Our partner

Going at it alone

Depression message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Snaga

Going at it alone

Postby Bluedreams » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:19 am

Hi guys,

In the past all I've wanted is to not be alone. But now I'm in a great marriage and life is generally good and all I want is to be alone to sit in my depression. I saw someone and starting working on my crap in college. And life just got in the way once I graduated. I think I've always had some form of low grade depression my whole life and I've been very good at hiding everything. Since January, I've started to sense it creeping back up on me. But now I'm not alone all I want to do is be alone with my depression and just live in that hole alone.

Im unable to express any of this to my husband and honestly I don't want to. So am I just going to have to resign myself to smush this down and continue pretending for the rest of my life?

Does anyone else experience this?
Bluedreams
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:13 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Going at it alone

Postby jaus tail » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:08 am

i am in a better place than i once was but inside i'm depressed and like to remain alone. i have told a few friends about the depression so they are okay with it. they dont coerce me into social events as they're aware of my mental health. i'm also into therapy.

Im unable to express any of this to my husband and honestly I don't want to. So am I just going to have to resign myself to smush this down and continue pretending for the rest of my life?

Does anyone else experience this?

if you cant tell this to your husband, tell this to someone else. perhaps start therapy. the depression may not magically disappear but it'll be easier to cope with. i still have super gloomy days but there are also pleasant moments few and far between.

if you dont tell this anyone or seek help and if you try to smush this down, you'll end up worsening your health. there is a cycle-8 of depression and anger. the more depressed a person is, the more angry/irritated the person gets.

the person feels angry at life going by. anger causes outbursts which causes regrets. more depression.

dont smush it down. talk to someone. this forum isnt really the equivalent of professional help. sure it helped me a lot, but the right therapist or even a great friend with great insight can be helpful.
exhausted
jaus tail
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:13 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Clinical Depression Forum