Our partner

zoloft

Depression message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Snaga

zoloft

Postby AmmeSO » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:17 am

I have been prescribed zoloft 50mg for depression and anxiety. Anyone else who has been on this? first few days of taking it, I have been waking up a few times in the night, feeling more depersonalised than before. nausea...but on the upside a more stable mood.
AmmeSO
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:48 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: zoloft

Postby Theymakeyouwait » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:37 pm

Yes I’ve taken it. You can decide to keep taking it or not but you should be properly informed. Effects of SSRI’s such as Zoloft include obesity, diebetes, heart disease, mania, agitation and it even has a black box warning that it can increase suicides. These drugs are addicting and will cause an addiction. Corporate clinical trials which have been cherry picked, and have a lot of problems give needed to treat numbers around 8. This means for every 8 people taking these drugs 1 will get a benefit from them. The rest are harmed with no benefits. Studies that correct for some of the flaws in corporate clinical trials find SSRI’s do not improve outcomes. Studies done independent find in the long term SSRI’s significantly worsen your outcome. One outcome measure found taking an SSRI increased your chance of becoming disabled by 50%.
Theymakeyouwait
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:48 pm

Re: zoloft

Postby Wally58 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:28 am

I am on Sertraline (Zoloft) and it has been successful for me. Don't draw any conclusions about it until your body can adjust to it.
Give it a few months to build up in the system, unless you notice any severe or harmful side-effects. Not everyone will experience the listed common side-effects. Everyone is different.
I recently went from 75mg to 100mg. I have been complimented on my behavior. People note that I seem more relaxed and social. My racing thoughts and the music in my head have subsided for the most part. Sleep has improved and I can concentrate better.
Best of luck to you. :D
We do NOT delete posts

Read the forum rules before posting here. If you are having any doubts about what you are posting, if you are thinking in the back of your mind, "I am going to want to delete this, or these details, later", remove those details, or step back and don't post until you are sure.
Wally58
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:48 pm

Return to Clinical Depression Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post