Our partner

Blood vesels supplying the brain

Dementia message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Re: Blood vesels supplying the brain

Postby Ro3bert » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:49 pm

I can't be sure but according to what I read your physical problems are on your left side. That suggests the problems are actually with the right side of your brain. It has been established that the opposite sides of the brain control the opposite side of the body i. e. the right brain controls the left side of the body.

If your conditions are on one side of your body (the problems with your left eye for instance) it could indicate something going on in your opposite brain rather than the left.

Don't know if this will be helpful but I hope so.
Today is the best day of my life and tomorrow will be even better.
Ro3bert
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:49 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re:

Postby maree12 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:23 am

[quote="zornthro"]Maybe it is neurological. It just occurred to me that I've had a headache on the left side for about three weeks now and it has only rarely went away and always came back within a couple hours. The headache is very mild, hardly painful at all, but very annoying and it seems like it's blocking my thoughts (like if I could get rid of it I could think better). My left eye also doesn't work very well. I can see fine I think but it's like cloudy or glassy, like something's over it. I have not had any headaches at all on the right. Advil and Tylenol don't help. I have some aspirin but I read that haemorrhagic stroke can cause symptoms very similar to this. If I was confident I didn't have this I would try taking aspirin.

Zornthro, please nag your doctor to send you to a neurologist ASAP. I ignored similar symptoms and had a massive haemorrhagic stroke which totally destroyed my life. I found the only thing that eased the headaches was aspirin, neither paracetamol, or Advil helped. I have since realised that this was because the aspirin treated the cause by thinning my blood, which the others did not do. BUT my headaches were very bad, so you may just get away with nothing more, IF you get checked out. Headaches and vision problems ARE both symptoms of an impending stroke, do not ignore them, please.
maree12
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:49 am

Re: Blood vesels supplying the brain

Postby maree12 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:40 am

Hi, like Kevin said your doctors have put you in the too hard basket, and do not want have anything more to do with you till you exhibit symptoms that they can actually cure with a prescription. I went through the same thing a couple of years ago, and, eventually I gave up as I could not afford to keep throwing good money after bad. I am not any better, but I am not any poorer either, and less irritable and frustrated at the lack of successful medical treatment that I am getting.
I had a stroke and it has totally destroyed my life so that there is no pleasure in surviving but I do because the alternative is too scary.
maree12
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:49 am

Previous

Return to Dementia Forum