Our partner

Could this have been a Dissociative Fugue?

Dissociative Fugue message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Could this have been a Dissociative Fugue?

Postby Clouddog » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:38 pm

I was in hospital with Schizophrenia, i had a command to 'go now, go'

i walked out in with no shoes or underwear as i was, I hitched 100 miles, I knew i was from plymouth i knew i was from the hospital and where my mum lived. I knew my sister had died hitching on the same road, but that's it. I felt i was doing it in her memory. I made up a whole life, personality, habits. was safe only by chance , shouted at people in the streets and was really crazy so i don't know if i was a crazy malingerer or having a fugue after 2 days i lost time and woke up in front of a shop in the dark. i got a taxi and gave them my new name, until they found out there was no such person. then i gave my real name.

does knowing some minor details about your real life discount fugue?

does it sound like I just forgot where i was and dropped asleep? I lost at least 8 hours

edit
I do sleepwalk, and have woken up in different places around the house, eating once, on the floor in the other room, head in hands sitting cross legged but i don't know if that has anything to do with it
Clouddog
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:02 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Could this have been a Dissociative Fugue?

Postby czarina83 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:14 pm

Hi,

let me see If I get it. You came up with this whole new life plot, but do you have any recollection of you speaking about this whole new life?
czarina83
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:02 pm

Re: Could this have been a Dissociative Fugue?

Postby Thanna » Fri May 31, 2019 4:32 pm

Hi, yes i remember talking about my 2 kids and husband who was back at the holiday park with 2 boys, 5 and 7 or 7 and 9.
and that husband became abusive and i was leaving him and out getting some air. I knew i had to go back.
He was shouting and i just left

the only thing that makes me think this could be part of a huge state is having no memory of 10 - 16 is hours of time a little later that day
Thanna
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:02 pm

Return to Dissociative Fugue Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post