Our partner

How are you today thread (trigger warning)

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Johnny-Jack

Re: How are you today thread (trigger warning)

Postby BeccaBee » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:56 pm

when I went to PT last week, i didn't feel good. as soon as dude came to get me from reception he was like whoa!!! wtf? are you ok?

and I was all like I'm just tired let's do this. but he said I looked really bad and flushed and he made me lay down with a cold compress. he kept taking my blood pressure with an autocuff. and it got scary high and they tried to send me to the ER and I was like ###$ the ER. I'm just tired and I wanna go home.

so today I saw my PCP about the bood pressure and she wasnt as concerned about that as my PT. But she did get concerned about the tremors and said it sounded seizure like. especially the wave of relief and exhaustion once it's over. so she took some blood for labs again just cuz it's been a while and called my neurologist to consult. not my pain neurologist who gave me the neck block but my old dude at the actual neurology practice.

my PCP called me back amd said that they want me to do a 24 hrs ambulatory EEG. Did I explain I already had a 20 minute EEG in april? that was clear. so now they want the 24 hour one. okay fine. I'm all for the testing I need. but then she said they both agreed I should not be driving until I've had the test. but I dont think I've had a seizure. and I am only driving to work and back. that's it. because I get motion sick so easy. I dont drive at night or anything.

i just think it's a bit presumptive is all. but I really like my doctor and I want to be safe. but how will I get to work? cuz I know those bastards won't let me work remote.

I am definately not going to ride my kid in the car with me. but damn. I think I should be able to go to work. so I am going to ask the neurology office when they call about the whole driving thing.

I dont want to hurt anyone. but I think I can drive. and I think the tremors are just that. tremors. amd it pretty much only happens when I get really fatigued. actually it happened tonight. but I knew today was going to be a long day with work #######4 all over town so I arranged a ride. but it was still too much and the hot flushed sick thing happened again which means my blood pressure is shooting the ###$ up.

I am sick and ######6 tired of health problems.
Female, 39
Dx: DID, C-PTSD, TES

We are the Bees

The Rabbit Hole
BeccaBee
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:26 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Amythyst » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:50 am

Hi BeccaBee,

That sounds super stressful and annoying. Sorry you're going through that stuff again. :( I hope they get that stuff done quick and over with so you get the all clear.

V2

-- Thu 2019.08.22 04.51 --

Hi Gang,

We're thinking about you and hoping everything went ok yesterday.

V2
Ciara(10f); Em(22f); Teg(6f); Viola(17f); et cetera
Dx: DID; previously depression, bipolar.(New) Journey Thread
Amythyst
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby fireheart » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:22 am

Hi BeccaBee,

Ugh. Sorry you're still facing the health stuff.
When will you get the 24hr EEG? I hope it is soon and you can find out if there's something like seizures going on.

Hi Gang,
I also hope that it went OK. I know what it's like to be scared.
fireheart
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:26 pm

Postby Amythyst » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:04 pm

I feel like my mood has fallen off a cliff. Was ok like right after we woke up but its gone fast downhill since then. Sadness, loneliness, the usual stuff. :(

I dunno what set it off. Dunno if it's about stuff in the present, or feelings from the past. Or maybe some of both.

Having some ungood thoughts. :? Trying to stay ontop of it tho.

V2
Amythyst
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby MakersDozn » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:48 pm

Hi BeccaBee,

Wow, sorry you're dealing with all of this. But glad that your PCP is on top of it.

V2....sending good thoughts. Glad you're staying safe.

Us....really drained from the craptastic heat and humidity, among other things. :?

MDs
Body cis ♀ (1962). Realized 1996 that we're multiple. System of 47, all cis: 42 ♀, 5 ♂; 17 littles (0-7+), 9 middles (8-11+), 14 teens (12-17+), 5 bigs (18+), + formless yin/yang.

Notable: Charity 25 (oldest), Deborah 23, Drew 23f, Mary 23, Rachel 23, Laura 17.5, Allegra 17, Cass 17, shawn 16f.
Blog | Our Story | Journey
MakersDozn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby IainEtc » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:59 pm

Hi Bees,

I'm glad your doctor is taking this seriously. Tremors and stuff are kind of weird. Let us know what they find out ok? (unless it's like personal)

We did a 24 hour EKG and it wasn't bad or anything. Just had to keep the Littles from messing with the wires. They wanted to see what happened if they unplugged them or plugged them back in a different order. :roll:

Iain
Iain - 14, Colin - 17, Evan - 7, Cody - 16, Raven, & Host - the adult out front

When they say 'be yourself',
which one do they mean?
IainEtc
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby BeccaBee » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:02 pm

the good news: PCP escalated the $#%^ out of my neurology care. they are seeing me monday for review and care plan.

the bad news: neuro office told me not to drive suspected seizures. blah blah

the middle news: ###$ that. I am non compliant until I see PROOF that I am unable to drive because of seizures. I have no one to give me rides. it's only short distances. only during the day. and the motor features they are suspicious of are never accompanied by loss of awareness or consciousness.
Female, 39
Dx: DID, C-PTSD, TES

We are the Bees

The Rabbit Hole
BeccaBee
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Amythyst » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:47 pm

Hey thanks MDs!

V2 kept it together all morning, then woke me up about an hour ago or whatever so she could just sleep. Sometimes thats all it takes, like just some downtime or whatever, to get rid of the bad thoughts.

Iain that's great, playing with the wires lol.

*** trigger warning : medical stuff ***

Years back we got really sick & had to have IV meds for over a week, but we couldn't miss work so they hooked up these infusion pump thingies with all the tubes and stuff. It was a PITA and we couldn't stop messing with it either lol and figured out how it all worked and stuff.

Good thing tho, cos a few times the nurses were late or didn't bother to show up so we had to change the meds out and reset the pumps and stuff on our own. :|

*** end trigger warning ***

Bees that kinda sucks but I sorta think, noone knows your body and stuff as well as you do. OTOH stay safe tho yeah?

Viola
Amythyst
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby birdsong87 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:01 am

damn Bees, like what the hell
we are going to get some real testing for the $#%^ we have and nobody is going to back off before we know what it really is. we are kind of smart too. if it doesn't feel like seizures to you and you know what seizures feel like... don't let them mess with you. unless they pay you a driver, then totally go for the driver.
Dx: DID cPTSD
L (host 1); Asti (host 2); Annett (teen protector); Maya (child); Age (observer); Thamara (child); Danielle (aut. teen); Mike (caregiver) and others
Our blog on resources https://www.dis-sos.com
birdsong87
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:26 pm

Postby Amythyst » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:11 pm

Our day is off to a $#%^ start and I'm really grumpy. :x :x

First V2 didn't get much sleep the night before, so we were kinda sleepy and $#%^ last night. But one of our damn cats was a real pain in the @$$ all night long and wouldn't let me get sleep. :x I think I got like 2 or 3 hours tops last night. After like maybe 4 hours the night before?

So tired and grumpy I go to make tea and didn't realize there was some plastic or whatever on the stove. Didn't see it when I put the kettle on. So the whole house filled up with burning-plastic-smell. :x

So tired, headachey, dizzy, and I dunno if its from lack of sleep or breathing burnt plastic fumes, or both.

We did a bike ride, didn't go as far as usual, but I was hoping the fresh air would help. I dunno if it did or not, but its cold out.

Melissa was happy tho. She only saw 4 bunnies but we came round a corner and there was like 3 deer just standing there. One was practically standing on the trail, the other two next to it. So I was like "Holy $#%^! :shock: " cos they're big up close and Melissa was like "Deeeeer! :D "

Now we gotta do some work but I really don't feel like it. Thinking I might just skip work for today. :?

Viola
Amythyst
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

PreviousNext

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies