Our partner

Hope for success

Depression message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Snaga

Hope for success

Postby Sunflower0629 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:02 am

I’ve only been taking antidepressants for 1 year but I still haven’t found what worked for me. I’m currently on lamictal and cymbalta (on cymbalta for 6 weeks and lamictal for 5 days) and I’m really hoping that this will help me. I’ve been on at least 15-20 different meds the past year and I was doing well on one but I had side effects and I had to be taken off of it. And has anyone ever thrown up after latuda because when I was on it I’d throw up multiple times a week? Anyway has anyone had luck on these meds? Because my old psych told me that it’s my attitude that’s the issue but really that’s not the case because I’m trying to stay positive but I recently switched psychs. Hoping for the best
Sunflower0629
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:21 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Hope for success

Postby Wally58 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:35 pm

Hold on tight to that hope. I know that some meds helped to 'take the edge off' my depression and anxiety. Sometimes the anxiety would build into panic. It felt like I couldn't breathe and at times, felt like I was having a heart attack.

There was no fast-acting or miracle med. The chemistry takes time to build-up and change patterns. I was on old-school Imipramine and Buspar. Behavior change was helped by 12-step recovery meetings. It took years of therapy for recovery, but it did get better. A lot better from where I started.

Being told that it is 'attitude' is very unprofessional. I'm glad that you have moved on to another psych. It helped me to find one that went through similar issues as I did.
There are alternatives, like ECT, etc if meds don't help.
Best of luck to you. :D
We do NOT delete posts

Read the forum rules before posting here. If you are having any doubts about what you are posting, if you are thinking in the back of your mind, "I am going to want to delete this, or these details, later", remove those details, or step back and don't post until you are sure.
Wally58
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:21 am

Re: Hope for success

Postby Sunflower0629 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:04 pm

Wally58 wrote:Hold on tight to that hope. I know that some meds helped to 'take the edge off' my depression and anxiety. Sometimes the anxiety would build into panic. It felt like I couldn't breathe and at times, felt like I was having a heart attack.

There was no fast-acting or miracle med. The chemistry takes time to build-up and change patterns. I was on old-school Imipramine and Buspar. Behavior change was helped by 12-step recovery meetings. It took years of therapy for recovery, but it did get better. A lot better from where I started.

Being told that it is 'attitude' is very unprofessional. I'm glad that you have moved on to another psych. It helped me to find one that went through similar issues as I did.
There are alternatives, like ECT, etc if meds don't help.
Best of luck to you. :D

Thank you! I’m just trying to stay positive for now.
Sunflower0629
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:21 am

Return to Clinical Depression Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post