Our partner

Life long chronic depersonalization

Depersonalization Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Life long chronic depersonalization

Postby Shannon35 » Tue May 28, 2019 2:46 am

Hi I’m 35 years, I’ve had chronic DP most of my life, weed triggered it when I was 14 years old. It would come on as spells until one day it came and never left. It’s literally ruined my entire life from being a normal human being. I’ve tried every drug almost with little to no success. Right now I’ve been on viibryd for a little over a month and if no better my dr wants to start me on Lamotrigine as of tomorrow possibly. I’m scared to death of that drug because of the potential life threatening rash that can happen. But I’m really wanting to give it a shot! Is it worth it?? Any good stories or success on this drug??? Thanks guys!!!
Shannon35
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:53 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Life long chronic depersonalization

Postby Spirit99 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:42 pm

Hi Shannon, I've been suffering of dp/dr disease too from when I was about 12yo so I can understand your mood. Trust me: drugs are not a solution neither the ones bought on pharmacy nor on the streets. This disease is caused by "something wrong" in your past/childhood you've now to understand and your use of weed just rose the disease up because THC induces dissociation. So if you think you can fight the consequences of weed by using other drugs you're wrong, that's not the right path though it seems the shortest and easiest one.
We live lives we regret but it was not our fault. Work on yourself by the help of a prof, that's the way.
Spirit99
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:53 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Depersonalization Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post