Our partner

Finding mental health help anonymously

Depressive Disorder NOS message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Finding mental health help anonymously

Postby -Drakas- » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:03 am

Hello,
I've been feeling awful lately and it is getting worse and worse with time. I've been suicidal since I was six, and the idea of death does not bothers me any more. I just don't give a damn, I could die tomorrow or in 100 years, I couldn't care less. The only reason I'm still sitting around in my old apartment is for my family. No that they are my reason to be alive, just that I don't want to make them suffer even more.

But I know this won't last. Sooner or later, this will end. I can't stand it any more, not alone. The problem is that in my country (Belgium), you can be forced into treatment. And by treatment I mean: sitting on a chair all day waiting for your life to end. I'm totally serious, the ten days I spent there were the worst of my life and during these ten days, I saw a a psychiatrist for less than an hour. Treatment my ass.

I'd rather *mod edit* than risking to be put back there. Therefore, i cannot talk with anybody, since they could warn a doctor and I would be thrown back in that jail. I need to get help anonymously, but I haven't found anything.
I'm desperate, and I need help asap.

Thanks for reading and sorry for the mistakes, English isn't my native language as you can guess.
Last edited by seabreezeblue on Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: sorry.. bit too graphic.
-Drakas-
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:12 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Finding mental health help anonymously

Postby Oliveira » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:33 am

Hello,

I am really sorry that this is happening to you. I am from the Netherlands, and I've been seeing psychiatrists since 2012 and I got hospitalised once for 12 days when I was manic and dangerous to myself and others. Do you have any friends who use psychiatric help? Maybe they could recommend someone... sensible? The "treatment" you mention is ridiculous. During my hospitalisation I saw someone on daily basis.

Would it be an idea for you to get treatment here in the NL? (I know it's going to be expensive but I think it's better to have an expensive treatment than end your life...)

Big hugs if wanted.
Currently working on my upcoming signature.
Oliveira
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:12 am

Re: Finding mental health help anonymously

Postby -Drakas- » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:08 pm

I have friends who use psychiatric help, but the problem remains the same. I can't risk to talk to any psychiatrist, since I won't take the risk that he warns anyone. I can't trust them anymore anyway.

However, I never considered receive a treatment elsewhere. I just need to be sure if the help I will receive is the one I need.

The ideal would be on the internet, that way I could hide my identity, but as far as I know, it's pretty hard. The only way would be to call a suicide hotline or something, but that only help on a short period of time, and most of the other experts I've asked so far told me I should go see a psychiatrist in person.

Thanks for the advice and thanks for the hugs, I could definitely use some.
-Drakas-
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:12 am

Return to Depressive Disorder NOS