Our partner

Help - Depersonalization caused by fatherlessness

Depersonalization Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Help - Depersonalization caused by fatherlessness

Postby Alfon285 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:26 pm

I am a 24 year old male who's had Depersonalization for the last 3.5 years. I have discovered that the problem that cauded it was a lack of father's care and love throughout my entire life. I have always longed for my father giving me the love and care I much needed from him, which he almost never gave me. Also, It's worth pointing out that he is a narcissist and always told me that if I didn't do what he wanted I would never see him again.
I would like to know how to stop looking for his love and care and find what I need within myself, to be free, happy and full once and for all.
Alfon285
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:10 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Help - Depersonalization caused by fatherlessness

Postby ItsJustUs » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:45 pm

Are you in counseling/therapy?

That would be where you should start, in my non-medical-personnel opinion.
Kitten 39F-Core, Delilah (age unknown)F- Protector/System Manager/Care Taker, Britney 17F- Former persecutor turned protector, Lilly 5.5F, Little Wolf (young, but age unknown) "job" unknown, Val- age unknown, Female entity, we think she is a protector
ItsJustUs
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:10 am

Re: Help - Depersonalization caused by fatherlessness

Postby Bojo » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:08 am

I have a similar issue. The best thing, IMO, would be to distance yourself from him and try to find support from others that are in your situation. I let my mother ruin my health and I'm in my forties. If I had to do it over again, I would focus on school and work and live as far away from my family as possible.
Bojo
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:10 am

Return to Depersonalization Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post