Our partner

How are you today thread (trigger warning)

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Snaga, NewSunRising, lilyfairy

Re: How are you today thread (trigger warning)

Postby ArbreMonde » Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:42 pm

Doing art stuff is a very good idea indeed! I hope you'll find the proper material for cheap to take nice pictures too. I hope you'll have tons of fun doing it!
__
Zamiel.
Key: ♂ he/him | ♀ she/her | ɸ they/them

Social: Zamiel ɸ (complex fusion) or Daniel ♂ɸ (Zamiel + David)
Self-care: David ♂
Managers: The Mirror ♂ (inner self-helper) - Isaïa ♂ ("trauma-sitter") - Theia ♀ (gatekeeper)
Trauma holders: Pride|Wrath ♂ - Lust ♀ - Reyna ♀ - Ulysses ɸ

Journey thread
ArbreMonde
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:12 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Arik » Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:48 pm

The last week of this month will mark the twenty-eighth anniversary of Samantha's "death." If you recall, Samantha is my third sister who only existed in my interworld.

Twenty-eight years is significant because the calendar repeats itself every twenty-eight years, and I use that when putting substantial amounts of time into perspective.
Arik
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:12 pm

Postby ArbreMonde » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:43 am

We saw the surgeon this morning. She reassured us that it is normal the aspect is odd to the untrained eye, and that there is nothing to worry about. She told us we were right to come to be checked because, better safe than sorry. All is well, it is even as good as can be.

She also complimented the nurse on the quality of the bandages she did because such high-quality work also helps on the recovery process. She is also happy for us that, the iron pills together with the fact that we spend most of our days laying down, helps a lot recover from the anemia.

We discussed a bit about the reconstruction processes that can be done when some things go astray and another intervention is needed. She does the reconstruction, but she also is - well, WAS - looking for a tattoo artist to complement her work. We gave her the adress to our tattoo artist, since he is already known for his work with the re-pigmentation of scar tissue among other things.

Inside the system, everything is still peacful and quiet and stable. I do not know if it is the compressive medical clothes that cover the surgery area or if it is the surgery itself, but we feel anchored. Together. Peaceful. The past still hurts, it will still need to be processed, but it feels more and more like an item on the to-do list among others. We have less flashbacks, we are more able to manage our triggers, to stay anchored.

Who would have guessed that this would be such an important aspect of managing our dissociative symptoms? ...Well, medics who do work with transgender people tend to notice trans people dissociate a lot pre-transition and that transitionning helps reduce the dissociation. Which leads to an important question: why some people think the mental health issues caused by dysphoria, needs to be adressed first before engaging into a transition - while experience shows that transition is in itself therapeutic since it helps feeling more at home in one's body, more anchored, less depressive, less anxious. It does not matter why someone is trans: what matters is, what can be done with this information to help the person feel good.

Are we trans because we developped DID? Would we be trans anyway if we had not been DID? It does not matter. What matters is, we are trans, the surgeries make us all happy and more anchored and less dissociative. In a way, transitionning is part of our DID healing process.

This irony would make many a transphobe and many a psychophobe, implode.
__
David.

Managers: The Mirror ♂ (inner self-helper) - Isaïa ♂ ("trauma-sitter") - Theia ♀ (gatekeeper)

Journey thread
ArbreMonde
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby gremandco » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:38 pm

we ran out of milk for my coffee, which sucks because when i started fronting today, i felt like absolute garbage without coffee. but, i went googling for some alternatives to milk. i tried butter, didn’t really do anything, but then i discovered we had chocolate powder and dry milk in the pantry, and now i’ve made our coffee taste like hot chocolate, which is awesome. i don’t think i’ll do this every day, but it was pretty good.

-kat
name: manytown
pronouns: he/they
member count: *???* known (10/10/21)
frequent fronters: grem/fragments, teef, D, kat
introduction thread blog journal
gremandco
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby YunaTheSummoner » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:10 am

Juno and I are still doing ok. Bit of drama yesterday when something got delivered to wrong address cos it showed as delivered so ebay seller wouldn't refund.

Must have been our lucky day cos later a cute guy knocked on our door with a parcel asking if it was ours. Apologised for it being late, as he'd left for work before it was delivered and didn't see it until after he returned. Lucky we got it at all considering he found it behind his bin and it was bin day yesterday!! :shock: Someone must have been watching over us!!

So nervously hoping a more expensive gift turns up today as its 'out for delivery' and can't afford to buy this one again! At least if it ends up at same guys house we'll know he'd return it to us!!! :D

Have to go put the dogs outdoor ball pool tent in the shed today cos weather's due to get bad here... strong winds and rain due at weekend then an arctic blast hitting us for Halloween!

Yuna & Juno
YunaTheSummoner
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:12 pm

Postby TheGangsAllHere » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:42 am

We had a bad thing happen last night. In a class where we had to get up and perform in front of people, the teacher made remarks about our body that were really inappropriate, and probably qualify as sexual harassment.

We've been upset about it all day, and finally called a counselor at the college. We have an audio recording of his remarks, so we played it for her and she was really supportive. But she isn't someone who can report it, so we need to report it to someone on Monday who can actually talk to that teacher about it.
TheGangsAllHere
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:12 pm

Postby gremandco » Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:31 am

TheGangsAllHere wrote:We had a bad thing happen last night. In a class where we had to get up and perform in front of people, the teacher made remarks about our body that were really inappropriate, and probably qualify as sexual harassment.

We've been upset about it all day, and finally called a counselor at the college. We have an audio recording of his remarks, so we played it for her and she was really supportive. But she isn't someone who can report it, so we need to report it to someone on Monday who can actually talk to that teacher about it.

that’s absolutely disgusting. so sorry this happened to you :shock: :(

i hope you can get it reported and taken care of quickly.

-kat
name: manytown
pronouns: he/they
member count: *???* known (10/10/21)
frequent fronters: grem/fragments, teef, D, kat
introduction thread blog journal
gremandco
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby ArbreMonde » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:22 am

Sending moral support your way, Gang.
__
Daniel.

Journey thread
ArbreMonde
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby ArbreMonde » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:18 am

After cancelling last week due to a last-minute check-up with the surgeon, we finally had the housekeeper for a couple hours this morning. Seeing the appartment clean is a real relief. Alright it is not perfect, she did not do the things exactly like we usually do but at least, it's clean. She was fast too.

I only need to do the details here and there throughout the week, which will be way more doable than doing all by myself.

Then, as soon as I manage the administration papers, I can plan to have a housekeeper come a couple hour per week for the cleaning, as well as having other times during the week for other services (groceries and other specific tasks that are long and complicated to do by myself).

It is a real relief. It feels likethe everyday issues are being solved bit by bit. The future seems less complicated, knowing it is possible to have help for the housekeeping.
__
Daniel.

Journey thread
ArbreMonde
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Previous

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views