Our partner

Childhood Movies/ Stuffed Animals/ Toys

Dissociative Disorder NOS message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Childhood Movies/ Stuffed Animals/ Toys

Postby Yxxor » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:55 pm

I sometimes feel like I actually went inside certain cartoons or stuffed animals or a toy to dissociate..... does anyone else feel they did this? Its like I used my alters and also things I was surrounded by. I got lost in the wallpaper that had animals on it.. I would BE them. Maggie (alter age 5) drew a picture that said "Im a weird potato" I think maybe I jumped into a Mr potato head toy. like I went out of my body to merge with something...

~*~*~* 2nd question for fun~~~
What were some of your favorite toys, cartoons and toys? I was an 80s kid so Rainbow Brite and My little pony and the get along gang were things I watched and Eurekas Castle! The twins and Maggie are getting giggly now. I had this kitty waterful where you had to press the buttons and you tried to get the kittens in the little see saw it was so super fun! I want one now, I want to go play. I want to go outside and get my hands dirty in the garden and then make mud pies.
Yxxor
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Childhood Movies/ Stuffed Animals/ Toys

Postby KitMcDaydream » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:45 am

I was an 80's kid too (11+) I loved my Tomahawk bike, my rollar boots (old style with 4 wheels not the inline ones). I remember having a sindy doll with horse. I loved my 'walkman' I liked video games we had the ZX81 back then, then the first Nintendo. Think I'd owned most games consoles apart from the Sega Saturn but lost interest after the original playstation when games seem to become bigger and more complicated than the 2D side scrolling or top down type of adventure games. Never got into X box and playstation4 etc but did as an adult buy the wii fit for physio exercises after physical health difficulties in my 30's. I still do them on the newer Wii Fit U after my original console broke. (now also got the Nintendo Switch and got back into Zelda, though it was bought for a boxing game to use as physio!) But apparently games with 3D worlds are good for the parts of your brain that prevent Alzheimers, develops the 'mapping' part of your brain or something and keeps it active preventing onset of dementia.so that's my excuse for still playing on Zelda!! :D :D

I also preferred teddies to dolls and went through phases of collecting things ie panda's, dolphins etc I still like teddies and still have some. I like the 'Tatty Teddy' ones at the minute as well as ones that resemble dogs. Dogs are my adult passion but I just moved onto real ones instead of just collecting stuffed ones!
KitMcDaydream
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:20 pm

Postby Yxxor » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:48 pm

I still play Zelda too! And theres so many things from childhood Im still drawn too... It pleases Maggie and Samantha the most
Yxxor
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:20 pm

Postby KitMcDaydream » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:53 am

We're trying to move back into colouring/sketching as it was something that was enjoyed by more than one alter and is also good for developing and keeping fine motor skills.

Family got us a lovely colouring book for xmas and some new pencils and gel pens and we haven't even used them ye! There still piled on the table where they were left when got home xmas day! Also when doing a sort out, found a 'workbook' someone had bought at some point to work through and develop sketching skills, again that's never been started!

so now Kit's reached the stage she's getting frustrated with Zelda (very near end of game, some dungeons/shrines are beyond her current fine motor control skills) we might get a break from it and manage to convince her she needs to try something else to develop her fine motor co-ordination further then go back to them! (it's been played for several hours everyday since just before xmas and some of us are getting a little bored with it now!) :shock: :roll: :lol:
KitMcDaydream
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:20 pm

Return to Dissociative Disorder NOS Forum