Our partner

Introduce your OSDD System!

Dissociative Disorder NOS message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Introduce your OSDD System!

Postby videndas » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:52 pm

I haven't seen an introduction topic here so I guess I'll start one?
The alter typing now is Day. I'm the host and about 19 years old (not the age of the body). Pleasure to make your acquaintance. :mrgreen:
My system has another host who will likely be posting here as well, as well as two protectors, two children, and one persecutor. Only two of the alters are non-human (the protectors), and we all have early-onset schizophrenia (or paranoid schizophrenia? I don't know, some are older than me).
I'll probably have a lot of questions because I was diagnosed very recently, but it's nice to meet you guys! :D
videndas
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Mon May 10, 2021 3:52 am
Blog: View Blog (11)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Introduce your OSDD System!

Postby janebronte » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:19 pm

I can't believe they have a forum for DDNOS, this is amazing.
My name is Jane, I am the host and a fictional introject. My system has one protector, a child/trauma holder, and a persecutor. It's a pleasure!
janebronte
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon May 10, 2021 8:52 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby ShellyBella » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:08 pm

HI I'm Michele. I think I'm the Host. Im aware of ten others so far. I don't know all of the terminology yet, but Shelly, she's like 3-4, is taking over more than ever. Maybe because I've recently realized that I have a real condition (DDNOS), and not just mood swings, depression, and anxiety, so I'm able to recognize her and the others as alters now, and am slowly getting to know them...some o them. I'm so glad to have found this forum. I feel SO less alone.
Body Age 54f
Michele (Host) 54f
Shelly (Original) 3f
Boy (Protector) 12
Hippie Girl 15f
Serahn 8f
Bobbi 19f
Responsible 27f
Confusion 30f
Bella 40f
Apathy 60f
The Angry
Death m
ShellyBella
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon May 10, 2021 4:52 am

Postby Snaga » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:04 pm

Hey- I've posted once or twice in DID, but after reading a bit online, I'm thinking OSDD, now- the lines are a bit blurry between alters:

Me- the Host, male, our physical age (older)

Samantha (get used to the S names), our primary Alt- she sometimes fronts. Samantha seems to be further broken up into several distinct components:

Samantha (obviously)- early 30s female with a well-defined self-image. She is a protector of sorts- I hand certain things off to her to help us de-stress, she doesn't care nearly as much as I do about things, is more carefree AND more sensible. She has a potty-mouth.

Sabrina- 14(ish) female- she fits somewhere in with Samantha in tossing memories we don't wish to deal with, back and forth, keeping them from me... since this is a OSDD situation (as far as I know, but if I had amnesia, would I necessarily know it?) I think they go thru some pretty complicated gymnastics. Sabrina has fronted a time or two, with bad results, and me and Samantha try to keep that from happening. Sabrina is a bit wild, and unpredictable, and terribly irresponsible when fronting.

Serena.... this is a newly discovered one- Female and the best way to describe it, is she's an 'old soul' who is young- it's as if she's still early twenties, but she was 18 in 1967- that's the impression I've gotten and it makes no sense- that's a good bit older than me, the host, if that is extrapolated to the Now. It's like she's older, but not.

Sam, Sabrina, and Serena are interconnected with each other, more than I am with them- it's like when Sam fronts, one of them will oftentimes 'piggyback' on Sam. Almost like alts of an alt, but that's not quite right, either. Just that they're less defined than the main, 'Sam'. If personalities could be viewed as folders, perhaps Sabrina and Serena are subfolders? Not sure how they feel about that- Sam is upset enough she doesn't have a body- when we contemplated OSDD rather than full DID, Samantha was downright upset at the idea of not being a completely independent alter.

Finally there's an unnamed, largely unknown male alter- who speaks gibberish and seems to have some important, yet secret (from me) role.

Anyway there- there's my self-perceived silliness laid bare. I often self-doubt, and am not dogmatic in the existence, or the denial of, my alts. I just take things as face value and retain an open mind. I've no clear idea why I should have alts, except my life has historically been very anxious and at various points I can see why there might be cause for some DD to go on.

Tell someone you love them today, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also terrifying and confusing.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Mon May 10, 2021 2:52 am

Postby Truly_happy » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:56 pm

Thanks for starting this, Videndas.

Hi! We are the Neighborhood System. :)

Daily, we function like an OSDD 1b system, having co-consciousness and lacking amnesia. Then again, hidden memories from the past make us DID. Whatever! We love to talk to other systems no matter what the DSM-V says. :)

Anyway, I can't actually introduce everyone because we've discovered over 100 people in our system and only know a few people well. Those are the ones who front, and their names and demographics are listed in our signature. Notice how we don't have a host, just "life managers" and (what we call) "responsible adults" . They tackle the big stuff in life like talking to our manager at work and scheduling doctor appointments. The rest just have fun, but I can do both. :)

I'm Cullen and I'm practically a fixture in the front. I just love life. My age and sex don't match the body, but we all soldier on despite internal-external differences. :)

Maybe some other time people in my system will introduce themselves. Thanks!

- Cullen
We are the Neighborhood.
Hosts:
Imre ("EEM-ruh") - male, 20s, compassionate
Cullen - male, 13, loves life
Marcella - female, 30s, visionary
Pip - male, 12, brave

Threads | Journal
Truly_happy
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Hyuukichan123 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:44 am

Hello everyone I'm pretty new to this whole OSDD thing and id like to introduce who I have discover so far.i don't know their ages yet but I have their names mostly I think. First things first Hi! I'm the Host My name Is Maria! I have a minor case of bipolar disorder. At first I thought I had skitsoeffective disorder because I was hearing voices in my head :( but I now realize that I have DDNOS. I did some research online as to what it possibly could be and this seemed to fit the best of what I'm going through. Any who time to introduce you to my System. These arent in any special order:
Hei
Sapphire
Penelope
George
Gregory or greg for short
Stephanie or Steph for short
Fred

There may be more that havent identified themselves yet but this is what i have down so far. I'm very lonely and need people to talk to so if anyone wants to private message me don't hesitate to send a dm. :D
Host
Arthur- 23

Alters

Stephanie
George
Greg
Penelope
Simon
Candice
Sebastian
Sapphire
Rose
Ysabelle
Sabrina
Thomas
Raven
Hyuukichan123
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby MellonCollie » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:13 pm

I go by AJ, I'm 27, female. I'm the host.
As far as I know, the only other headmate/alter I have is Max. He's 25.
I'm just kind of finding out that he's been around for a while and that he's sort of been a protector. He kind of helps keeps things balanced and helps a lot with processing things.
There are times that he "leads" and I (AJ) will follow. He'll catch things at times when I've kind of dissociate. He kind of blocks trauma and helps me re-direct my head when I get into stressful, traumatic or territories that are just a bummer in general.
We're the Rogues Gallery
AJ (F - Host)
Max (M - TFP)
Aiden (M - Protector)
Logan (M - Persecutor)
Shayne (F - Protector)
Fawn (F - Inner World Caretaker)
MellonCollie
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Postby Snaga » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:56 pm

I saw your introduction post where you decided on a gender, AJ.... do you feel as if Max influences your own sense of gender? Or is partly shaped by a sense of being not all 'girl'?

We ask because we wonder that about ourselves, with no clear answer on that. is Samantha (I'd quite forgotten we'd made a post in this thread) a result of feeling nonbinary? Or was she there all along and caused me (the host) to feel that way? Not sure she knows, either- since we're probably more OSDD than DID, and 'I' don't quite completely go away, the others are quite good at shuffling things around in the background from one to another, to keep them hidden. At least, that's what they claim.

We've known one other like us that we've corresponded with here, whose main alt is not the same gender as the host, and it's a strong component, almost a personalisation of gender dysphoria. So we have sort of glommed onto the tone of your introduction and description of Max :oops:

Tell someone you love them today, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also terrifying and confusing.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Postby MellonCollie » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:16 pm

There are days where gender is more of a nagging thing and something that I just don't wanna mess with. I don't know if genderfluid/non-binary ever fits, but I do know that I've always been a really masculine girl.

I don't know how much of that fed into how Max took shape but, ever since I was little, I kind of felt like there was a half of me that was a boy (a possible twin or something) that I wondered about. EMDR has really helped me track down his pieces and realize just how long he's actually been around.
We're the Rogues Gallery
AJ (F - Host)
Max (M - TFP)
Aiden (M - Protector)
Logan (M - Persecutor)
Shayne (F - Protector)
Fawn (F - Inner World Caretaker)
MellonCollie
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Postby RedHound » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:10 pm

MellonCollie wrote:There are days where gender is more of a nagging thing and something that I just don't wanna mess with. I don't know if genderfluid/non-binary ever fits, but I do know that I've always been a really masculine girl.

I don't know how much of that fed into how Max took shape but, ever since I was little, I kind of felt like there was a half of me that was a boy (a possible twin or something) that I wondered about. EMDR has really helped me track down his pieces and realize just how long he's actually been around.

I'm in a similar boat; I've recently tried on the non-binary label, but I can't tell how much of my gender fluid feelings are due to the others influence and how much is me. Az is strongly male though and has a lot of dysphoria with our female body. Because I'm still struggling to get to know the others (Az insists I'm not ready yet, and he's probably right) I can't say much more, but I do know there's at least one very female alter to throw off an otherwise masculine leaning. She's rarely out (fronting), but has taken over in past years to fill out closet with sundresses and replenish the make-up most of us never use.

I grew up with a similar feeling - the missing twin/male half. I think finding and embarrassing Az is what finally stopped that struggle (for the most part), but it's still hard to pin down who is what and what that makes me. I'm basically just a collage created to front, so who knows.
Host: "Q" age: 32 *not the original
Azrael "Az" age: 17 (can age slid up)

We're still getting to know the others; limited internal communication and years of suppressing/ignoring them has made this difficult.
RedHound
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon May 10, 2021 12:52 am

Next

Return to Dissociative Disorder NOS Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post