Our partner

self induced retrograde amnesia

Dementia message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Re: self induced retrograde amnesia

Postby iwanttoforget » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:04 am

So does anyone have any information about this? I have severe OCD and social anxiety, and like the OP, I've come to the conclusion that this is probably my only hope of ever getting better. I'd like to know if I'm wasting my time even considering this.
iwanttoforget
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:13 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Leobons » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:58 pm

I`ve tried ECT and it didn`t work. I know exactly what you are going through and I`ve been dealing with this issue for years now. People need to stop telling us to learn from it, etc. Don`t you know we have heard this already? Sometimes the pain, the ego or whatever is just too strong and we need a fresh start, if medicine can give that to us. I would love to hear from anybody who has news about this, I have already wasted a lot of money looking for a "cure" and it`s killing me, and maybe someday it WILL kill me. Please contact me if you have good news.
Thank you
Leobons
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:13 am

Postby nutbeaver » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:51 am

Hi has anyone tried using hypnotherapy?
nutbeaver
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:13 pm

Postby Bre3ze » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:51 am

I also suffer from memories of things that I do not want to mention but that affect my life greatly everyday. I honestly feel like I'm in a deeply depressed. I literally think about committing suicide everyday but I can't even bring my self to do it because I don't want to hurt my mom or family members who might care about me. I decide to suffer in silence everyday so if there's a way to forget not just certain memories but all of them, including but no limited to my childhood, or anything at all. I kind of want to kind of erase everything in my memory banks and then erase the trash bin like you do on computers. If there's a way to do that I am all for that, I'm willing to participate in any type of research or program that could help with my request as long as it's legit. I'm honestly scared that one day I will just forget about everything and the pain will take over, causing me to take my life. I want to live, bu honestly sometimes I think it would be better if I was just gone. If you do find a way to forget plz inform me. You can email me if you like.
Bre3ze
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:13 am

Previous

Return to Dementia Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post