Our partner

Depersonalization from marijuana

Depersonalization Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Depersonalization from marijuana

Postby Nevermind » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:05 am

How did it happen to you? I wanna hear your stories and make sure it doesn't happen to me, being in love with marijuana.
Nevermind
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:59 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Depersonalization from marijuana

Postby Comatoast » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:17 pm

I'm a pothead,and I get DP/DR (more DR). But it's not from the MJ,infact the MJ help get rid of the DR. My DR was caused from the anti-migraine drug Imitrex. You see I used to get episodic migraines ( once every 1-2 months),Imitrex seemed like a miracle. I stopped getting migraines and started getting panic/DR/DP attacks in thier place that last 3-4 days usually. I believe my DP/DR/panic attacks are actually mini focal seizures that were caused by Imitrex. My doctor doesn't agree and keeps trying to push paxil/abilify,or zoloft on me. :roll:
Comatoast
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:59 pm

Postby guiltdrips » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:16 pm

I found that the more stressed I got, the more I got depersonalized, the more I smoked. I also found that since smoking puts me in a very dissociated state - when I compare my 'high' to others, it's not a 'normal' high - it's an excuse to feel and see things that way. In fact for months I mistook marijuana for depersonalization. I've of course made sure since that it's not, but in a way marijuana was an excuse to act that way around others and it be seen as casual and 'normal', my strange behaviour was more tolerable.

I know hundreds of kids that smoke and don't get depersonalization disorder but if you're already set up for it/predisposed towards it, it might help bring it on. My dp/dr was insipid, it came slowly over years, but I'm sure that my heavy marijuana use was a factor in edging it along.

Just beware of what you stretch your mind into.
guiltdrips
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:59 pm

Postby Nevermind » Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:10 pm

got depersonalization from ketamine

sh*t...
Nevermind
Consumer 5
Consumer 5