Our partner

Depersonalization and Something Else?

Depersonalization Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Depersonalization and Something Else?

Postby MellonCollie » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:50 pm

I've had a lot of really heavy episodes of "out of body-ness", hyper awareness of my body, thoughts chasing each other and overlapping, and moments of not recognizing myself.
But, more recently, I've started dissociating A LOT and I don't know why. I'll completely drop out of conversations and sort of come to after a minute or so. I'm also forgetting things that have happened anywhere from a few minutes ago to weeks ago.
And, the scariest "new addition" happened a few weeks ago during an EMDR session. (http://www.emdr.com/what-is-emdr/ in case anyone hasn't heard of it)
I felt something like a split...Like half of me was someone else. I haven't mentioned it outside of therapy because I'm sort of too scared to really talk about it. I ran into this website accidentally while trying to research it. I figure it might be a little more comforting to ask folks about it here...
We're the Rogues Gallery
AJ - 27 (F - Host)
Max - 25 (M - Gatekeeper)
Aiden - 26 (M - Protector)
MellonCollie
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Depersonalization and Something Else?

Postby Snaga » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:16 pm

I like the user name....

Are we talking about like, a DID kind of someone else?

Tell someone you love them today, because Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, because Life is also terrifying and confusing.

ISFP

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Postby MellonCollie » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:50 pm

That's what I'm not too sure about. I looked up some details about DID and some things kinda fit and some don't. There's times when it's a really present kind of thing in my head and I can really feel some kind of divide and there's times where I can't really "find" it. I have times where I can kind of process things back and forth with another voice. It's a really confusing sort of thing.
We're the Rogues Gallery
AJ - 27 (F - Host)
MellonCollie
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Postby Snaga » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:01 pm

There's other levels, like OSDD, which is where we sort of place ourself. OSDD-1b if we're not mistaken. Although we could be DID. Have you looked up OSDD and see if that resonates with you?

Tell someone you love them today, because Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, because Life is also terrifying and confusing.

ISFP

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Postby MellonCollie » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:43 pm

I hadn't heard of that before. Going by the some of the descriptions of OSDD, that does seem to fit. I have really heavy moments and episodes of dissociation and depersonalization (which is getting to be less severe after starting new meds) which is more common with DID, but a lot of the descriptions of OSDD1b make things make a lot more sense.
We're the Rogues Gallery
AJ - 27 (F - Host)
MellonCollie
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Postby Snaga » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:50 am

I wondered if it might. That's where I throw myself- or ourselves, as the case may be- into. Our primary alt isn't happy with that self-Dx, however. She's putting a sour look on our face as we write this.... OSDD feels like 2nd prize to someone that wants their own body, meh. Is what it is.

ISFP

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Snaga
Site Admin

Postby MellonCollie » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:44 am

Things seem pretty stable with what I've got going on - lots of back and forth with him. Some things that he'll sort of say. He'll kind of catch things and help with processing things.
Thanks for the help!
We're the Rogues Gallery
AJ - 27 (F - Host)
MellonCollie
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Return to Depersonalization Disorder Forum

• Related articles