Our partner

How are you today thread (trigger warning)

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Snaga, NewSunRising, lilyfairy

Re: How are you today thread (trigger warning)

Postby YunaTheSummoner » Wed May 18, 2022 8:05 am

ArbreMonde wrote:Good luck on organizing everything!

Myself I finally recieved the tie clip and cufflinks I had ordered over Etsy. I'm in love. I'm totally going to convert all my shirts into cufflink compatible shirts. 8)

Sounds posh!!! :D Are you going anywhere nice in your new outfit?

We bought a new outfit for when we go out for the birthday.

The exercise game has arrived and is good, there's quite a few we can do but they're mixed in different pre-set categories with exercises we can't do too! eg floor exercises ..there's no one set floor routine they're just mixed within other categories/routines and a lot of energy wasted (for us anyway) getting down on floor to maybe do 5 repeats then back up to do different ones, then back down again.

Fortunately there is a custom mode! ...so we'll start Bobby off with a pre-made routine that we know we can do. Starting with the one's we can do from sitting, then can slide down onto floor and do the ones we can do from those and maybe more repetitions of fewer exercises. That should give them an idea where we're up to and a starting point to work from.
Resident Host - 'Yuna'
We are identical twins previously known on here as 'S & M' (from system 'KitMcDaydream') who function as 'a blended one' around RL others, but have separate bodies in the inner world, so may use both 'we' and 'I' interchangeably.
YunaTheSummoner
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby ArbreMonde » Thu May 19, 2022 6:37 pm

It's good there is a custom mode! Then you can built a routine that is fit for your needs.

I did not really get the cufflinks and tie clip for anything special. I just got tired of dipping my ties in tea or various stuff, so I thought, hey, a tie clip would be practical!

Found one nice on Etsy, the matching cufflinks were sold too, I happen to own a shirt needing cufflinks, and one thing leading to the other, now 2/3 of my shirts so far have been transformed into cufflink-compatible shirts. I put on a movie, cut and sew the border of a few buttonholes, and voilà, 3 to 5 shirts are done (depending on how long the movie is). (I do it by hand so it takes longer than by sewing machine.)

I don't need to have a special event to dress nice! (OKAY I also like to dress nice when I videocall my girlfriend. :wink: )
Autistic | ADHD | DID | transmasc (they/them & he/him)

System host/umbrella identity: Morwan

Journey thread | DID ressources thread

This too shall pass. It shall pass like a kidney stone, but it shall pass.
ArbreMonde
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:20 pm

Postby YunaTheSummoner » Fri May 20, 2022 7:36 am

ArbreMonde wrote:
I don't need to have a special event to dress nice! (OKAY I also like to dress nice when I videocall my girlfriend. :wink: )

True! we was never allowed to just sit around or play in our 'best clothes', so they didn't wear out as fast as I guess or get covered in dog hairs! ..so still automatically get changed as soon as I get back in and don't change into my 'going out clothes' until just before leaving! ...there's no practical sense wearing your best outfit to go walk and feed the dog first cos you can guarantee you will find a mark on it somewhere right at the point where you don't have time to get changed again! :)

These days we just like slip on jog pants and a t-shirt (or sweatshirt/fleece in winter) for just round the house when the only place we're gonna be going is walking the dog!
Resident Host - 'Yuna'
We are identical twins previously known on here as 'S & M' (from system 'KitMcDaydream') who function as 'a blended one' around RL others, but have separate bodies in the inner world, so may use both 'we' and 'I' interchangeably.
YunaTheSummoner
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby ArbreMonde » Tue May 31, 2022 5:58 pm

Today I was in an outing with the painting/drawing group from the association for disabled people. We were chatting together when a person approaches.

Person: "Hello ladies!"
Me: "I'm a guy."
Person: "Pull the other one!"

I shrug it off, laugh, go back to chatting.

The person walks around, listens for a bit, comes back to me, and...

PLOT TWIST!!!

"Sorry I mistook you for a woman, can I get your number?"

I politely declined. I have been lauging internally for hours since.

ArbreMonde
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby KitMcDaydream » Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:05 am

Hello I am Bobby. I hope everyone is well

Yuna has gone for holiday (inside) and 'update'. Kit and I visit for this long weekend. It is quiet here because bank holiday. We enjoy take dog for peaceful walk round village early, no one else on streets or fields. Like our own private empty village and nature park! :D

We enjoy house to ourself. Garden quiet and sunny, neighbours gone to jubilee fete. Later we play Zelda. I missed playing Zelda with Kit. we've been away a long time.

Bobby

p.s this thing at bottom is wrong.I am grown up now same age as body.
Body - 50+ female
Temporary Co-Hosts - Bobby (Adult) f, h , Kit f, h
* System Reshuffle in progress*
KitMcDaydream
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby ArbreMonde » Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:38 am

Hello Bobby! Enjoy the holidays!

You can change the thing at the bottom in the "User control panel" ucp.php Select "profile" then "edit signature". :)

Have fun playing Zelda and walking the dog!

ArbreMonde
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby KitMcDaydream » Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:28 pm

ArbreMonde wrote:Hello Bobby! Enjoy the holidays!

You can change the thing at the bottom in the "User control panel" ucp.php Select "profile" then "edit signature". :)

Have fun playing Zelda and walking the dog!

Thank you. Our system needs have changed a lot. Kit disconnected from body so I come out to work on physio exercises daily for a while to help her.

Yuna needs to reconnect to inner world, so she went in to receive 'update'.

I received update already. I have knowledge of all learned skills now as adult and up-to-date medical/life etc.

What does 'Umbrella Host' mean?

Bobby
Body - 50+ female
KitMcDaydream
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby ArbreMonde » Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:38 pm

I mean by "umbrella identity" the fact that all of my parts now identify with this identity as well as their own specific one. So this "umbrella identity" also functions as the main host.

We all have the same front-face even though we are still dissociated in the backstage, if you prefer. :) The same way a tree has one trunk and many roots.

ArbreMonde
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby disasterjoy » Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:20 pm

today was a pretty good day at work today. it's starting to leave me as i'm trying to remember it. i just remember that i was very fast--something that's good for my job--and that i'm now pretty exhausted. we're also throwing an early surprise party for my younger sister, who's birthday is today. i got her a cookie cake :)

i've started up with my duolingo again, and i'm taking a break from the other books i'm reading to read "healing the fragmented selves of trauma survivors" for a bit, if i can get enough focus.

kind of dreading having to work the next 5 days, but at least i get next wednesday and thursday off together :D
disasterjoy
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:20 am

Postby KitMcDaydream » Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:35 am

Something strange has happened today... 'I' feel like an 'I' ...that the me-self you knew as 'Bobby child' who grew up is the 'core self'.

The 'Kit' that originally joined here feels like a 'me in a past stage of life' - in particular the part where I was in the autism unit.

I can still summon 'M' she appears in the form of my mum as I last knew her and not as Yuna's twin 'Juno' (who appears as a 15 yr old re-incarnated version of her to 'Yuna').

Whilst 'Yuna' (post-stroke) feels like a 'social mask', very similar to 'Maddie', the original (teen) 'S' feels like a version of me at a younger age.

I believe this 'I' that I feel is truly me has always had severe 'Exposure Anxiety' - (which is kind of like selective mutism in a way where a child cannot speak in front of certain others but goes beyond that to been unable to perform any action as 'yourself' when RL others are present). Is this what incapacitates me when anyone enters 'my space'?..why no others are triggered out because no social demands are present in a life of complete isolation?

The name 'Kit' represents this self and certain other 'past selves' but it doesn't represent the whole system. At least it doesn't feel that way to me.

I am no longer the Bobby child living purely in the sensory - terrified by the world around me, neither am I the same 'Kit' who originally joined this board.Though putting words together seem easier and I read back and it looks more like 'Kit's words' and style. The body feels calmer and life is less stressful at this age than as a child, now many expectations have been removed.

Could the stroke have been the catalyst for my return to my body?
Body - 50+ female
KitMcDaydream
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

PreviousNext

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies