Our partner

How are you today thread (trigger warning)

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Johnny-Jack

Re: How are you today thread (trigger warning)

Postby ArbreMonde » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:14 pm

oOo I think I hate the administration.

oOo We had an appointment this morning for some disability-related thing. Took the bus in the wrong direction out of habit, ended up at the wrong end of the line. Arrived at the appointment one hour late, including, needing 20 mins to find their building, because it's big like a forest shack and lost between two huge buildings and a 1 m thick historical wall, with absolutely no arrow pointing to it whatsoever (but the other buildings have their arrows in the neighboring streets, so I wrongly assumed that, no arrow means no building). Who had "playing hide-and-seek with an administration building" in their 2020 bingo? (sigh)

oOo This appointment was to tell us that... We are still on the waiting list, thank you very much, and we'll know mid-december if we keep being on the waiting list or are being judged as "not autistic enough to recieve help".

oOo I hope that "needing to sleep the rest of the day away because the morning bus was too much" IS "autistic enough" for them. (sigh)

--

van H.
Multiple system Dx autistic, depression, c-PTSD...

he/him | she/her | they/them

Active system members: oOo van Hohenheim | oTo Trisha | & Urielle | - X | // Ulysses | ♥ Lust | Sub-system: {Pride|Wrath} | ?? Zami ??

Journey thread
ArbreMonde
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:23 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby IainEtc » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:52 am

Hi,

We have T tomorrow and then Host has a work thing and then we have to fix some stuff at home. That's a like a super bad combination. Host needs to figure out this is like a total strain on everybody to do all that stuff on ONE DAY. I can handle T and Host can handle work and Colin will fix the stuff but REALLY do we have to do it all on the SAME DAY????

Iain
Iain - 14, Colin - 17, Evan - 7, Cody - 16, Raven, & Host - the adult out front

When they say 'be yourself',
which one do they mean?
IainEtc
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:23 pm

Postby companionwolf » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:00 am

Things that happened a few years ago keep getting reminded about and it hurts. I should be over this stuff, it wasn’t BAD like the other actually BAD things we’ve been through. I don’t understand why it still hurts and still makes me so angry and sad. Dealing with eating troubles too. The protectors and caretakers are worried. Therapist in 4 days so that’s ... good.

There’s a sense that our ‘good’ right now is actually a false security, that we’re putting up a front (HA) to appear ok, and we aren’t allowed to drop the front until we get out of school, which is still another year, and then there’s the question of if we even get the chance to leave this state/the parents (so many of us are convinced it won’t happen).

It’s just. It looks ok but it really isn’t. That’s all.

- Wolf
ADHD, cPTSD, and a unspecified dissociative disorder
20+ parts
Main posters are Wolf, C ,P, L, and EC
companionwolf
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:23 pm

Postby MakersDozn » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:45 pm

Hi all....

Iain....maybe you and Colin could have a talk with Host and negotiate a better balance for all of the things that you need to do?

Wolf....we identify with the feelings that you posted about. Sorry this is so difficult for you.

MDs
Multiple self-dxed 1996. Body 58f. System of 47: 42 ♀, 5 ♂; 17 littles (7+under), 9 middles (8-11), 14 teens (12-17+), 5 bigs (18+up), + a formless yin/yang. Oldest member is 25.

Notable: Charity 25, Deborah 23, Drew 23f, Mary 23, Rachel 23, Laura 17.5, Allegra 17, Cass 17, shawn 16f.
Blog | Our Story | Journey
MakersDozn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby birdsong87 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:52 pm

we had a good day today.
new clothes arrived, all fitting well.
we published something we have worked towards for years. very proud of that.
we will try body work therapy via skype, such a relief not to have to use public transport for several hours.
we had the best nap ever.
things have been rather depressed lately, so I savor the good feelings.
just wish there was someone with me to share it with.
Dx: DID cPTSD
L (host 1); Asti (host 2); Annett (teen protector); Maya (child); Age (observer); Thamara (child); Danielle (aut. teen); Mike (caregiver) and others
Our blog on resources https://www.dis-sos.com
birdsong87
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:23 pm

Postby MakersDozn » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:15 pm

Congratulations on all your successes, L!

We did well last Friday afternoon but were triggered early evening. Triggered so badly that we were barely functioning for three days, until we managed to resolve the issue that triggered us.

This afternoon our T called to cancel because she had workers in her house. She repeated her usual promise that if we had an emergency, we could call her and she would make time this evening.

Our initial response was to say that we would wait until our next scheduled appointment on Wednesday evening. Fifteen minutes later we called her back and said we weren't doing well at all and needed to talk to her tonight. She agreed to call back.

If she'd been sick, we wouldn't have changed her mind. But she's not sick. If she said she can make time, she can make time.

MDs
Multiple self-dxed 1996. Body 58f. System of 47: 42 ♀, 5 ♂; 17 littles (7+under), 9 middles (8-11), 14 teens (12-17+), 5 bigs (18+up), + a formless yin/yang. Oldest member is 25.

Notable: Charity 25, Deborah 23, Drew 23f, Mary 23, Rachel 23, Laura 17.5, Allegra 17, Cass 17, shawn 16f.
MakersDozn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby TheGangsAllHere » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:42 pm

I'm glad you had a good day, L! It sounds like you have a lot to be proud of.

I'm sorry things were so rough for you MDs. Sounds like a good plan to make sure you get to see your T tonight. It's nice when you can count on someone meaning what they say and saying what they mean.

We're slowly getting better from our illness--still taking antibiotics. Definitely not at our usual energy level.

It was interesting to take a trip and do many things we haven't done in months: drive somewhere hours away, stay in a hotel, go hiking, eat outdoors at a couple of restaurants with two people not in our "household" (masks on when talking and only off while actually eating and drinking). The constant vigilance we need to have is tiring though--simple things like making sure no one gets on an elevator with us unless they're wearing a mask, or walks too close without one, etc.

Based on how well that trip went, we decided we could go see the husband's parents in a couple of months. With Covid tests right before going, and lots of precautions in place. We're really the only family members close enough to drive to see them, and flying still feels much too unsafe to us.
TheGangsAllHere
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:23 pm

Postby MakersDozn » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:34 am

We're glad that you're starting to feel better, Gang, and that you've enjoyed your trip.

Our T session was by phone this time. It turns out that she was at her vacation house (three hours away), not her regular home. It was the vacation house that was having work done all day. She wasn't equipped to Skype with us from there.

She also said that she thought she had mentioned where she was during her earlier call to us. We said that we didn't remember hearing this, and it would have made more sense if we'd known. We could have missed her saying this because we were already triggered at the time. But while she acknowledge this possibility, she also acknowledged that she may have forgotten to tell us she was at the other location.

All of this said, and regardless of what was said or not said and heard or not heard....We told her that we'd called her back because we did know that she hadn't cancelled because she was sick. If she'd cancelled because of illness, we wouldn't have called her back, even though she said that we could.

Short story long, the phone session went well, and we feel better now. We asked that between now and our next session on Wednesday, she think about other tools that we might use when the usual grounding techniques don't work.

MDs

MakersDozn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby ZodiacDragon » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:37 pm

Lots of exciting things have been hapening. We decided to tell two online friends of ours about the system. We were on the fence about it, then found out the previously had a friend who was a system (simply lost contact) so we decided to tell them. They've been very welcoming of everyone so far. One has met Akane, and both of them have met Anime.

We've also been considering if we want to give the system as a whole a name or not.

And Flair brought up the idea of having a seperate 'birthday' for them. I personally hate my birthday, and most of us don't care about it. But if a day for Flair will make them happy we'd like to figure something out for them.
-Alex
Alex: Host, Human, 23, FtM, Pan
Sarabi: Opossum, 21, F, Pan
Akane: Anthro wolfdog, 21, M, Pan
Saggita: Dragon, ???, M, Demi-Pan
Anime: Dragon, 2100+, Agender, Ace
Kuroneko: Human-nekomata mix, 945, M, Gay
Flair(NB)/Aki(F): Pegasus/Dragon mix, 2000+, Pan/Gay
ZodiacDragon
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby KalliopePS » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:33 pm

ZD, I am happy to hear that your friends are supportive and you are doing well.

We are OK. We are still working on system mapping. It feels daunting and confusing. We don't have a large system that we know of and I guess that helps but adding in daily journaling, and system communication it feels like a lot. The number of journals is growing.

Our S/O has added all the system parts to the Christmas list and in turn they will all give gifts as well. It was the S/O's idea. I don't know if others do similar things but it does feel validating and supportive of all of us, not just the alts most people assume is us.

We are wishing everyone a safe, fun, happy day.
Newly Dxed system. So many questions. Alts: Known who don't want to be named in public Three 2-3,5, Bastian 13,Lucy 16,24,27,30,31and several whose names are yet to be known.
KalliopePS
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

PreviousNext

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post