hello in a notebook and invite anyone to write but they don’t .

I’ve got work to do. Oddly enough I think some basics like enough sleep and less junk food will help.
Again, thanks !
LadySlippers
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby IainEtc » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:43 pm

Hi,

Thanks for asking neat questions.

Iain