Our partner

Feeling hopeless

Depression message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Snaga

Feeling hopeless

Postby Mosaic Butterflies » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:39 am

Hello everyone.

So, I qualify as having Bipolar II depression, but I thought I would post here instead of in the bipolar forum as I am mostly dealing with depression here.

I've been taking Abilify as a mood stabilizer and for my depressive symptoms, but I think that maybe the medication has stopped working for me. Lately, I've just been feeling so sad and like I want to hurt myself. I'm not going to hurt myself, but the urges have been there and they've been difficult to deal with.

I feel very hopeless right now too, like I'll never be able to find the right combination of medications for me. I'm ashamed that I have to take any medications at all, but thanks to the chronic fatigue from the depression, I have to keep taking medications. It's terrible.
Dx: PTSD, Bipolar 2, OSDD-1b

My System
Stella (22), [Mother] (43), Autumn (22), Diana (25), Alice (15), Aliza (19), Abusive Alter (??), Hurting Alter (??), Kyle (15), Peter (17), Luna (6), Beverly (8), Hungry Child (??), Babushka (??), Baby (??)
Mosaic Butterflies
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Thu May 23, 2019 4:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Feeling hopeless

Postby Parador » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:47 pm

Have you tried non-drug therapies? Massage? Light therapy? Fish oil? 5-HTP, DHEA, choline or lecithin may help.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
Parador
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri May 24, 2019 12:44 am

Postby Mosaic Butterflies » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:08 am

Parador wrote:Have you tried non-drug therapies? Massage? Light therapy? Fish oil? 5-HTP, DHEA, choline or lecithin may help.

I've actually tried a lot of the things that you have listed. Some of them help just a tiny bit, but they don't make the depression go away or manage it very much. But thank you for the suggestions all the same.
Dx: PTSD, Bipolar 2, OSDD-1b

My System
Stella (22), [Mother] (43), Autumn (22), Diana (25), Alice (15), Aliza (19), Abusive Alter (??), Hurting Alter (??), Kyle (15), Peter (17), Luna (6), Beverly (8), Hungry Child (??), Babushka (??), Baby (??)
Mosaic Butterflies
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Postby Wally58 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:54 pm

Is your doctor helping you with this? Have other classes of medications been tried? There are options for medication-resistant cases, like ECT, etc.
As long as you have more options open for you to try, it is never hopeless.
Best of luck to you. :D
We do NOT delete posts

Read the forum rules before posting here. If you are having any doubts about what you are posting, if you are thinking in the back of your mind, "I am going to want to delete this, or these details, later", remove those details, or step back and don't post until you are sure.
Wally58
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Thu May 23, 2019 8:44 pm

Postby Theymakeyouwait » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:37 am

I’m pretty hopeless here as well. In my experience and readings antidepressants and antipsychotics are ineffective and just give you side effects. I’ve been on over 15 different medications and done Electro shock. Still miserable as hell. Sounds like you’ve tried a lot of different things. Have you ever tried a psychedelic such as magic mushrooms? The FDA just granted magic mushrooms breakthrough therapy status for major depression. Magic mushrooms and other psychedelics have gone through a few clinical trials and they performed miracles compared to standard SSRI’s. With one trip people got sustained benefits for up to years. I’m currently trying to get my hands on magic mushrooms. A friend of mine is in the prossess of getting them. Researchers have done some research on how psychedelics treat mental illness. If you want me to post all I know on how they work ask and I’ll do so.
Another unconventional option is CBD. CBD is a chemical in marijuana. It does not get you high. There is some evidence it can treat mental illness. You can smoke it, eat it, or tincture it in your gums. You need to make sure you are getting CBD and not THC which is the other chemical in marijuana.
Theymakeyouwait
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Return to Clinical Depression Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post