Our partner

Getting better, so why am I still having symptoms?

Depression message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Snaga

Getting better, so why am I still having symptoms?

Postby Kip » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:20 pm

Hi there. 15F, no family history of mental illness, no trauma, I have ADD and aspergers if that makes anything any different.

I was diagnosed with situational depression w/ self harm and suicidal thoughts and prescribed prozac when I was 12 after something as simple as a fallout with friends, starting out with coming out as gay to my best friend / crush and her pushing me away. It was also complicated by struggles with accepting my sexuality and struggling with my religion as well. It is stupid, I know. I won't go into detail but I'll just say I was in a lot of pain, however I don't like talking about it because I feel like I am trivializing people with real problems.

Anyways, the situation was forever ago and I'm long over it. But I still have depression symptoms. Not as bad as they used to be, in fact my therapist says I'm improving a lot. But, for the past 2 years I've been stuck in this state of emotional numbness, feeling disconnected from myself, others, and the world; and time doesn't seem to be passing. I also still hate my guts. All for no particular reason.

Is it because I've never let myself healthily recover from the original situational depression? Or because of how hard I ingrained a self-loathing and negative attitude in my mind? I'm not sure. I have no good reason to be depressed if it's not situational. Nothing else is wrong with my life. I just FEEL empty. Is this just a teenager thing? Why am I still depressed if the event that triggered it has been resolved? I just want to find a reason why.

Any insight would be great.
Kip
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Sat May 25, 2019 11:35 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Getting better, so why am I still having symptoms?

Postby Parador » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:53 pm

So sad to come back here and see posts with no answers in the depression forum. OP will probably not even see this reply now. ...

Are you still on the Prozac?
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
Parador
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat May 25, 2019 5:35 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Clinical Depression Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post