Our partner

She looks depressed

Dementia message board, open discussion, and online support group.

She looks depressed

Postby CammieMe » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:42 am

If someone close to you and acting strange and can't remember you already. She only remembers some of the past events you were together. Is this alarming? She turning 79 and a bit old. I notice that she looks depressed too. What are your thoughts?
CammieMe
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:47 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: She looks depressed

Postby Medicination » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:26 am

Aging may or may not affect memory, It could be that your mom needs relaxation and attention. Maybe, she is depressed. Is she living alone?
Medicination
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Marlocked » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:26 am

CammieMe wrote:If someone close to you and acting strange and can't remember you already. She only remembers some of the past events you were together. Is this alarming? She turning 79 and a bit old. I notice that she looks depressed too. What are your thoughts?

Dementia can be common to ages 65 above. To give you a hint, early signs are memory problems, reduce in concentration, confusion and inability to do daily task.
Marlocked
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Baseboa » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:30 am

The best way to do is to observe her for a few days and if it shows signs of dementia, Maybe it's about time to decide to seek help from a mental health doctor.
Baseboa
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby CammieMe » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:03 am

Marlocked wrote:
CammieMe wrote:If someone close to you and acting strange and can't remember you already. She only remembers some of the past events you were together. Is this alarming? She turning 79 and a bit old. I notice that she looks depressed too. What are your thoughts?

Dementia can be common to ages 65 above. To give you a hint, early signs are memory problems, reduce in concentration, confusion, and inability to do a daily task.

Thanks to what you've shared but I'm still procrastinating if I will seek help from an online counseling. Although, my mom's behavior is similar to the signs you've mentioned about Dementia. Perhaps, I'll observe her then decide finally to consider a mental health expert. I was able to have read some relevant information that might help my mom.
Last edited by NewSunRising on Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: link removed
CammieMe
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Return to Dementia Forum