Our partner

HOSPITAL CANNOT DIAGNOSE MY WIFE!

Dementia message board, open discussion, and online support group.

HOSPITAL CANNOT DIAGNOSE MY WIFE!

Postby oldfella1962 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:52 am

Greetings! First time here - anyway about six weeks ago my wife came down with sudden unexplained paranoid delusions and cognitive decline. But this could "come and go". She might be fine (acting like herself) one day, and flipping out the next day. :?: Long story short she has been in the psychiatric ward of a military hospital (I am a retired veteran) which is actually a very highly rated hospital. They cannot figure out what is going on with her! They are trying to rule out any medication interactions and have ran her through every test you could think of. But she is getting worse by the day. :(
She paces and paces for hours at a time. She refuses to eat or drink most days. She is extremely paranoid and mistrusting and delusional. Some days she rarely speaks, she just paces like a zombie with rigid arms & hands and mumbles gibberish. Other days she is very agitated, claiming normal sized people are "giants" or they are invisible, or she is invisible. She has no short term memory either.
She will try to open the same locked doors every two or three minutes for hours at a time.

She had a mental health crisis just about a year ago, but there was a gradual build up to her breakdown last year, and once she got better she was 100 percent okay for about a year. Then out of the blue six weeks ago POW! :shock: She is "herself" fully functional only one day out of ten or so. The other days she has the mental capacity of a toddler. Her only emotions are fear, worry, and paranoia. This is breaking my heart! She is only 52 years old. :( Could this be RAPID PROGRESSIVE DEMENTIA that I have been reading about on-line? If so she won't last much longer I fear. Any thoughts on her diagnosis would be appreciated. Thank you.
oldfella1962
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:28 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Return to Dementia Forum