Our partner

Dissociative Fugue case in Colorado

Dissociative Fugue message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Dissociative Fugue case in Colorado

Postby chickadee » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:05 pm

There's a guy they recently found with dissociative fugue... he was missing for a month, and when he wandered into a hospital, all he had was $8 in his pocket. His family came forward after he was put on television, but he still can't remember who he is/was and what happened before and while he was missing. He doesn't even know what he likes to eat for breakfast.

It was a scary but interesting story on World News Tonight... here's a link: http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=2596305&page=1

The shrink they interviewed said it could happen to anyone. Yikes. :shock: Anyone else see the newscast?
nosce te ipsum

P.S. I'm not a shrink.
chickadee
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:28 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Zander » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:58 pm

haha i saw that on tv last night
Zander
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:28 am

too much.....

Postby Deadseason » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:02 am

ok.....i just posted about my col. exper. in DID. BEFORE i saw this, my sister lives there, and i woke up there after spending 600 bucks on airfare......and no idea how the hll i got there.

I aint lookin at this news thing.

If it's ME on there........ok. logging out, panic.

oh, and you KNOW i won't sleep till i nail a dx on this if it's real, and i am tending to think it's possible. Do you know i literally had one of those heartstopper panic attacks upon clicking this post. I don't need or want to know i suspect........not taking this scary arsed invest. a min. further till my heart stops skipping.......i baselined at a buck twenty on the ecg last month. You ever had 120 heartrate........it makes you think yer having a stroke. And my bp is right in stroke country. consider me scared.
Drink 'till yer blind
Live like your'e dying
Fear Nothing
Drive it like you stole it
Deadseason
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Postby clubJWP » Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:56 pm

I have been disabled for many years with spinal problems. For most periods of recovery from treatment or surgery all I could do was watch TV. I began to notice news segments about people who had suddenly disappeared and were found hundreds of miles away. Sometimes they had died under strange circumstances. In one case there were gas charge tickets that described a wandering course to a road in the wilderness. The car was parked and abandoned. Ground searches of the remote area only found a single item of clothing. There was nothing to explain what had happened.
As the stories happened again, and again I realized that I might be the only person who thought that the stories were somehow connected. Dissociative Fugue is the name of that connection.

JWP
----------------
Addiction Recovery Colorado
clubJWP
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Re: Dissociative Fugue case in Colorado

Postby sarah7 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:32 am

Very interesting indeed!
sarah7
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Re: Dissociative Fugue case in Colorado

Postby OMNICELL » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:07 am

Ive had such similar things of memories problems do to dissociative problems that dissociative Fugue seem normal to me... Although Ive never had it like this... Ive had smaller experiences. Nothing new to those that have lived with PTSD sponge brains for most of their lives...
Dissociative Disorder
CPTSD
AVPD; Social avoidance
Previous/Psychotic clinical Depression
agoraphobia
obsessive/compulsive disorder
Evolution didn't stop my death, God did .....Now what?
OMNICELL
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:28 am
Blog: View Blog (1109)

Return to Dissociative Fugue Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post