Our partner

I Want Jeanette Back

Dissociative Disorder NOS message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Re: I Want Jeanette Back

Postby FrayedEndOfSanity » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:25 am

Hmmm...I honestly don't know where to go from here. Part of me wants to say, "Grieve her loss and move on." Part of me sees her as still necessary to your well-being, your expression (and feeling!) of emotions, coping with trauma, interacting with other people...

I'm not sure what to say other than perhaps there are issues for which you would benefit from counseling other than missing Jeanette. I can give you my opinion, but it won't be a "professional" one. I'm thinking that there are a lot of unresolved issues from which you still suffer.

Is there a possibility of scheduling a session with a therapist with you AND Jeanette? And by "therapist" I mean someone who understands that she is basically your own suppressed voice?
Do not take my advice before talking to your doctor/counselor/other professional. Depending on where you live, you may be able to find free, confidential care. Most importantly, sometimes your shrink can be wrong. Get a second opinion.
FrayedEndOfSanity
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:07 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: I Want Jeanette Back

Postby Arik » Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:34 pm

In 2010, I began experiencing nightmares and, for the first time, I felt the pain of grief. I did not know it would feel like physical pain in my chest. After all, isn't the purpose of disassociation to protect the host from all that?

That year or the following, I went back to my psychologist because of the pain and nightmares. While I was there, I asked him if Jeanette and I had merged, and he said I experienced a partial merger.

Jeanette is still active in two Internet forums. However, it feels like I'm writing for her. However, I felt there was a change when I moved from the big city where I grew up to the back roads halfway across the country. It felt like the only thing she had left, life in the big city, was taken away from her.
Arik
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:07 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Previous

Return to Dissociative Disorder NOS Forum