Our partner

How are you today thread (trigger warning)

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Violarules

Re: How are you today thread

Postby PinkiePie » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:13 pm

Journalgirl wrote:Hello again - another try at this. I am very foggy and read this thread but can't remember much of what it said ugh...

hope everyone is okay - sorry to the person struggling with self harm - glad you are writing in here - LLT hope you are better re the car incident xxoo

Spending the day with my 16 yo daughter...Hope I can keep my brain clear for that...

Have a good time with your girl! :D
we r the sum

map of system in our blog
PinkiePie
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:24 am
Blog: View Blog (5)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby lifelongthing » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:54 pm

I hope you're able to enjoy your day with your daughter Journalgirl :)

We personally are doing a lot better now and are back to calm & collected, thankfully :)
lifelongthing
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:24 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Luvmycats » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:07 am

Met with psychiatrist last week and thought - wow! I'm doing great! I'm hardly switching and everything has been so quiet internally. I actually thought this was major progress. Well, I was wrong! Things have been quiet because my host changed to my gatekeeper and hasn't let anyone out. Lots of ah ha moments today. All my alters were out babbling up a storm all at the same time driving me crazy. My system is smaller than some of yours. I have about 7 or 8 alters. But I just realized they were ALL out during session- sequentially. I didn't know that until now. Just when I think things are coming all together.... But I had a system shut down due to marital crisis and hence the change of host. Anyway, days of internal talking all over each other makes for an impossible day to get much accomplished. That is frustrating and I become inpatient. So that's how my day has been. Lots of attempts to do stuff but walking in circles and retracing steps due to the chattering.
Female 50, fully integrated. former DID diagnosis,PTSD, panic, and depression
Luvmycats
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:24 am

Postby SamsLand » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:20 am

luvmycats, I'm going in circles as well with a lot of rapid switching too. Not fun. I hope your tomorrow is better.
keep ya head up, Don't let up, keep slayin em
-eminem

not sure what the point was.
SamsLand
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (8)

Postby DID » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:04 am

I am just peachy!
DID
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby spanky_spee » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:48 am

Delightful!

We are starting to fall into a routine for work.

Which will hopefully carry us into completing are Education
in Goverment and Business studies.

And will hopefully try something new afterwards.

Hopefully psychology! :)

Hope others are good!! :)

Claureshia xoxoxo
Admin: Claureshia Host: Channelle Grace Teen: Purple Protector: Barry Helper: Chaz Ex-host: Nellie
The monster in human is inhumane- Angelspit
spanky_spee
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:24 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby lifelongthing » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:40 am

Luvmycats: I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you feel calmer and that it becomes a bit quieter inside soon :)

Glad to hear it DID :D

That's great Spanky_spee :) Wishing you the best of luck with everything :)
lifelongthing
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Teatime » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:52 am

Big win at the T's. Managed to be honest and explain the "subjective experience" of our System. Explained about Mara's fears and that we know we are not DID but nonetheless a System yada yada..
Explained about being unable to actually physically speak about some stuff in sessions when Mara feels it's unwise to mention things and read some notes from the others out (I could actually read them, didn't have to hand them over after all).
T was really pleased, we were really pleased too (At the end of the session she asked if everything that we needed to be said had been expressed and I said yes and somebody else gave a thumbs up.. and T gave a thumbs up right back LOL).
So yeah, pretty neat.

Got body awareness homework to do this week ;)

Mara has been far in the background, can't feel her at all most the time. I hope she is okay, but you know, time will tell.

Hey Isaka & Co,
not sure if this might be useful, but when one of us needs to be auto-aggressive (or aggressive to one of the Others) we try and keep damage down. So, if we can't avoid it at all, we try to divert it to something not physically damaging. Get some icecubes and hold them in your hand until it really hurts for instance.

Just an idea for when it's unavoidable. but then I know it's hard to even notice until it's too late sometimes and other times the need is just too strong to divert to something else.

Sorry to hear it's been hard. Hope you and your guys feel better soon!
I'm Mr. Meeseeks - Look at me!
Teatime
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby lifelongthing » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:57 pm

Today is back to normal and we are functional, relatively upbeat (just hormonal too :roll: ) and quite efficient with what needs to be done with the move.

We got a reply from our friend today and she wrote beautiful, kind words to the part that really needed it, and the triggers that came up have now passed and the alter at hand is back to her usual self :)

Might be going to the cinema later. Little L will be going with the SO to watch a movie and spend some time together :) Will probably be very nice :)

That's great progress Teatime, thank you for sharing that :D That's lots you've been able to say and that's definitely a big step to take :) Proud of you all :)
lifelongthing
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Luvmycats » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:08 pm

Thank you for the kind words. Today is going better so far. I hope everyone else has a good day :D
Female 50, fully integrated. former DID diagnosis,PTSD, panic, and depression
Luvmycats
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

PreviousNext

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post