Our partner

Salute of the Day (Snarky Vent Thread)

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Violarules

Salute of the Day (Snarky Vent Thread)

Postby MakersDozn » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:52 pm

I'm starting this thread as "The Two-Finger Salute of the Day," a place where folks can give virtual middle-finger salutes to whoever is p*ssing them off. (No disparaging other community members, please.)

Today I have three salute recipients. First is the US Postal Service, for insisting that all callers to their toll-free customer service must give their name and zip code, even if asking a general question where their identity has no bearing in the matter. You get extra middle fingers for stating that it's company policy, for refusing to transfer me to a supervisor, and for hanging up on me. F*ck you, b*tch.

Next recipient is our local branch of the Better Business Bureau, for hanging up on me when I said that I wanted guidance on filing a complaint. You too get extra fingers, for hanging up on me again when I called back. So I submitted a complaint to the central BBB about the local branch. F*ck you too.

My final recipient for the day is our health-insurance provider, who processed a claim incorrectly not once, but twice. You get extra middle fingers for taking nine months to resolve the matter, and for the fact that our doctor now owes us a credit of over $200.00. F*ck the entire U.S. healthcare system.

Next?

Laura and others :evil:
Multiple. Self-dxed 1996. Body 57f, no host or original. System of 47: 42 females, five males; 17 littles (7+under), nine middles (8-11), 14 teens (12-17+), five bigs (18+older), + a formless yin/yang duo. Oldest member is 25.

Frequent: Charity (25), Mary (23), Laura (17.5), Allegra (17), Cass (17)
Blog | Our Story | Journey
MakersDozn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:49 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Salute of the Day (Snarky Vent Thread)

Postby BeccaBee » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:13 am

yay! I love this thread. nobody earned a salute today. but I'll be back when they do :-)
Female, 37
Dx: DID, C-PTSD, Panic Disorder

We are the Bees

The Rabbit Hole
BeccaBee
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:49 am

Postby Noppera-bo » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:31 am

I would like to give a great big Salute to the owners of Chicago Ridge Mall, for ruining a great place to hang out. They have managed to chase out almost every cool place and replaced them with clothing stores. Seriously, who needs almost 20 clothing stores in one Mall?! All that's left is one video game store, one board and card game store, and a book store! Other than that it's all clothes, hats, and shoes! Ya know "geeks" used to hang out there too people, not just "fashionista teenie-boppers"!!! >(
Noppera-Bo:Host
Bunny:Singing Little
Shade:Shadow Teen/"Host-Apparent"
Kenshin:Fiery Warrior
Paladin:Cold Warrior
Stringress:Sensory Collector
Tech:Structural Analyst
Wolf:Wild Gourmand
Gemini-Black/White/SPAZZING!:Abstract Comedian
Void:???
Fluff:Winged Cat
Draka:Dragon-Girl
Gekko

*Void will likely only be quoted.
Noppera-bo
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:49 am

Postby MakersDozn » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:54 pm

Team BeccaBee: No problem. We aim to amuse.

Noppera-bo: We hear you. Unfortunately, the teenyboppers are the ones who spend money on clothes, and frequently, so businesses go where the money is. Suckage. Any other geek hangouts you can go to?

Laura and others
Multiple. Self-dxed 1996. Body 57f, no host or original. System of 47: 42 females, five males; 17 littles (7+under), nine middles (8-11), 14 teens (12-17+), five bigs (18+older), + a formless yin/yang duo. Oldest member is 25.

MakersDozn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Noppera-bo » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:45 pm

MakersDozn wrote:Any other geek hangouts you can go to?

Unfortunately we don't know of any in walk/bike range, and we don't have to money to drop $4 whenever we feel like wandering or loitering...

(I forgot an enthusiastic Salute for Pace, who not only can't keep a schedule, but charge us out the wazoo for their lousy service! Thanks for THREE 13mile hikes ya idjits!!! Please CTA! Pplz live in the South subs too! Save us from these morons!!!)
Noppera-Bo:Host
Bunny:Singing Little
Shade:Shadow Teen/"Host-Apparent"
Kenshin:Fiery Warrior
Paladin:Cold Warrior
Stringress:Sensory Collector
Tech:Structural Analyst
Wolf:Wild Gourmand
Gemini-Black/White/SPAZZING!:Abstract Comedian
Void:???
Fluff:Winged Cat
Draka:Dragon-Girl
Gekko

*Void will likely only be quoted.
Noppera-bo
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Cadence-sings-cats » Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:49 am

Hi I'm saying yay yay hurry for a snarky thread because snarky is one of my favorite wooorda!!!
Doctors are snarky that's all bye
Cadence-sings-cats
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:49 pm
Blog: View Blog (7)

Postby ShawTrav » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:56 pm

My salute of the day goes to the mystery person who deals with the banking accounts and lost 400 dollars out of my checking and now I can't make my truck payment. Extra fangers for telling me I might have to wait 6-8 weeks to get my money back/give yall time to investigate the matter. ooook. Because I can handle an 830 car note next month :evil:
JT- The Original. N/A yrs. old
Cid- Protector and main front 28 yrs. old
Lex- Gate Keeper, internal self helper 32 yrs. old
Sophie- Creative little, slider age 6ish-17ish
Tyler- What do I do? Get into trouble. He's 17
Five others that don't talk on here. Perhaps one day.
ShawTrav
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby BeccaBee » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:59 pm

######6 banks and the douchenozzles that work there
Female, 37
Dx: DID, C-PTSD, Panic Disorder

We are the Bees

The Rabbit Hole
BeccaBee
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:49 am

Postby Cadence-sings-cats » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:51 pm

My salute for the day (even tho it happened nov. 2015) is the police in my small town who know absolutely zero about mental illness and feel the need to exert their superiority by sending 6, yes 6 police officers to do a welfare check on 1 woman. This included weapons, as follows: 1 assault rifle 2 tazers and after "subduing" us; handcuffed us! Police officers: salute!! Oh, everywhere that follow "protocol"
Cadence-sings-cats
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:49 pm
Blog: View Blog (7)

Postby MakersDozn » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:23 am

ShawTrav wrote:My salute of the day goes to the mystery person who deals with the banking accounts and lost 400 dollars out of my checking and now I can't make my truck payment. Extra fangers for telling me I might have to wait 6-8 weeks to get my money back/give yall time to investigate the matter. ooook. Because I can handle an 830 car note next month :evil:

Sorry you're going through this, Cid.

Several years ago, Yahoo! had a bill-pay service, which we used for quite some time. About nine years ago, we tried to make a $400.00 payment to our MasterCard account, and Y! debited our checking account $40,000.00. That's Forty. Thousand. Dollars. :shock:

It took us over two months to unfreeze our checking account and get resolution from the yahoos at Yahoo!. And at about that time, their bill-pay service mysteriously shut down for good. :twisted:

Laura and others

On a better note, a woman from the Manhattan BBB called us back. She said that the local office (where the person who hung up on us twice) is a satellite location of the Manhattan BBB, and the local office's phone number forwards to the Manhattan office. So the woman who hung up on us twice was actually located there. We gave her as much of a description of Hangup Woman as we possibly could, so that she could investigate.

She also recommended that she's had better results contacting the Postal Service via their website contact form rather than by phoning Customer Service. We thanked her for the tip.

Allegra and others

MakersDozn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Next

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post