Our partner

For the teenagers!

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Johnny-Jack

Re: For the teenagers!

Postby Jessica6 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:15 pm

Hey Nicole!

None of us want to really attract attention I mean but ofc Steph is more concerned about it than we are but even then we know we're really supposed to be like invisible but it's just so hard you know when you really get out and have what is it they call it executive control and stuff? It's just hard and it upsets him.

He's upset now of course just cause he's not writing this.

And um I'm fine you know I mean sometimes someone can come out if its really needed or something but you know we're not like circus ponies that we just jump just to do this or that sometimes its easy to come out sometimes its hard to come out and it was just hard other day when I wrote that that's all then you knw to have to go back in for someone else to do something its just doesn't feel worth it sometimes we don't like doign that it's hard and stuff.

If that makes any sense.

And yeah Gang we've had flashbacks too. Not many but we do one time we was real sick and stuff and got delirious and for the longest time after we had flashbacks of what we like hallucinated an stuff. Ha Steph didn't even remember that I did though. We was I mean the body was like a year older than me what it happened. It was pretty scary and for a long time after suddenly we'd be feeling it again the feelings and stuff we had when we saw stuff that wasn't there. Or... I don't know it was pretty trippy an $#%^ lol. Wasn't fun.

Oh and that tattoo sounds real pretty Nicole we'd like to have something pretty none of what the body got on it is super pretty even though one is a fairy :mrgreen:
OSDD-1b (perhaps):

Jessica (f, 25 PV)
Steph(m,50s orig, body, SV)/-Samantha (f,31 SQ)
-Sabrina (f,12 v)
--Stefanie (f,16 v)

Albert (m,14 q)
Nameless One (m,? q)

Charlie (m,5 q)
Aurora (f,70s? q)

P=Primary S=Secondary V/v=Vocal Q/q=Quiet
The world needs more unicorns.
Jessica6
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:27 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby TheGangsAllHere » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:09 am

Collective wrote:I don’t only see the pictures, I can hear and feel stuff, too. I haven’t heard of that happening for flashbacks, so I thought maybe that’s not what they are.

- Nicole

Flashbacks can be through any of the senses or more than one. Emotional flashbacks are, like, when you have a strong feeling that doesn't have to do with anything that's going on right now. They're triggered, like visual flashbacks are, by something that reminds you of a past trauma. So we might suddenly feel really sad or scared for "no reason," but it's an emotional flashback that was triggered by a thought or by something we saw or heard.

It helps to start to identify triggers so you can either avoid them or be able to ground when you can't avoid them.

Since thoughts can be triggers, it's good to really practice grounding or distracting skills when you're not triggered so you get better at remembering to use them. Because we can't avoid thinking!! :roll: :roll:

Anyway, hasn't your T helped you with knowing how to do grounding when you're having a flashback?

Sasha & Devin <3 <3 <3
TheGangsAllHere
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:27 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Collective » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:36 am

Hello Sasha and Devin and Sabrina (I think - sorry if I got that wrong),

I guess we have to tone it down as well with outsiders. We don’t even let Jo’s partner see a lot of us non-adults.

Sometimes Jo’s partner calls us out and Jordan and Sam, a couple of our adult protectors say we are not trained seals that come when called. They don’t say it as nice as that - there’s a lot of swearing involved. But I know it drives them nuts.

We sometimes feel really sick and really scared but we don’t know why exactly - we just know it is something to do with the memories. It seems weird that so much can be linked to the memories, like touch and smell, yet we don’t really remember much of the memories themselves. Does that make sense? Sorry if it doesn’t.

We still don’t know a lot of what triggers us. Some things we can avoid, but if we don’t know it makes it really hard. We try and practice grounding, and it sometimes works when we get triggered, but sometimes doesn’t, especially when the memories are really bad or strong and pull us in to it. I guess we need to practice it more often.

Yes our T always does grounding with us. He is very patient and kind with us, especially us non-adults. He just gently reminds us where we are, that we are safe and it all happened a long time ago. It seems silly he needs to say that so much, like we should remember. But we sometimes just don’t.

Sorry if I went on a bit much.

Rose
Collective
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:27 am

Postby IainEtc » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:05 am

Triggers are HARD. Sometimes you don't even know one's there then it hits. Maybe it's not a even trigger for me so I'm like 'no problem' then it hits somebody else in the system. Weird sh*t!

Host is always telling me to tone it down. I get SUPER tired of it! He's just scared cuz I'm the sexual one. He's afraid I'll get us in trouble. :roll: I'm not THAT bad!

Cody
Iain - 14, Colin - 17, Evan - 7, Cody - 16, Raven, & Host - the adult out front

When they say 'be yourself',
which one do they mean?
IainEtc
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:27 pm

Postby Jessica6 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:31 am

Collective wrote:and Sabrina (I think - sorry if I got that wrong)

Yeah you got it right! It's usually me in this thread- they say I'm 12 but I'm old enough I wasn't born yesterday.

Collective wrote:we are not trained seals that come when called

THAT. ^^^^^^

exactly. And we don't always go back in when RE called. Sometimes we can't. Sometimes we just don't wanna

Collective wrote:I guess we have to tone it down as well with outsiders.

Yeah we do too we're just so different from the body that if we like our too much us in front of others then it would just be really bad I guess.. BUT....

IainEtc wrote:Host is always telling me to tone it down. I get SUPER tired of it!

That, too! It's like damn dude come on just wanna be out for a while jeeze ain't it bad enough we ain't got bodies of our own that are US that we also just gotta hide all the time? None of us asked for this.

IainEtc wrote: He's just scared cuz I'm the sexual one. He's afraid I'll get us in trouble. I'm not THAT bad!

Yeah I mean we can only act out so much I mean like if we get the hosty or the body whatever you call it in trouble then we're all kinda in trouble sorta yeah I get it but still it's not fair. just ain't
OSDD-1b (perhaps):

Jessica (f, 25 PV)
-Sabrina (f,12 v)
--Stefanie (f,16 v)

Albert (m,14 q)
Nameless One (m,? q)

Charlie (m,5 q)
Aurora (f,70s? q)

Jessica6
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby Collective » Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:50 am

Hi ya, everybody (*waves*),

Omg! I’ve been b*tching about this sort of stuff for ages! The adults seem to get their knickers all in a bunch over things we do or say we wanna do and how we act out here. They just don’t get it! If we are with outsiders, they want us to stay in and if we do come out/have to come out, they tell us to well, basically act like them. We can’t do that! And why should we? They can be soo boring!

See ya!

-Rachel
Collective
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Postby Jessica6 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:49 pm

And they don't trust me to drive.

Okay so I might have scared them a time or two.

<3Sabrina<3
OSDD-1b (perhaps):

Jessica (f, 25 PV)
-Sabrina (f,12 v)
--Stefanie (f,16 v)

Albert (m,14 q)
Nameless One (m,? q)

Charlie (m,5 q)
Aurora (f,70s? q)

Jessica6
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby Collective » Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:30 am

Hi Sabrina,
Thanks for responding. Although I wouldn’t wish the things I see and feel on anyone else, it is comforting to know others have experienced it and have lived through it. Sometimes I think I will never get through it, and when they are happening a lot, I think I cannot do it anymore.
A fairy tattoo would be cool!

Hi Gang,
Thanks for the link, I found it very helpful. It sometimes helps to realise what I am feeling is kinda normal.

Hi Sasha and Devin,
I get that a lot, being scared with seemingly no reason for it. Sometimes with the docs help I am able to narrow it down a little, as to what scared me, but not all the time. I know I need to practice the grounding more, cos at the time I forget all about them. Yes our doc does help us with the grounding, he doesn’t seem to mind having to help us everytime with it. Makes me feel a bit like an idiot that I can’t remember something so simple. I mean, I should be able to remember what to do.

- Nicole

Collective
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Postby Jessica6 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:47 pm

For us the flashbacks- what few we know of- faded over time. It's a cliche, but Time is a healer of things.

And... yes a fairy tattoo is cool! We wish we had more of them- but this one was a hard sell as it was. And we got away with it only because she is 'naughty'. Not x-rated; but risque, and not your typical fairy in appearance. Still, we could wish for more. Including Tink :mrgreen:

Steph (filling in for Sabbie)
OSDD-1b (perhaps):

Jessica (f, 25 PV)
-Sabrina (f,12 v)
--Stefanie (f,16 v)

Albert (m,14 q)
Nameless One (m,? q)

Charlie (m,5 q)
Aurora (f,70s? q)

Jessica6
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby IainEtc » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:46 pm

Our head used to be a real bad neighborhood. These days we've been rebuilding it. Filling it with good things. It's getting better. Sometimes ugly things still jump out at us though.

If Cody tries to put a ######6 fairy tattoo on us I'm going to lose my $#%^!

Colin
Last edited by Snaga on Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: swear filter, no other edits
Iain - 14, Colin - 17, Evan - 7, Cody - 16, Raven, & Host - the adult out front

When they say 'be yourself',
which one do they mean?
IainEtc
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:27 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum