Our partner

SSRI problems/IDK whats going on anymore

Depression message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Snaga

SSRI problems/IDK whats going on anymore

Postby slizzy » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:07 am

Hi! This post is probably going to be TMI and very personal so just a warning in advance. :-)
I am an 18 year old girl who has recieved treatment for MDD in the past (started therapy off and on and was diagnosed when I was about 15) and when I turned 18 I started taking an SSRI (prozac) because I had a really bad episode. Before this, I would say my depression was off and on, and I would switch from feeling extremley depressed to feeling good. When I started taking medication, I felt a ton better in about 2 weeks since I first started taking it. I have been on 20mgs of prozac for about 5 months now and I feel like my life is out of control. I feel like I am way more outgoing than I have ever been and I also have a lot more energy than normal (sleeping for 4-6 hours and then feeling VERY awake the next day for days in a row) and this has led to some issues for me because I have felt very impulsive latley and like I dont have a filter anymore.I have been considering taking risks that woud get me in a lot of trouble if caught but I think I might do them because in my mind It seems like a good idea but when I tell people they act like I'm being super irrational. I have gotten 2 piercings and 2 tattoos in the last 5 months completley on a whim only thinking about doing it a few hours before. I have spent over $400 in the last week and a half because I legit cannot stop spending money and I also have been talking to guys that are a lot older than me in a sexual context which I know is not smart but I was bored and thought it would be a fun idea. I am also very irrirable and have been snapping at people for doing small things which isn't that unusual but it has been a lot worse latley than before. I have had episodes like this in between my depressive episodes but they havent been this bad. Is there something wrong with me or is this just how SSRIs make people act?? I feel AMAZING and am having a great tim but I feel like my life is getting out of control and I dont want to see where this goes. I made a post in the past and people were saying it sounded like Bipolar but I honestly am terrified to bring that up to my doctor.
Thank you guys so much for reading.
slizzy
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu May 23, 2019 5:08 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: SSRI problems/IDK whats going on anymore

Postby Shattered Mind » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:05 pm

Hi slizzy! Nobody here can diagnose you but based on what you described it could be bipolar. If you are bipolar taking an SSRI without a mood stabilizer can be dangerous because it can make you hypomanic or manic and your behavior may become unsafe/unhealthy. Telling your Dr. about what you are experiencing is not going to change who you are, it will just allow them to help you.
Dx: Recurrent Major Depressive Disorder, Generalized Anxiety Disorder
Shattered Mind
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu May 23, 2019 8:08 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Clinical Depression Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post