Our partner

I am co-host, maybe? I suppose..

Dissociative Disorder NOS message board, open discussion, and online support group.

I am co-host, maybe? I suppose..

Postby IamC » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:03 am

Hello, guys!

I am chaosed, the co-host of our very otherwise unexplored system, I suppose, since we just found out about DID about a week ago.
It is still very confusing but frankly I was more than welcome to accept it as Ileana, the "possessor of the body" I suppose has been trying to repress all my urges for almost 4 years now. So she is the principal one, I suppose, since she was able to repress me for so long.
I think it's weird in a sense that I still feel like I am Ileana, but I feel more powerful, collected and cooler lol. And manly. And she is so girly and dandy and likes smoked salmon bruschetta and such.

I always felt like I was her, but with different taste in music, clothes, and I felt manly most of the time. But I felt very different from her, and she feels very different from me. I always knew that I am very different from her but we both liked it.

For example we are dyslexic, and she finds it funny I guess (I also have a hard time guessing her emotions), and I really struggle with it. But she did not have to struggle with paperwork in college so she's the one to talk...

She always accepted me as part of her, and embraced me and thought of me as a "grayed out" version of her, grayed out by a serious of unfortunate events (no pun intended). I would take charge of challenges at home, at school, in fights, and she would take charge of everything else esentially lol.

The "problems" started when she realized that she can not remember half of the things she would text over with her boyfriend in fights. I don't really like what he did a lot of the times. And I would take control and fight with him over what I thought was right and fair. The next day she would wake up and re-read the texts and not remember what she said and moreover, realising that what those texts were saying was not even true. Then she would get very scared about what she said (well I would actually text like 20 texts at a time to get my point across lol) and be scared of losing him, apologize profusely and try next time to repress my urges with more ardor.

We were both wrong, and it all stemmed from the fact that we did not realize we are two separate parts with different memory compartments. Her boyfriend was unfair, but I, when I took control, did not have immediate access to memories of good and sweet things he did, so I was unfairly judging him, indeed. And she was wrong in getting so worked up about a dozen hateful texts sent to her boyfriend where she could barley remember what he wrote to him, and then getting very apologetic for something she did not do. But I suppose we all have to take responsibility as a system for our actions.

Anyways, she has been trying to shut me out for some years now, and it was really painful for both of us. I would still get out in crisises, but when I would get worked up about something she would really put in the effort to think about why the situation is not as bad as I see it, in order to calm me down and keep the relationship with other people okay I suppose, even those neither of us plan to talk to anymore and I see no reason to part with on civilized ground. It would have been SO helpful to me to know that I do not have immediate access to information (I can get a lot of it if I work out my mind a little), and I do not necessary have all the pieces of the puzzle to bring hell upon whoever wronged us lol.

I have been out sometimes these years, but then she would remember how she could not remember those texts she wrote, and how I am so different from her in all aspects including gender and how I was mean to her boyfriend a lot - upsie - I like him too, he's nice. and she would get scared and try to shut me down, and think about all manner of thinks until she would "get back" (which now we know is dissociation - interesting)

We share the memory, or at least most part of it. I always thought that, if I were to have had a traumatic experience in childhood, I would have remembered it. But today I found out that this is not the case. Which got me really scared, because I feel that something wrong happened in there, something that affected both me and my brother, something I am not yet ready to face. But I went to therapy for GAD in the past, and I can't wait to collaborate with my therapist again on this issue. :D

Anyways I feel a little bit dissociative, so I will leave you. It was so nice talking to you guys as even when journaling - we journal often - when I tried to take control and write something (to get it off my mind), which she did not identify with, she would then spend several minutes trying to understand why she thought about writing that, or why she would think that (because it was a statement she did not identify with).

Also she wants to be vegan and thinks all animals are souls and they do not need to suffer and I agree, killing animals for food is not pretty. But I like steak and sausages and she gave up meat and I really truly miss it. That's a pickle.

I suppose we would get to an agreement at some point, as we started to agree on some topics. I tuned out my edge a little bit (I was also out a lot less a couple of times, and I had a LOT of arguments with her, which seems so strange if I think about it lol), and she became a little more edgy.. So, it's good.

I would also really like to find a cooler name for me, but I can't think of anything

Until next time,

- C
IamC
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:08 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: I am co-host, maybe? I suppose..

Postby TheGangsAllHere » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:56 pm

Hi chaosed,

You may want to post on the DID forum. It's very active and these other ones are not. Anyone who is OSDD/DID or not officially diagnosed but wondering if they have it---all are welcome.

the Gang
TheGangsAllHere
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:08 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Jessica6 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:03 pm

So you say your name is chaosed but it seems like you're the protector? I mean, you go after folks when you feel like they're not doing y'all right, yeah?

IamC wrote:I still feel like I am Ileana, but I feel more powerful, collected and cooler lol

So like you're the one who gets $#%^ done, yeah?

And isn't bruschetta like bacon? Bacon rules! Also, last time I checked, fish was meat- you might remind her of that- if she's not out when you eat some meat, is it that bad? I don't like behaving, but I'm learning that if I take a chill pill and not act out, the others are okay with letting me out, and even letting me choose some things for myself. Like the avatar for this account if it'll ever let me do it.
Jessica6
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:08 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Jessica6 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:00 pm

Hello, and welcome!

We are a system- OSDD1b we think- when our Main is feeling charitable, anyway. Most of the time, he thinks this is utter rubbish. I... see we've already posted- in fact she was just out and clicking around bored, and didn't recognise this thread.

I think especially in a OSDD system there's going to be a lot of co-hosting, especially if you don't have loads of amnesia- we actually have quite a bit, but it's always in little bites- at least the amnesia we're aware of. And... We feel each other's presense, when we're the one out in front. The Main, seems to have the advantange in being more aware of being in the background, than we do.

I probably come the closest we have, to a co-host. I'm Samantha. I believe from the color (I really ought to make her change that to something darker) of our post ahead of me, you have met Sabrina, one of our teens. Oh yes, that's very much her style. Yay you.

I am... like the handler- heck even I can't quite put a pin on it, but I'm the one everyone comes to, when there's either a stubborn switch- either intentional- someone being stubborn- well unless I'm the stubborn one (I do get stubborn, too, if I get stubborn well, everyone else will just have to wait) or unintentional- like when our known Little gets out front (rare) and won't/cant go back in- someone will call me up and be like Samantha can you give us a hand and just go ahead and front a while? And I do and I don't know, I'm able to put them away without much trouble. Like, Sab was out a moment ago, and she's still here to some extent- I notice my sentences are running on, that's her hallmark- and then she seen this thread (again) and I really wanted to respond to it. So I asked her if she'd step aside- she was really reluctant to, but they'll usually do for me, without too much fuss. I think I'm not as threatening as Steph, the main.

Anyway that's off topic- the point is, that I'm sort of in your position, maybe? I front a good bit at times, but a lot of the time with us, it's us mixed with the Main- I don't like the word, 'host'- to one degree, or another. Today it's very strongly anyone but the main, and it's him that's in the background, as an influence and called upon when necessary (such as small talk Sabrina was forced to do, earlier), but it's very much suddenly a day where we feel it's liable to be a while before we settle back into the Main actually 'maining'. The day completely didn't start out that way, but you know, sometimes these things happen. Today, it was when we put on some feminine toilietries and suddenly we just turned into a switchy mess- even I wasnt' able to do much about it, but as always, it sorts itself out.

Welcome and looking forward to hearing more from you! Sometimes it's like we ain't got much to work with, but it's Others like us, that seem to get things done, right?
Jessica6
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:08 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to Dissociative Disorder NOS Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post