Our partner

Need Support

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Johnny-Jack

Re: Need Support

Postby companionwolf » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:04 am

I responded elsewhere but wanted to say here too we are thinking of y’all and wishing you a ease in the pain. The helpless and hopeless feeling is really hard, and like you said, can really overwhelm. This isn’t probably a new idea to you, but can you try congratulating yourselves for little things? Like, ‘we got out of bed!’ or ‘we managed to go to work!’ Little stuff. When you feel this bad, it’s ok to reward yourself for ‘tiny’ things. Those things are not so tiny right now! You could also try something small and safe to establish a sense of control - paint your nails, or rearrange your desk, something like that. To make you feel like you have something that you have command of.

In any case please take extra gentle care. You’ll make it through this. Sending safe hugs if you want them.

- Wolf
ADHD, cPTSD, and a unspecified dissociative disorder
20+ parts
Main posters are Wolf, C ,P, L, and EC
companionwolf
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:10 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby MakersDozn » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:37 pm

Thanks, Wolf. We're monitoring "elsewhere." :wink:

We agree that it's important to congratulate ourselves for little things. And we've been making a conscious effort for the past couple of years to notice the good things, value them, and not minimize good things just because the not-so-good overshadows them sometimes.

It does take a lot of effort and patience, though, to be consistent in doing so.

We appreciate your support.

MDs
Multiple self-dxed 1996. Body 58f. System of 47: 42 ♀, 5 ♂; 17 littles (7+under), 9 middles (8-11), 14 teens (12-17+), 5 bigs (18+up), + a formless yin/yang. Oldest member is 25.

Notable: Charity 25, Deborah 23, Drew 23f, Mary 23, Rachel 23, Laura 17.5, Allegra 17, Cass 17, shawn 16f.
Blog | Our Story | Journey
MakersDozn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:10 am

Postby IainEtc » Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:43 am

Hi MDs,

Are you feeling any better yet? I hope so. I know we all struggle with stuff. I just hope yours goes away pretty fast.

Iain
Iain - 14, Colin - 17, Evan - 7, Cody - 16, Raven, & Host - the adult out front

When they say 'be yourself',
which one do they mean?
IainEtc
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:10 am

Postby MakersDozn » Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:01 am

Hi Iain,

Thanks for asking. We took today off from work to have a longer holiday weekend. This helped a great deal. The two of us had a conversation in the morning again. These conversations are often difficult, but we made a little progress.

We had to run two errands. One was to pick up an absentee ballot for our village election, which will be held later this month. There was a sign inside the lobby of the village hall: "*mod edit*." :)

The second errand was to clear out our family safe-deposit box, located at a bank branch near the house we grew up in. It was our parents' safe-deposit box, and after they both passed, we/MDs and Brother #1 took it over. Earlier this year we were notified by the bank that several branches were closing this October, supposedly because more people were banking online. The branches closing would include the branch with the safe-deposit box, the branch nearest our current home, and the branch across the street from where we work. :?

So we recently bought a home safe. It's about the size of a portable plastic file box, but it's heavy. A lot heavier than we thought. That's because it's fireproof and waterproof. But at least it will keep our documents secure.

Our next project is helping Brother #2 replace his worn-out futon with a sofa. B2 is mildly disabled and an office clerk, and he has to receive a monthly stipend just to pay his bills. He's also not handy at all. We/MDs had a conversation with B1 and convinced him that we should split the cost of the sofa three ways. The problem is that the furniture company won't remove the old item "for liability reasons." B1, who lives out-of-state, suggested that we take apart the futon frame ourselves and place the pieces at the curb for pickup.

Maybe Colin could clone himself and teleport the clone to B2's apartment? :) Just a thought. We can probably take apart the frame, but we're not looking forward to it.

Charity and Mary
Last edited by Snaga on Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: privacy concerns
Multiple self-dxed 1996. Body 58f. System of 47: 42 ♀, 5 ♂; 17 littles (7+under), 9 middles (8-11), 14 teens (12-17+), 5 bigs (18+up), + a formless yin/yang. Oldest member is 25.

Notable: Charity 25, Deborah 23, Drew 23f, Mary 23, Rachel 23, Laura 17.5, Allegra 17, Cass 17, shawn 16f.
MakersDozn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby MakersDozn » Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:24 am

*** TRIGGER WARNING - GENDER ISSUES ***

The body is a cis female. Our system includes 41 cis females, four cis males, and a noncorporeal yin/yang that we regard as one "female" (yin) and one male (yang) who work in tandem.

I have identified as female, despite the mother making me dress in boys' clothing some of the time because it "fit me better." She started doing this when the body was nine and girls were first allowed to wear pants to school.

We believe that in addition to being an undiagnosed multiple, she saw us as a threat and a rival because we were a girl, despite the fact that another part of her wanted to have children so that she could do a better job of parenting than her own mother did.

I will never forgive either of them. I deserve to be female.

***END TRIGGER WARNING ***

Drew

MakersDozn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Previous

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post