Our partner

Guy I like Admits He Also Has Depression - How to React

Depressive Disorder NOS message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Guy I like Admits He Also Has Depression - How to React

Postby LonelyVictim » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:54 pm

I've been talking to a good friend of mine for about a month and a half, and I've notice him say depressing things before, but we went on a date yesterday and he admitted he has depression and both of his sisters have tried to commit suicide before. I also struggle with depression, but more so with PTSD, but I don't know how to react to him telling me this. What I want to say is that I believe he and everyone deserves to be happy and I would love to make him happy any way I could, but he also isn't looking for a relationship at the moment (he is getting over his ex girlfriend). How should I react?
LonelyVictim
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:09 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Guy I like Admits He Also Has Depression - How to React

Postby Wally58 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:22 pm

I would just take his information and keep it in the back of your mind when dealing with him in the future.
I have depression as well. Sometimes it's worse than others, but I don't let it define who I am.
I would be very selective on who I share my personal traits with and try to put a positive spin on who I am around other people. I certainly wouldn't use it as an introduction when meeting someone or casually mention it on a date, especially my family members' suicide attempts.
He may have been testing for your reaction by saying it, or he may be trying to get you to keep your distance. Proceed with caution.
Best of luck to you. :D
We do NOT delete posts

Read the forum rules before posting here. If you are having any doubts about what you are posting, if you are thinking in the back of your mind, "I am going to want to delete this, or these details, later", remove those details, or step back and don't post until you are sure.
Wally58
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:09 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Depressive Disorder NOS

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post