Our partner

Bizarre switch in my mood

Depressive Disorder NOS message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Bizarre switch in my mood

Postby Blondie18 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:05 pm

These past few months my mood had been pretty mixed in that I felt quite down, self-critical and planning to do loads of tasks but never getting them done. Last week I experienced an episode of some sort, where I became extremely paranoid that people were going to come to my house and harass me, which I had no reason to believe. The day after this happened, my vision changed and everything seemed really euphoric and I felt much more talkative than usual. Since then I have been in a really surreal mindset, where I have been irritable but drained, depressed but happy, tired but awake, lacking in concentration and experiencing racing thoughts and new ideas. I have been struggling to sleep, sleeping for less than usual, even though I feel physically tired at times. I have also been so forgetful, to the point where I can’t even recall a lot from what’s happened over the past week.

I don’t know what to do. I was diagnosed with depression for years but my mood has always been so hard to explain. Could anyone give me some advice as to why i’m feeling like this? I can’t fully explain what i’m feeling because it is too hard to explain. I haven’t taken any medication in months and I want to keep it that way. Everything is just so confusing right now and I have no idea what I should do. Should I create a mood diary? Is this possibly another condition? Is this normal for depression? A little bit of advice would be great! Thanks
Blondie18
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Bizarre switch in my mood

Postby TonyS » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:53 pm

I see you didn’t get a reply, there doesn’t seem to be much help here.
I’m also depressed, don’t know what to do with racing thoughts. But then I get exhausted.
I have a hard time sleeping at night but I could sleep all day because I can’t get anything done.
I dread what’s coming next.
TonyS
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:12 pm

Re: Bizarre switch in my mood

Postby ArchCannon » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:29 am

Sounds to me like a manic phase. Maybe you're bipolar?
...eyes covered in pink and bleach
ArchCannon
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:12 pm

Return to Depressive Disorder NOS

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post