Our partner

For the teenagers!

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Johnny-Jack

Re: For the teenagers!

Postby Collective » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:24 am

How do you stop the bad pictures? We are seeing them, snapshots of the past. It’s like a movie made up of snapshots, of photos. It cycles through, then it goes back to the beginning. We don’t really see traumatic events but there is like a feeling that bad stuff happened in the places we see. And we just feel fear when it is playing.
Yesterday a younger teen here said she was scared all the time at the moment but didn’t know why. It really upset me when I realised she is being affected by what a few of us keep seeing. Like it isn’t only affecting us, it’s affecting others as well. Our T is working hard to try and stop it, but he can’t do too much at once, you know?
I just want it to stop. Why won’t it stop?

~ Nicole
Collective
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:27 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby IainEtc » Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:53 am

Hi Nicole,

We have flashback pictures sometimes too. Our old T said it's a brain thing and kind of hard to stop. She got us to think up some better pictures to show ourselves. You know like competing pictures. We couldn't just stop the bad ones. That was too hard. So we got something better to think about kind of like editing a movie with new video - (sorry I'm not really explaining this very well) It mostly works but it's still scary sometimes.

Iain

Hi Sasha,

I've been stuck inside and time has just gone by SUPER fast. I was talking to our T the other day and complaining that the system only hauls me out for like 'milkshakes'. I want to do other things too! It's not like that's on my mind ALL THE TIME. Actually it IS on my mind all the time but I can think of other stuff too. I'm going to try some cooking. Don't know how to do it but maybe if I can cook they'll be ok with me being out more. What do you think????

Cody
Iain - 14, Colin - 17, Evan - 7, Cody - 16, Raven, & Host - the adult out front

When they say 'be yourself',
which one do they mean?
IainEtc
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:27 pm

Postby TheGangsAllHere » Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:30 am

Hi Cody,

I think cooking is a great idea!!!! I don't like to cook, but a lot of people really do. I'm sure you could learn whatever you need. There are tons of recipes online for whatever you want to make.

Gotta go do some stuff for the littles. Nadia is stressed out about some stuff, so no milkshakes for me tonight I guess.

Sasha <3 <3 <3
TheGangsAllHere
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:27 pm

Postby Collective » Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:16 am

Hi Iain,

Thanks for writing. That is interesting your T said about editing the pictures. I just sit there like a blob and let it kinda wash over me, I have never even thought about doing something to change them.

Our T was real nice with me on Thursday and he was trying to get me to remember it was a long time ago it happened. He tried to get me to notice the sounds from outside and the feel of things. It kinda helped a bit at the time, but now I’m home I can’t do it anymore.

Can it destroy me? I feel like it can, that the pictures will cause me to go crazy or maybe not be here anymore but T said it cannot.

- Nicole
Collective
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby Collective » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:36 am

Hi Ya, everybody (*waves*). It’s quiet here, what’s happening? What are you all up to?

- Rachel
Collective
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby IainEtc » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:04 am

Hi Rachel,

We had T today so we're totally exhausted. But we had T today so that means we can't get to sleep!!!! Host says we have to try but I bet I'll be up later anyway. Sleeping is kind of hard.

Cody cooked today which is new for her and Colin did stuff in the workshop and Host let me buy another computer game. :D

Iain

which one do they mean?
IainEtc
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby MakersDozn » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:58 pm

Hi Iain,

We hope you get some rest. One thing about being laid off is that we have time to take care of our health better.

We'd like to know what Cody cooked, if it's okay to say.

MDs (who don't cook much at all)
Multiple self-dxed 1996. Body 58f. System of 47: 42 ♀, 5 ♂; 17 littles (7+under), 9 middles (8-11), 14 teens (12-17+), 5 bigs (18+up), + a formless yin/yang. Oldest member is 25.

Notable: Charity 25, Deborah 23, Drew 23f, Mary 23, Rachel 23, Laura 17.5, Allegra 17, Cass 17, shawn 16f.
Blog | Our Story | Journey
MakersDozn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:27 pm

Postby IainEtc » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:21 pm

Hi,

Cody cooked noodles and sausage with some kind of tomato sauce - like Italian maybe. It was really good. She says she's going to try a more complicated sauce later. She put a TON of garlic in it! Oh and she also made garlic bread with butter and red pepper sprinkled on top. She's watching Youtubes about cooking and she's pretty smart so I bet she can figure it out.

Iain

which one do they mean?
IainEtc
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby MakersDozn » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:40 pm

That sounds good, Iain. We hope that you enjoyed it. We think it's cool that Cody is learning to cook like that. Especially watching videos to learn more and try more.

MDs (kinda blendy right now)
Multiple self-dxed 1996. Body 58f. System of 47: 42 ♀, 5 ♂; 17 littles (7+under), 9 middles (8-11), 14 teens (12-17+), 5 bigs (18+up), + a formless yin/yang. Oldest member is 25.

Notable: Charity 25, Deborah 23, Drew 23f, Mary 23, Rachel 23, Laura 17.5, Allegra 17, Cass 17, shawn 16f.
Blog | Our Story | Journey
MakersDozn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:27 pm

Postby Collective » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:50 pm

Hi everyone, good to see you guys around a bit.

Hi Iain, you guys don’t sleep after therapy either? I thought it was just us! The bigs here tend to have meetings within afterward, which sometimes we have to go to. How come you guys can’t sleep?

The cooking sounds fun. I love sausages. We call them snags here in Oz, oh and the couple of English peeps we have here call them bangers, for some reason. Bangers and mash for dinner, they say. Sounds funny. What do you call sausages?

We are supposed to be eating healthy and losing weight, but it’s hard and lets face it - it sux! I would love a big bit of cake right now! :(

- Rachel
Collective
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

PreviousNext

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum