Our partner

How are you today thread (trigger warning)

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Snaga, NewSunRising, lilyfairy

Re: How are you today thread (trigger warning)

Postby TheGangsAllHere » Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:47 am

We got home yesterday from our trip and got things ready for the two kittens we're adopting. Today we had to go help with a clean up project in the morning, and then we picked up the kittens and brought them home. They explored for a bit and then went to sleep.

We're still exhausted from having a bad cold and not sleeping well at the hotel. Also, our feelings keep swinging back and forth very dramatically, and it makes us feel very unstable. We go from feeling very good about our life and happy how things are going to feeling sad and hopeless and like we're a complete failure and everything that looks good is just a facade.
TheGangsAllHere
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:07 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby ViTheta » Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:40 pm

Glad that you're home and hopefully you will be able to feel more stable soon.

Have a migraine this morning. Thursday we start working on games for the Littles and setting things up a bit better. Father is now moved and it is starting to look like we'll be on our own most of the time. Once they have the aide sorted out (same one as before) she'll be here Monday, Wednesday and Friday only. Which means that four days a week will have no interruptions. This is good.
Autistic, DID, trans
Alters: Violette, Agatha, Agnes, Anathema, Angel, Beth, Bonnie, Bri, Gia, Keira, Leila, Lilith, Marcie, Octavia, Pippa, Queen, Selene, Val, Veronica
Threads https://www.psychforums.com/dissociative-identity/topic221125.html https://www.psychforums.com/dissociative-identity/topic221263.html
ViTheta
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:07 pm

Postby TheTriForce » Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:49 am

Morning!

Those Kittens sound cute! @TheGangsAllHere. We've never had cats, always dogs so not sure how they compare as pets other than not having to walk them everyday at least once!

Glad things are improving for you too @ViTheta

Hope your grandma is ok @ArbreMonde could you arrange to do a phone call or video call to her in the hospital with a nurse helping her? I know this was done with people during the covid restrictions.

Yesterday was exhausting, the guy didn't turn up until near 3pm then all he did was spray something white over the stains then wait to see if it showed through! ...It did, so then he used a thicker paint and said it needed leaving overnight to dry out...and booked us in again for next week to return to paint the whole area....not sure whether he meant the 'whole area' where the watermarks are from leaking pipe are or 'whole area' as in the whole ceiling!

Anyway he guaranteed it wouldn't be before lunch time so we don't have to up so early next time. I just went and laid down as our back was really painful sat in wheelchair all day to get to door quick and I don't remember the rest of the evening!

Now we have have to get out and wait to see what day the vaccine nurse will turn up, they usually won't be here before 11am as its the community nurses who are usually out helping those who need help with getting dressed and fed first thing every morning, we can manage that ourselves..thankfully!

I'll come back later after Mr Woof has been walked to read other posts and do the journal.

Jay
Body - F 50+ yrs disabled/autistic/DID Host: Jay
TheTriForce
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:07 pm

Postby ViTheta » Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:29 pm

Thank you TriForce,

Today is a little busy, but my friend LB will be back today from helping her family move to Florida. I can't wait. Starting this month, we're ordering most of the supplies for the cats from an online store instead of buying anything in the stores. This goes for other supplies like nitrile gloves. It's going to be helpful.

Monday is therapy and we're a bit worried about that. It's not likely to be 'fun', and could be difficult given that our T is learning about trauma and trauma induced parts. We're worried we're going to have to actually discuss our different alters and system as a whole.

Other than the usual issues with Father, not much has gone on.

Take care,
Vi
Autistic, DID, trans
Alters: Violette, Agatha, Agnes, Anathema, Angel, Beth, Bonnie, Bri, Gia, Keira, Leila, Lilith, Marcie, Octavia, Pippa, Queen, Selene, Val, Veronica
Threads https://www.psychforums.com/dissociative-identity/topic221125.html https://www.psychforums.com/dissociative-identity/topic221263.html
ViTheta
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby TheTriForce » Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:09 am

It's freezing fog here this morning! Felt stiff but managed a gentle physio session as haven't done one for a couple of days this week. Mr Woof has a slight limp (from an old agility jump injury, has arthritis in that joint) so we're having a rest day from walking, he has some doggy-safe medication, he can have a rest day and I will try and use the spare' energy to get another job done!

The front room needs to be readied for the tree going up and we usually start wrapping stuff so they're all done for when the tree goes up. We found the bro's gf won't be there xmas day so the 'insiders' are happier but 'ever wary' Kit says 'wait and see' cos it could change at the last minute. I think the insiders find the build up stressful but are fine once we get there and can see who will be needed to be upfront and whether the littles can get chance to come out near the front to watch a movie or open some of the presents with us.

And we still have the stress of the jab, (nurse hasn't turned up yet) again ..we'll be fine once we've got passed the point we haven't had an allergic reaction to it! it's more a fear of having to be rushed to hospital (taking things out of our control) than a fear of the actual jab itself...especially as the ceiling painting didn't go to plan and he now has to come back again next week! :roll:

Anyway Mr Woof is nudging my arm off the keys while I'm trying to type to say 'stop talking on that thing and get me my breakfast! :lol: ..so best go!

Bye for now

Jay
TheTriForce
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby TheTriForce » Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:38 am

Hoping for a relaxing day today!...yesterday ended up a bit stressful! Another rest day from walks too as its teaming down outside, so came back to bed with a cuppa for a quiet half hour catching up on posts!

We're getting a bit hungry now though and the littles want a sausage sandwich for breakfast and Mr Woof wants us to get up and play if we're not doing walkies...so best get our butt out of bed for a bit! :D

Best make the most of it ...as have painter back tomorrow and still waiting for covid home vaccination team to turn up, hopefully some time this week as we still haven't been able to see our stepmother who also had a mild stroke recently. Usually we may say we'd be glad when this week/month was over but given the current climate we've no idea if the rest of winter will be any better/easier!

Hope everyone else is doing ok

Jay
TheTriForce
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby ViTheta » Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:09 pm

We're worried about tomorrow. We'll be talking to our T, and she's been learning about trauma parts. This might mean having to talk to her more about us being a system. That could be a bit rough.

Other than that, adapting pretty well to being mostly on our own. It's actually be nice since we've been eating food we want not having to make accommodations for Father's preferences.

We're going to have to talk to our doctor about anti-inflammation medication. We had to go on one briefly, but then when it stopped it turned out that there's arthritis in our left ankle and it made just walking almost impossible.

We've been not masking as much on some social media places and gotten teased a bit. It's not malicious, but we end up feeling self-conscious because we're trying to balance out what is 'I' talking or what is 'us' talking. That's not easy.

After Vi and Leila shopped yesterday, I got to come out. This meant that when Gia came out for a bit, I had to be there with her. That was an interesting experience for me.

I hope everyone's day is going well,
Pippa
Autistic, DID, trans
ViTheta
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby TheTriForce » Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:17 am

ViTheta wrote:We're worried about tomorrow. We'll be talking to our T, and she's been learning about trauma parts. This might mean having to talk to her more about us being a system. That could be a bit rough.

Other than that, adapting pretty well to being mostly on our own. It's actually be nice since we've been eating food we want not having to make accommodations for Father's preferences.

We're going to have to talk to our doctor about anti-inflammation medication. We had to go on one briefly, but then when it stopped it turned out that there's arthritis in our left ankle and it made just walking almost impossible.

We've been not masking as much on some social media places and gotten teased a bit. It's not malicious, but we end up feeling self-conscious because we're trying to balance out what is 'I' talking or what is 'us' talking. That's not easy.

After Vi and Leila shopped yesterday, I got to come out. This meant that when Gia came out for a bit, I had to be there with her. That was an interesting experience for me.

I hope everyone's day is going well,
Pippa

Hope today goes well for you all. We have painter man back today so K & B have gone deep inside so we're not flooded with anxiety all day.Juno is helping me cook the pizza topping off so we can just stick it on the frozen base later. We have a seperate small halogen oven luckily to plug in here in front room so gonna just stick base in there cook it a bit then add pre-cooked topping and grated cheese then stick lid back on!

We won't be able to use anything that makes lots of steam when he's done cos ceiling will need to dry and it will stink of paint in there (Kitchen) anyway! Got microwave in here too to make hot choc to take to bed with us. Should be able to cook normally in there by tomorrow again though.

The nurse from the surgery turned up to get blood for our thyroid levels. Still waiting for the covid jab she said the covid team are months behind on appointments and with strikes too it may not even be before xmas! :shock:

Anyway best get on with clearing the counter tops,he'll be here soon (hopefully) :roll:

Jay
TheTriForce
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby TheGangsAllHere » Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:08 pm

Pippa, I hope things go well for you with the T. You know that you don't HAVE to talk about anything you don't want to talk about or that feels too overwhelming, right? Therapy is for you, so you're in charge of what gets talked about, and it's always ok to say, "I don't want to talk about that right now." 8)

Jay, I hope the painting goes well and gets finished today.

We didn't sleep well last night, but so far today is going ok. The kittens are very entertaining and some of the more worried insiders are feeling more comfortable with them, and worrying a little less about bad things that might happen.

We have ballet later this morning, and then a myo-fascial release session, which helps us stay flexible.

Someone wants to post photos on Facebook, from Thanksgiving, and of the kittens--totally appropriate stuff, but others don't want to be exposed to what other people might think, even if it's likely to be 100% supportive and nice. It should feel safer now since we unfriended the father, and we can just delete or hide any comments from anyone who makes us feel uncomfortable. One of our aunts posted a comment we didn't like on a photo we posted, and we ended up deleting it. I don't think she even noticed--at least she didn't say anything about it.
TheGangsAllHere
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:07 pm

Postby TheTriForce » Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:37 pm

TheGangsAllHere wrote: It should feel safer now since we unfriended the father, and we can just delete or hide any comments from anyone who makes us feel uncomfortable. .

I think there's also a setting when you write the post you can control who will see it without blocking that person, they still stay on your friends list but they won't be able to see that specific post. Works if your FB friends are from all over the world and don't know each other - Jay
TheTriForce
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

PreviousNext

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post