Our partner

Blood vesels supplying the brain

Dementia message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Postby zornthro » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:27 pm

I'm pretty sure my stomach is to the left like it's supposed to be. That is a strange condition though I never knew of such a thing.

I actually had an appointment to an endocrinologist today that I didn't know about (my parents had it scheduled, I was referred over 5 months ago I think). My blood pressure was 154 / 82 when I was there. Turns out my blood pressure monitor is accurate (it was like 5 minutes between the time my neurologist tested it). My recent worsening of physical symptoms I think is related to my increase in blood pressure, which has gone from 140 to 150 over the past month.

She gave me 5mg lisinopril and is giving me a month till my next appointment. I already took one. I'm very stupid right now, like I think the higher blood pressure (at least at 140) was benefiting my mental state. My blood pressure is 123 / 70. I feel great physically but I'm dead out of it. It feels like I got hit on the forehead with something. Earlier I was having trouble typing on the keyboard, like my fingers were really weak.

Anyway it's been great talking to you my posts are probably too long as it is. Something about these pills makes me think I'll wake up tomorrow feeling pretty good. An abrupt change in blood pressure probably isn't a good thing but if your body adapts in the long run it's probably better.
zornthro
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:31 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Chucky » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:39 am

Hi, your posts are a reasonable-enough length. If anything, my responses to you are too short. I am active in quite a few threads, howver, and just reply with what I feel is essential to be said. Anyway, so, you have the feeling that it's blood pressure causing all of this? The 'driving force' of blood pressure is, of course, the heart. Let me guess though: You've had your heart checked out, right? :)
Chucky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby zornthro » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:54 am

No, not actually. I've been tested for almost anything that can be revealed via blood work. Plus I've had an MRI and two EEGs. The MRI shows sinus inflammation, one EEG showed left temporal slowing (cerebral vascular disease) but the other was completely normal.

I've had chest pain for a while but I don't think it's my heart; it's just general internal discomfort. A scratchy feeling almost. I don't know why I'd be out of breath though. I also yawn a lot when I'm more out of breath. And I'm thirsty all the time.

I think that's basically all my symptoms. In the past I've had problems with eye discomfort and not being able to see very well. Whenever I do things I tend to feel worse. Like playing guitar hero will make me dizzy and cause cognitive problems. I'm generally fine for walking around outside though, especially in the evenings, which I look forward to when I start college again. I cant really do much at home without worsening my symptoms. And walking actually makes my symptoms better usually. I don't know if it's my posture or if it's the fact that it gets my heart / lungs moving.

Overtime I've felt better and worse and have had different symptoms. The past month I remember I had really bad cognitive and physical problems. Recently (the past 3 days) I've felt pretty well in both aspects. Before that I had mainly cognitive symptoms but they went away in the evenings.
zornthro
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby Chucky » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:38 am

Wow, yeh, this could all easily be explaimned by blood pressure issues (but I'm not sure again!) My brother has low blood pressure but nothing has ever been really done about it. He gets headaches a lot, is sick, and gets 'head-rushes' where he feels dizzy and just collapses onto the ground. Could it just be a genetic a thing do you think? I mean, were you just born with this and there's no way around it?
Chucky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby zornthro » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:59 pm

I don't know if I've mentioned this in the thread yet but I used to lift weights. I was always really healthy; my blood pressure used to be like 110 / 60 normally. I think lifting weights and my diet while lifting weights (high protein high calorie) could have contributed to this but I wouldn't really blame it on that. I used to drink alcohol as well about every other weekend for a couple months till I got sick but I don't see that as having contributed to it, unless it's associated with my blood sugar.

It's not like I've been this way my whole life though. I still remember first getting sick. It was like night and day suddenly I was really sick and the doctors didn't know what was wrong. My condition has changed a lot in the past year sense I got sick as well.
zornthro
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby Chucky » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:08 am

I've actually been doing weight-training for the past 8 years now but have noticed no similar effects. Then again, I never took to that protein-drink/powder stuff. I have just maintained a natural diet, mostly of fish and chicken as protein sources. I don't know enough about dietetics to make any knowledgeable comment about how alcohol could have affected you though. I don't drink alcohol either, so I'm not really a good reference point!
Chucky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby zornthro » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:27 am

It's not that lifting weights is bad just it could have been bad for me or something. Maybe it made some kind of underlying condition worse.
zornthro
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby Chucky » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:40 pm

Sorry, yeh, I wasn't saying that weight-lifting is always beneficial. I was just implying that it's helped me out. While saying this, I think it's probably more to do with the protein stuff that you took that is behind the problem. those things are loaded with so much protein - amounts that the body doesn't even need - that I imagine it can put a toll on the liver and kidneys which work together in breaking down and eliminating the excess protein respectively. However, all of these excess protein-based molecules in the blood incrases the acidity and this can cause problems across a wide range of things.

... ...it's complex.
Chucky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby zornthro » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:00 pm

I discovered a couple days ago that the blood vessels on the left side of my face pump much harder. Two of them at least, one going around my nose / eye and one coming strait down from my forehead. I think they might be blood vessels for blood leaving my face / head. I cannot feel the one along my nose at all on the other side of my head but I can feel the one on my other forehead, beating with much less force. I don't think it's healthy at all. The one going around my eye is probably why my left eye gets red / hard to see out of sometimes.
zornthro
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Re: Blood vesels supplying the brain

Postby imNotwhoIam » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:01 am

wow dude I know how you feel... the nerves or veins around my forehead get really big sometimes. During special activities, and you can see it through the skin... :[ should I get it checked out? I don't have any of these symptoms, but the forehead pounding has to stop. -___- * it's annoying.
imNotwhoIam
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:01 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Dementia Forum