Our partner

Erasing bad memories

Dementia message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Erasing bad memories

Postby unhappy1 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:22 pm

Things from my childhood bothering me and i'm unable think anything else. I have been doing some research and decided my only hope would be to erasing the pain of the past and to forget painfull memories once for all.
Anyways, these treatments may ultimately provide a radical new way to treat PTSD and addiction or just make worse, but I would like to hear what anyone thinks..

NMDA receptor antagonist MK-801: before/after memory reactivation to
disrupt/erase memories? The safest way would be to take with medical supervision due to the side effects of the drugs.

Anisomycin a protein-synthesis inhibitor: in researchers injected into brains amygdalas, but it might be taken subQ or orally? In rats it blocked fear responses, It can potentially blunting fear responses and helping people manage traumatic or upsetting memories.

Kainic Acid/Domoic Acid: both are a neurotoxins, to optimally conduct the treatment i would like to work with somebody who could figure out dosages, side-effects

Furthermore, because the memory has to be induced into the unstable state (i.e. it must be reactivated) this must be done in the right way, and with great care. So i would like to make as safe as possible. If somebody have done research on these substances and/or could help me and would like to participate in these studies.
unhappy1
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:50 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Erasing bad memories

Postby jtahim » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:44 am

I would love to help participate and do further research on these studies. I, too, also have been a victim of vicious thoughts that I cannot get out of my mind, which also makes me believe the only remedy would be to eliminate them completely, as if they were never there to begin with. Please send me a private message if you want to discuss this further, as I am more than willing to discuss. Thank you.
jtahim
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:50 am

Postby greenpurple » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:00 pm

My girlfriend had dissociative identity disorder, some people call multiple personality disorder and onepersonality was around four years old. I realized that I had it too. I had some troubling things, and for survival purposes I went back to an infant. Anybody can do this, it takes concentration, but it can result in a buffer zone between your memories. I walk around like a six month old, but nobody has ever given me problems for it. But one thing, is that you will be practically six months old until you create alter personalities to deal with things. I choose to always be six months old. One other thing. Telling somebody this can impact one's sense of independence, because I'm telling you something. On the other hand, you are discussing a medication, which although is an object, in certain mental illnesses, people view themselves as not a human but some type of object.
greenpurple
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:50 am

Postby iwanttoforget » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:35 am

I'm interested in this as well. I have severe OCD and social anxiety, and I think this might be my only hope.

I really hope someone out there knows something about this.
iwanttoforget
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:50 am

Return to Dementia Forum