Our partner

Dissociative disorder and psychedelics

Dissociative Amnesia message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Dissociative disorder and psychedelics

Postby silent187 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:50 pm

Has anyone with moderate - extreme dissociate disorder tried any psychedelics?

I recently resorted to LSD in hopes of helping me with mental guidance such as who i am and why i live the way i do mentally and such. I was hoping for a mind ###$ or ego death that would help guide me.
I took a heavy dose over 350 mics and i didnt even trip, maybe another part of my brain experienced the LSD. but once the effects wore off i was left with permanent symptoms from disorder called hallucinogen persisting perception disorder. basically gave me brain damage in visual cortex.

Im wondering if anyones tried anything that resulted positively.

my mind is a $#%^ storm and i have to smoke it numb every day. nothing makes sense i just want my confusion fixed
silent187
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:49 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Dissociative disorder and psychedelics

Postby salted lipstick » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:43 pm

Have you tried therapy? That might be a slightly more conventional approach.

Psychedelics are illegal in my country, I'm not sure about yours. Generally if a regulatory body has made something illegal due it being unsafe, it's better to go with something that's considered safe and effective instead.
In a way, I am not defined by my dissociation. In a way, I am.

FORMER admin moderator. For current list please see: forum rules and list of active mods
salted lipstick
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:19 pm

Re: Dissociative disorder and psychedelics

Postby NeikoMeeks » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:12 pm

silent187 wrote:Has anyone with moderate - extreme dissociate disorder tried any psychedelics?

I recently resorted to LSD in hopes of helping me with mental guidance such as who i am and why i live the way i do mentally and such. I was hoping for a mind ###$ or ego death that would help guide me.
I took a heavy dose over 350 mics and i didnt even trip, maybe another part of my brain experienced the LSD. but once the effects wore off i was left with permanent symptoms from disorder called hallucinogen persisting perception disorder. basically gave me brain damage in visual cortex.

Im wondering if anyones tried anything that resulted positively.

my mind is a $#%^ storm and i have to smoke it numb every day. nothing makes sense i just want my confusion fixed

I have, and I find that magic mushrooms are best because of the psycolbin being a natural anxiety reliever (you can research this on google but if youd like some articles I can refer you to some :) )

I have tried MDMA, Marijuana, LSD, magic mushrooms... I havent ever come out of a trip without more understanding of myself and my inner world. This said be aware of your laws where you live, these substances are illegal in most places... especially the USA. If you do purchase illegally please purchase a test kit from a head shop and test your product, it takes a very minuscule amount to test and this will insure you dont get sick or have a bad trip due to something being laced with something you were unaware of.

I dont recommend doing any psychedelics (aside from marijuana) without a "trip sitter" ... someone who is either on a lower dose than you or sober but are experienced with the substance you choose. This person is handy because theyve tripped usually many times before and they should be able to help you grow through your trip, redirect you to different activities as needed, and keep you physically safe (some folks do things that are dangerous while on a trip without realizing it. This is much less common than media has everyone believing though.)

Always,
Myles
System Name : Miykal-Li

Dxs : Agoraphobia, BPD, CPTSD, GAD, GID, MDD, OCD, SAD, Unspecified Psychosis

Others :: Myles (protector)
Jessie (administrative)
Sir/Sr (disciplinarian)
Meeks (little), Neiko (little),
Nicholas (middle), Nichole (middle)
(+6 others that aren't comfortable being named here.)
NeikoMeeks
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:49 am

Return to Dissociative Amnesia Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post