Our partner

How are you today thread (trigger warning)

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Snaga, NewSunRising, lilyfairy

Re: How are you today thread (trigger warning)

Postby ViTheta » Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:52 pm

@Jay

I'm glad that things are going well for you. Yeah, coming back out into the real world is an adjustment. It sounds like your system is taking good care of you though.

@Arbremonde

I hope that today was a nice quiet day to recover.

On this end...we're still recovering from this weekend. We'll be okay, but today is just not the best in the world given that we're going to have to go to the dentist.
Autistic, DID, trans feminine.
System of eighteen. Umbrella/System name Theta
Host: Violette. Alters active on forum: Pippa, Beth, Angel
Introductory thread https://www.psychforums.com/dissociative-identity/topic221125.html
Journey thread https://www.psychforums.com/dissociative-identity/topic221263.html
ViTheta
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:55 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby TheTriForce » Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:18 pm

[YUNA} Hope everyone is well? We've had fun this morning trying to bake birthday treats for Mr Woof! (using pre-bought 'doggy cake' mix) We found we'd forgot to order cupcake moulds but found a cake tin in the cupboard so he's got a cake instead, covered in potato icing (sweet & white mashed potato thinned to an icing consistency) with doggy bone shaped biscuits round and a ribbon to hold it all together! :D

Not the neatest cake you've ever seen lol! but made with lots of love for our special boy! :D

We wanted Jay to experience several of us up front and communicating together (4 of us made the cake) before she met others at the weekend so she wasn't totally overwhelmed by the number of us present, given she's only used to being alone or observing one other (unaware of her existence). It will be a big change for her there will be 3 little's, 7 adults inc Jay, (3 of us changeling) around the front over the weekend.
Body - F 50+ yrs disabled/autistic

Primary Host: Yuna-Lee
Secondary Host: Jay
Gatekeeper: Kit
Guardian (for Front): SG
'Littles': Susie, Bobby & Phoenix (currently between 4-6 yrs old)
Caretakers (of littles): Jody, Sioux
TheTriForce
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:55 am

Postby ViTheta » Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:23 pm

I'm glad that things went well TheTriForce.

We're still recovering from crashing on Tuesday. It's probably going to take a week or two before our body is fully recovered. Lily came out a little last night, but didn't really talk much. We're all kind of tired and haven't wanted to eat much. The body just feels nauseated by food right now. Add into that, there's been a persistent headache. It's unnerving when everyone's quiet too. I realize I'm nowhere near used to that happening. I can still hear Pippa playing her music, though, so that's good. I am finding that I am dissociating a lot lately, so that that's probably part of the recovery process as well. Sometimes I just shut down. No time skips, though. And I occasionally feel like I wish I could retreat into the inner world without causing major disruptions to life.

I hope that this makes sense.
Vi
Introductory thread https://www.psychforums.com/dissociative-identity/topic221125.html
Journey thread https://www.psychforums.com/dissociative-identity/topic221263.html
ViTheta
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby TheTriForce » Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:47 pm

ViTheta wrote:I'm glad that things went well TheTriForce.

We're still recovering from crashing on Tuesday. It's probably going to take a week or two before our body is fully recovered. Lily came out a little last night, but didn't really talk much. We're all kind of tired and haven't wanted to eat much. The body just feels nauseated by food right now. Add into that, there's been a persistent headache. It's unnerving when everyone's quiet too. I realize I'm nowhere near used to that happening. I can still hear Pippa playing her music, though, so that's good. I am finding that I am dissociating a lot lately, so that that's probably part of the recovery process as well. Sometimes I just shut down. No time skips, though. And I occasionally feel like I wish I could retreat into the inner world without causing major disruptions to life.

I hope that this makes sense.
Vi

Hope you feel better soon. It's a shame someone can't swap places to give you a break. I wonder if it depends what kind of DID a person has to whether others can completely swap or not?

Yuna

TheTriForce
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby ViTheta » Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:20 pm

Thank you TheTriForce,

The decision was made a while ago that the host (in this case me) wouldn't swap out because we live with three people who don't know about our DID. This way, we don't have to worry about them finding out and whoever is fronting doesn't have to worry about 'imitating' whoever would be normally fronting. Most of the time, I pull back and rest while someone else (usually Pippa) takes the vast majority of the front. I can step in if necessary, but almost never have to. This usually happens when we're talking to our friends or sister.

We're pretty certain that things will be better on that front when we're living on our own or with someone who knows we have DID. We can then pull back fully and not worry about being discovered.

Vi.
ViTheta
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby ViTheta » Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:17 pm

I realized I may not have been clear...but usually we co-front. Most days Pippa or Angel will come forward and co-front and I can step back and rest. It can still be a bit disorienting when I come back up to the front fully. Lilly came forward for a while today and then Pippa. Things are feeling much better.
ViTheta
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby ArbreMonde » Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:15 am

Yuna @TriForce : This sounds so cute for Mr Woof's birthday! I should try to do something for my cat, too. His Bday is in decembre. I'll ask the vet what I could do for him that would stay within the limits of his health issues (kidney issues meaning, no tuna for example)

@ViTheta : I am happy for you things are getting better!

__

I had another fit of hyperactivity yesterday, but I managed to sleep it of. Today will be a "live and let live" day, in order to recover. With a bit of cleaning the appartment, if I manage. At least the very important parts such as bathroom and kitchen.

I have also switched my electricity company (finallyyy!) for a cheaper and more serious one. I have a few hours at night and a couple during the day with cheaper electricity so I'll learn to program the washing machine to start at night. The difference in price per month will not be a lot but on the long run, it adds up, especially with the energy crisis.
Autistic | ADHD | DID (host: Morwan) | transmasc (they/them & he/him)

Journey thread | DID ressources thread

This too shall pass. It shall pass like a kidney stone, but it shall pass.
__
What is great about broken things is: they can be repaired.
ArbreMonde
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:55 am

Postby TheTriForce » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:02 am

ArbreMonde wrote:Yuna @TriForce : This sounds so cute for Mr Woof's birthday! I should try to do something for my cat, too. His Bday is in decembre. I'll ask the vet what I could do for him that would stay within the limits of his health issues (kidney issues meaning, no tuna for example)

__

I had another fit of hyperactivity yesterday, but I managed to sleep it of. Today will be a "live and let live" day, in order to recover. With a bit of cleaning the appartment, if I manage. At least the very important parts such as bathroom and kitchen.

I have also switched my electricity company (finallyyy!) for a cheaper and more serious one. I have a few hours at night and a couple during the day with cheaper electricity so I'll learn to program the washing machine to start at night. The difference in price per month will not be a lot but on the long run, it adds up, especially with the energy crisis.

Re your cat...have you thought of an interactive puzzle toy? Nina Ottosson does cat 'puzzles' too, that way you can just use your cats own food if they need a special food? ..or you use a wet food, maybe your vet can suggest a suitable small kibble style food you can get a small bag of just to use for the treat toy (then reduce his wet food accordingly).

https://www.nina-ottosson.com/products/great-for-cats/

You may be able to pick one up on ebay (or local equivalent - local pet store for example?) where it maybe cheaper than her own site (which ships direct from Sweden) but it just gives you idea of what's available and what they are called to search for one nearer to you?

There are ones called 'licky mats' that are more suited to a wet food that can be used for cats or dogs if dry food would not be an option for your cat. The French Amazon should stock it too probably?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LICKIMAT-69356 ... B089DN72Q7

[Sorry Kit is passionate about mental stimulation for pets too!...you're lucky you didn't get pages of links to every toy on the market. :lol: I (Yuna) managed to convince her 2 is probably enough to give you an idea of what to look for!!]

We are also not looking forward to the electricity bills with having the scooter needing charging 12 hours a night! Gas shouldn't be too bad we only have the boiler for hot water and heating (we can limit showers and time the heating is on easily) that is gas but everything else is electric. Ours have both gone up again, the basic unit and the standing charge (you pay just for being connected regardless of how much you use).

TheTriForce
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby ArbreMonde » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:24 am

Thanks for the suggestions regarding puzzle toys!

My cat in on special kidney kibbles + 1 tablespoon wet food for kidneys (he licks the sauce and leaves the rest - when there is no sauce he just licks it and does not eat it - he prefers scronchy things, he steals hard bread and dry all bran cereals whenever he can lol)

I already use puzzle feeders everyday - the "funboard" and the "slim fast ball". I will consider the licky matt and maybe another puzzle toy so that he has many more to switch between, thanks for the suggestion! Maybe with the licky matt he'll eat a bigger variety of wet foods? I'll have to get a sample at the vet's and see how goes. Or give him plain (unsweetened) yoghurt on the licky matt. He loves that, too.

Thanks a lot for the suggestions they are awesome!
Autistic | ADHD | DID (host: Morwan) | transmasc (they/them & he/him)

Journey thread | DID ressources thread

This too shall pass. It shall pass like a kidney stone, but it shall pass.
__
What is great about broken things is: they can be repaired.
ArbreMonde
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:55 am

Postby TheTriForce » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:49 am

ArbreMonde wrote:Thanks for the suggestions regarding puzzle toys!

My cat in on special kidney kibbles + 1 tablespoon wet food for kidneys (he licks the sauce and leaves the rest - when there is no sauce he just licks it and does not eat it - he prefers scronchy things, he steals hard bread and dry all bran cereals whenever he can lol)

I already use puzzle feeders everyday - the "funboard" and the "slim fast ball". I will consider the licky matt and maybe another puzzle toy so that he has many more to switch between, thanks for the suggestion! Maybe with the licky matt he'll eat a bigger variety of wet foods? I'll have to get a sample at the vet's and see how goes. Or give him plain (unsweetened) yoghurt on the licky matt. He loves that, too.

Thanks a lot for the suggestions they are awesome!

Peanut butter or yoghurt on licky mats then frozen for a short while are often popular (particularly when its hot outside). Our dog can't have peanut butter due to the severity of our allergy to it, but we make him a 'doggy ice-cream' by mashing banana with a natural unsweetened yoghurt, spreading it on and leaving in freezer for a short time to make a bit more challenging ..or fridge overnight if we manage to remember the night before!

We've got our eye on a new Nina Ottosson puzzle for dogs due for release in time for xmas (over here) which is kind of like a big licky mat but a bit deeper (so small kibbles will fit too) and 3 levels to swizzle round, he'll love it! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjGSnkBBW4c

...[Yuna drags Kit off laptop before post becomes a dog puzzle discussion ... 'work to do..let's go!'...]
:lol: :lol:

TheTriForce
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

PreviousNext

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post