Our partner

I would tell you...but I forgot. AGAIN!!!

Dissociative Amnesia message board, open discussion, and online support group.

I would tell you...but I forgot. AGAIN!!!

Postby Mrsderby0624 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:16 am

Apparently I am missing time, I guess. I only know that people will mention something I did, that I have no memory of doing. Even when they give me details I still can't remember. I had a Dr. apt where the Dr. gave me instructions. (or so I am told) At my next appointment he referred to the previous appointment and I kind of looked at him with a blank face. I actually argued with him that I had not been there. This *gol durned* stuff happens all the time. The thing is, I have no feeling or awareness that any time is missed. I am completely unaware that anything is amiss until something is mentioned. It is really starting to disrupt my life. It has not been going on very long (that I know of). I have bipolar, PTSD, Anxiety, Conversion disorder, social phobia, agoraphobia... No one has ever said anything about DID. I have read other posts here similar but they all have an awareness of missing time. I do not. Does anyone have any thoughts that can help me?
Mrsderby0624
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:28 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: I would tell you...but I forgot. AGAIN!!!

Postby ShawTrav » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:17 pm

Try searchign for amnesia for your amnesia. It's actually what a bunch of people experience with DiD or other things. Often times these people won't even realize they lost time, because after they realize they lost time they forget that as well. I guess that is how it works. I jsut know that I ahve read on here and elsewhere, that quiet a few people experience what you mention.
JT- The Original. N/A yrs. old
Cid- Protector and main front 28 yrs. old
Lex- Gate Keeper, internal self helper 32 yrs. old
Sophie- Creative little, slider age 6ish-17ish
Tyler- What do I do? Get into trouble. He's 17
Five others that don't talk on here. Perhaps one day.
ShawTrav
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:28 pm

Postby Mrsderby0624 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:23 pm

Thank you
Mrsderby0624
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby ShawTrav » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:58 pm

No problem. Also try posting in the actual DID section of the forum if you have not already. You should/might recieve more request. Also, sorry for all the typos. I start typing too quickly and then I don't proof read.
ShawTrav
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Mrsderby0624 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:25 pm

Um... That's where this is posted.

Thank you again.
Mrsderby0624
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby ShawTrav » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:13 pm

No, not what I meant. You are in the Dissociative Disorder Sub Forum then the section Dissociative Amnesia. While you are experiencing and questioning amnesia, most people look over this section and head right over to the DiD section. So post in the DID (dissociative identity disorder) seciton, there are many more post and active members.

Notice there are 55 topics in Amnesia and 9871 Topics in DID.
ShawTrav
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Mrsderby0624 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:30 pm

Understood.

But I'm not asking about DID. I am asking about doing things and not REMEMBERING. That would be amnesia. I am NOT someone else. Everyone has said during these times I am perfectly normal (or at least myself. LOL ). I just get periods where I don't remember.
Mrsderby0624
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby ShawTrav » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:58 am

Oh it's fine, you don't have to only ask about DiD. They wont get mad at you in there. It's just for the most possible responses I would go there. Because amnesia is a big part of DiD so quiet a few people will have something to say about it. Trust me they are not going to be like "Oh you don't have alters, then get out!" I read post everyday that have nothing to do with DiD and usually they still get a few answers or helpful responses.

With your last post. DiD is made to be hidden where people, even your family members, might not notice anything different about you. Sometimes alters are hidden and silent. That is how the system or your brain survives. Not saying you have DiD or alters or anything. Just giving information.
ShawTrav
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Una+ » Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:59 pm

ShawTrav's suggestion to read the DID Forum is still valid. DID includes dissociative amnesia, and the DID Forum has far more readers than here.
Dx DID older woman married w kids. 0 Una, host + 3, 1, 5. 1 animal. 2 older man. 3 teen girl. 4 girl behind amnesia wall. 5 girl in love. Our thread.
Una+
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:28 am

Postby brockovich4321 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:14 am

This happens to me ALL THE TIME.

You are not alone.

I have PTSD & DID as a result of MMC. At the moment, the conditions are particularly debilitating. Today a friend asked what I did this weekend & all I can remember is one afternoon.. Out of 3 days.. If I think really hard (or look at the calendar) most times I can place my where abouts.

Conversations are an entirely different matter. It sometimes takes me 10 meetings to remember if I've ever met the person I'm talking to.

I often say 'have I already told you about x, y, z' and the response (90% of the time) is 'yes'.. But I have no memory of those discussions (especially when talking to therapists)

I have a note book that I write 'to dos', instructions, flash backs & shopping lists in.. Which would help if I could remember where these note books were (I currently have 5+) and even then, I forget to do things, miss meetings, forget to return calls, etc, etc.

Honesty has been quite freeing. Telling people about these symptoms, believing their version of events & apologizing for the inconvience/difficulties (without the guilt, because its not my fault I'm sick) has been a massive help.

People call different symptoms different things. The above is caused by my numerous DID switches. Whoever was present eventally remembers (or at least has a feeling like I've heard this before without specifically placing the incident) but I'm not aware of the truth until I switch back to whatever alter was present during the incident, if that makes sense?

I also have DA where I can not remember anything really between the ages of 5 - 15 (I only have snippets of some friends, some holidays, and zero chronological order)

I have experienced DF twice that I'm aware of. Both times involved wandering in a zombie euphoric state, for hours upon hours. 'Coming to' quite a long way from home without any means of getting back except walking.

To me, it sounds like your memory problems may be a result of DID rather the DA. Your switches may take place over minutes, hours, days or weeks. The current alter may or may not be aware of the other alters. It may take time for you to switch back but when you do, you may or may not remember more of the incident's.
30yo female, formal Dx DID, aka 'me'..
16 others
brockovich4321
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:28 am

Return to Dissociative Amnesia Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post