Our partner

For the teenagers!

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Johnny-Jack

Re: For the teenagers!

Postby IainEtc » Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:43 am

Hi Rachel,

I hope you're all doing good. It's cool you live in Australia and it's always tomorrow there :? Do you know anything about the Blue Knot Foundation? Somebody told us to check them out.

Cody and Host are kind of not getting along right now. I like both of them so I hope they get it figured out pretty soon.

Iain

Cody says Hi :D
Iain - 14, Colin - 17, Evan - 7, Cody - 16, Raven, & Host - the adult out front

When they say 'be yourself',
which one do they mean?
IainEtc
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:50 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Collective » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:01 am

Hi Iain and everybody else (*waves*),

Hi Iain, it’s funny you say about it being tomorrow here :lol: . I hadn’t thought of that before.
Sorry Cody and Host aren’t getting on. Must make it difficult. Does your T help with that? Our host kept trying to kill herself (couldn’t get it through her thick head she would kill us too!) so one of our protectors took her to the Beyond for a while.

It’s a weekend here and Jo’s partner is home. We keep things pretty low key when she is home, try and keep the switching (or crazy switching, anyway!) to a minimum. Sometimes it works, sometimes not (*shrugs*). Today was ok, at least from where I sit.

Hi ya Cody, how are you going? What have you been doing? Any more cooking?

See ya,
- Rachel
Collective
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:50 pm

Postby IainEtc » Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:04 am

Hi Rachel,

Host and Cody are kind of working it out. Our T helps them and keeps me from being in the middle which sucks pretty fast.

Sound pretty tough that your Host is suicidal!!! Glad you keep an eye on her. We're messed with that some but have a part that makes sure we don't EVER try anymore.

Got to go.

Iain
Iain - 14, Colin - 17, Evan - 7, Cody - 16, Raven, & Host - the adult out front

When they say 'be yourself',
which one do they mean?
IainEtc
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Collective » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:24 pm

Hello,

We have T today after a 2 week break. I am nervous about going back, he has been doing some work with me and I don’t want to talk about it. I don’t understand what I see in my head, what I hear. It’s hard to explain things when you don’t understand them.

And I know I’m affecting others here and that makes me feel really guilty. I hate that I still get scared from things I see, but the thought I am making others feel scared makes me feel even worse.

~ Nicole
Collective
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby TheGangsAllHere » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:08 pm

Hi Nicole,

We try to remember to tell the T all of our feelings about the feelings. That means saying that you don't want to talk about that stuff, and that you feel guilty about affecting others, and that you get scared from the things that you see. And also that you don't understand what you're seeing and that makes it hard to explain it.

A T should never be making you talk about things you don't want to talk about, or don't feel ready to talk about. It's important for you guys to be in charge of what you want to talk about.

If you had to send your host away somewhere for awhile because she wanted to kill herself, that sounds really important to talk about if you haven't already.

I hope everything goes well.

Devin
TheGangsAllHere
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:50 pm

Postby Collective » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:37 am

Hello Devin,
I didn’t mean to give the impression that our T makes us talk to him. He says it is our choice what we talk about and how much we tell him. I don’t have all the memories of bad stuff, I see some flickers and what I see makes me feel scared and sick. But even the few things I see, I still can’t go into details with anyone. Our T asks me different stuff cos he knows I can’t talk about a lot of it. He asks if I feel comfortable to talk in detail about the room, or maybe what I feel on the floor or what is next to me. He is fine if I say I can’t talk about something.

But i know when I do talk to him and describe what I am seeing I do feel a bit better and that one flicker fades. So I feel if I don’t talk about it, I am dragging everyone else down and not doing everything I can to stop it and to help the others.

I didn’t talk to him today. I just didn’t feel like I could do it today and so I didn’t. Now I feel guilty cos I didn’t help the others by talking about stuff.

- Nicole
Collective
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby TheGangsAllHere » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:04 am

Hi Nicole,

Your T sounds nice. I'm glad he doesn't make you tell him stuff.

If you didn't talk to him today, doesn't that mean someone else talked to him about stuff they needed to talk about? And that helps everyone also, right? It sounds like you were taking care of yourself and that's good.

We're feeling kind of sad right now, and we have to wait until Tuesday morning to see the T. It's Sunday night here. It was a good day, but then someone felt very sad about something, so we all have to feel it. It's hard because some of us don't think it's a thing to feel sad about, so we don't feel sad about it, but someone does and I guess we're not very good at helping them.

We did text our T about it though, even though some of us didn't want to. It's so hard when people want different things and feel different ways, all at the same time.

Devin
TheGangsAllHere
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Collective » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:32 am

Hi Devin,

Yes, our T is real nice and he talked to others today. They talked about Nic some, and she feels guilty for ‘taking up his precious time’ because they had to spend the time talking about her. Poor Nic has a lot of guilt about stuff, and this is just adding to it all.

Sorry some of you are feeling sad. I understand about the picking up on stuff from others. I was feeling really scared for a while and didn’t know why. It was later on we realised it was cos of what Nic was going through. You said you are not very good at helping the ones who are sad, but it sounds like you try.

Can I ask? How do you try and help the others that are sad?

That’s good you can text your T. Does he or she text you back?

I hope you have a better day tomorrow (or today it could be there now).

- Rose
Collective
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby TheGangsAllHere » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:05 pm

Hi Rose,

Well, like I said, we're not good at helping others who are sad, especially if some of us think they "shouldn't" be sad. So at this point, if we can't or won't deal with it, then we might text the T for support. It means we have to wait for him to respond, so sometimes we're feeling too needy to rely on that, and will just put it "away" until we see him.

Last night we texted him about feeling sad (and about not wanting to text him, and sorry for bothering him, etc), and he wrote back a really nice text that helped the sad one(s) feel better.

We haven't been journaling at all, which means we haven't been sorting out everyone's feelings like we should, but someone doesn't want to face those feelings, so we just don't. Someone else feels bad about that--like we're "supposed to" be doing that, and not just relying on the T to help us sort things out, but he would probably say that there isn't any "supposed to," and that we're doing what we can.

Whenever we ask him, he says that we're doing this "just right," and in the past he's said that the only "wrong" way to do therapy is to try to go too fast. Someone inside is saying right now that he's too nice to us and we don't deserve that. We're kind of having a bad day for a bunch of reasons, but we'll see the T tomorrow morning and that will probably help.

Devin
TheGangsAllHere
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby SeveralCrows » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:05 pm

Is it okay to be angry here? Whenever I want to talk it always seems so nice here and I don't want to ruin it for everyone else.

M
33F Human Body - Dx'd System of 22+ parts.
System currently being reconfigured. Please stand by.
SeveralCrows
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

PreviousNext

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum