Our partner

How are you today thread (trigger warning)

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Snaga, NewSunRising, lilyfairy

Re: How are you today thread (trigger warning)

Postby TheTriForce » Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:10 am

companionwolf wrote:Yeah, it's first person but not scary-- the scariest part might be the Tarrs, or angry slimes, but you can play in a mode without the Tarrs and angry slimes can be fed to make them not angry.

And yep it's the one with the vacuum that picks up the slimes! (: It's somewhat open world; you get to explore and slowly unlock other areas. I think the PC version is a bit better, but Switch runs decent.

-- S

We have Switch we don't have a Windows PC.

Is that some kind of 'easy' or 'assist' mode then? (without Tarrs in it). Looked on e-shop to see if there was a free demo, there isn't but it's been reduced to about £11..we've got points so could bring it down to under a tenner. There's only about £30 credit left on e-shop and can't afford to add any more right now.

Hope you have a good birthday.

Jay
Body - F 50+ yrs disabled/autistic/DID Host: Jay
TheTriForce
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:46 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby ZodiacDragon » Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am

So, our friend who we talked about in the last post is okay and well! They just got out of the hospital, so we're helping how we can. Thanks to everyone here who sent us warm wishes!
- Alex
Alex: Host, Human, 25, FtM, Pan
Sarabi: Opossum, 21, F, Pan
Akane: Anthro wolfdog, 21, M, Pan
Saggita: Dragon, ???, M, Demi-Pan
Anime: Dragon, 2100+, Agender, Ace
Kuroneko: Human-nekomata mix, 945, M, Gay
Flair: Pegasus/Dragon mix, 2000+, NB, Pan/Gay (sub-system)
ZodiacDragon
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:46 am

Postby ViTheta » Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:42 pm

Alex that is wonderful news! May they have a speedy recovery. I know that you were very worried.

So...there is some news on our end. Father is moving upstairs and will be helping Uncle B with a lot of things too. This will mean that he's upstairs and they can keep an eye on each other. The housekeeper will be back, but that's okay since she does have a set schedule. This means that we'll only have to face disruption from Father once a day at dinner and the housekeeper will be downstairs only occasionally. They're going to have the same housekeeper too.

This will let us have more time for everyone to front a little if they want to. Agnes was out last night to do the cooking. She's spectacular at cooking.

Today will be a difficult day as Sister and us will be going through some of Mother's possessions, but at least we have someone to go through them with.

Take care,
Pippa
Autistic, DID, trans feminine.
System of twenty. Umbrella/System name Theta
Host: Violette. Alters active on forum: Pippa, Beth, Angel
Introductory thread https://www.psychforums.com/dissociative-identity/topic221125.html
Journey thread https://www.psychforums.com/dissociative-identity/topic221263.html
ViTheta
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby TheTriForce » Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:16 pm

I'm glad your friend is ok @zodiacDragon

I am experiencing severe anxiety today at the thought of future changes that are happening around us and I don't remember having this symptom so badly when I was last the 'secondary host'. I think it maybe because this time I am more connected to all the insiders and have access to their memories and fears and they are currently overwhelming me.

We don't have any 'disconnected parts' left in the system and I'm not sure it's possible to 'create one' now everybody knows of each other, just to occasionally deal with things none of the insiders feel they can cope with outside of our regular isolated lifestyle.

Maybe writing out all the things we think could go wrong will help us see how irrational some of the thoughts are? or getting one's who had social skills in the past to come out to blend to give us a temporary confidence to deal with things.

Jay
TheTriForce
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby ViTheta » Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:49 pm

I hope things will be okay, Jay. I know that changes are difficult to deal with.

Some things you can't change like if they have a dog or such, but it will be a while and hopefully they have a cat or something that won't be a problem :)

Uncle B wants Father to move upstairs right away, which is okay by us. I got to interact with Sister today and a bit with Father. At least directly. We think it's hard for people to tell the differences between us, but that's okay :)

Hope today is less rainy.

Pippa
Introductory thread https://www.psychforums.com/dissociative-identity/topic221125.html
Journey thread https://www.psychforums.com/dissociative-identity/topic221263.html
ViTheta
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby companionwolf » Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:16 pm

TheTriForce wrote:We have Switch we don't have a Windows PC.

Is that some kind of 'easy' or 'assist' mode then? (without Tarrs in it). Looked on e-shop to see if there was a free demo, there isn't but it's been reduced to about £11..we've got points so could bring it down to under a tenner. There's only about £30 credit left on e-shop and can't afford to add any more right now.

Hope you have a good birthday.

Jay

Yes-- if our memory is right the game has a causal mode that prevents the Tarrs! I am pretty sure the Switch one has that.

I can totally empathize with having to make your purchases carefully right now. If you do get Slime Rancher I hope you have fun!!

Thank you for birthday wishes; Wolf is mad a little because it is looking like we don't get a cake again... cake is serious business to them. I dunno why. But the kids are happy; they got their toys and a coloring book, we big ones got the stuff for them-- we had just enough extra money.

We need to start working on the hats that we have been asked to make... woke up very late. The house is empty which is nice. Tomorrow we go visit other family. I don't know what we will do on Friday.

I hope everyone is doing as well as they can; take gentle care of yourselves and hold each other tight.

-- S
ADHD, cPTSD, and a dissociative disorder
companionwolf
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:46 pm

Postby TheTriForce » Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:48 pm

companionwolf wrote:
Yes-- if our memory is right the game has a causal mode that prevents the Tarrs! I am pretty sure the Switch one has that.

I can totally empathize with having to make your purchases carefully right now. If you do get Slime Rancher I hope you have fun!!

Thank you for birthday wishes; Wolf is mad a little because it is looking like we don't get a cake again... cake is serious business to them. I dunno why. But the kids are happy; they got their toys and a coloring book, we big ones got the stuff for them-- we had just enough extra money.

We need to start working on the hats that we have been asked to make... woke up very late. The house is empty which is nice. Tomorrow we go visit other family. I don't know what we will do on Friday.

I hope everyone is doing as well as they can; take gentle care of yourselves and hold each other tight.

-- S

. ..wait till you get home and treat yourselves to your favourite takeaway or a cake or something! Have a private belated birthday night for your 'littles' with their new games and favourite food :wink:

Nobody ever buys us cake either though to be fair its a bit of a nightmare due to us having a severe nut allergy. I think last host started buying one themself when the supermarket we use for home delivery started stocking 'free from' birthday cake for people with food allergies.

Jay
TheTriForce
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby ViTheta » Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:21 pm

Forgot to say Happy Birthday S.

If we want cake, we have to make it ourselves. That's okay. We don't do sweets much anymore.

Went through Mother's knicknacks and kept a few things. The rest we'll donate. The shop that sells all of it gives money to local veterans.

Pippa
ViTheta
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby TheTriForce » Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:49 pm

We're still a little 'highly strung' today but have managed to get confirmation back from housing that the workman will come (next) Tuesday to paint the kitchen ceiling from the water damage earlier in the year! so gonna be busy weekend clearing the work tops and sorting the kitchen!

Still waiting on news about covid vaccination we decided it would be better to have it cos the tinnitus is probably unrelated considering only hearing aid relieves it on one side and other side seems to depend on levels of neck pain and stiffness (and sometimes too much sugar!). :shock:

Hoping for a dry sunny day at weekend to go visit the ducks too and see a nice sunrise,it tends to help us feel more relaxed.

Jay
TheTriForce
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby companionwolf » Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:55 pm

Brain hurt. Want to go home away from bad people. The dinner was good but it wasn't worth being here. But we didn't get a choice on not coming.

Thank you everyone for birthday wishes. We really appreciate them.

We are hoping maybe cake tomorrow but no one is really getting hopes up. Maybe we can do what someone here suggested and get a cake later when home. That would be ok. It's just hard because we can't drive so we can't get groceries on our own. ):

-- blurry mess of folks
ADHD, cPTSD, and a dissociative disorder
companionwolf
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:46 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views