Our partner

Told I may have something like this...

Dissociative Disorder NOS message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Told I may have something like this...

Postby aprilflowers » Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:57 am

Please let me know if I should post this somewhere else, as I haven't been officially diagnosed with anything as of yet. I was recently told I may have some sort of dissociative issue and I just needed some support because it is a bit scary.

I was basically told by my psychologist that I may have different "states" or parts of me that act different and am dissociated from, and that there is a possibility they are very distinct and that I'll have to learn how to communicate with and work with them. I feel kind of silly and like I'm just making it all up even though I do have a lot of symptoms, and it's just a sort of scary thing that's easy to go into denial about.

I'm not asking for anyone to diagnose me, and I'm not self-diagnosing, I'm just looking for some support through the process of working with my psychologist until she figures out exactly what's going on!
aprilflowers
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:58 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Told I may have something like this...

Postby Amythyst » Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:40 am

hi aprilflowers!

welcome to the forums. sounds like you're in the right place, tho the DID forum is more active & they arent picky about did/ddnos/osdd cos they're all kinda the same & get treated the same

were glad you got a good psychologist thats working with you on this stuff

& dont worry abt feeling silly or feeling like its kinda made-up. thats pretty common imho
you're right abt denial too, that comes up alot
Ciara(10f); Em(22f); Teg(6f); Viola(17f); et cetera
Dx: DID; previously depression, bipolar.(New) Journey Thread
Amythyst
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby aprilflowers » Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:28 pm

Thank you, I really appreciate the welcome! Thanks so much for your kind words, I was a bit nervous about posting because I've never really opened up about my symptoms except to therapists so it means a lot.
aprilflowers
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby Snaga » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:44 am

Hello and welcome! You're in very good company, here!

Tell someone you love them today, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also terrifying and confusing.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:58 pm

Postby TheGangsAllHere » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:59 am

Welcome, aprilflowers!

As Amythyst said, the DID forum is the only one that's very active, and it's totally ok for you to post there for support, advice, information, etc. There are some very knowledgeable long-time posters, and it's a very accepting place.

You're very lucky to have a psychologist who knows something about dissociative disorders, and they're right that learning to communicate and get along with other parts is very important.

--the Gang
TheGangsAllHere
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:58 pm

Postby Snaga » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:14 am

Some mod I am- I totally didn't realise this was DDNOS. Yes sometimes folks post here but there's a lot of overlap and it's perfectly okay to post in the DID forum, definitely.

Tell someone you love them today, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also terrifying and confusing.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Postby aprilflowers » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:12 pm

Thanks for letting me know! Because I don't have any sort of official diagnosis I was scared to post in that forum for some reason (I felt like DDNOS would be okay because that's a range of different symptoms, I'm not really sure) and I didn't want to make it seem like I was assuming a diagnosis.

Also, thanks again for how kind everyone is. It's been quite scary to go through the process of acknowledging my dissociative symptoms and I was nervous to post about it, so it genuinely means a lot.
aprilflowers
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby Snaga » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:32 pm

Join the 'self doubt club'- I doubt myself all the time. Especially when things are quiet and I'm not noticeably acting weirder than my baseline strange.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Snaga
Site Admin

Return to Dissociative Disorder NOS Forum