Our partner

17 year old kid, Homicidal thoughts, Please help

Delusional Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

17 year old kid, Homicidal thoughts, Please help

Postby DayTripper94 » Fri May 20, 2011 3:53 am

Hello, My name is Ryan. Im 17 years old. Im posting this here today because for quite some time i have been obsessed with murder, blood, torture, and rape. When i see someone walkin down the road, my mind unconcioussley comes up with random ways of torture i could try on them, Ive been doing this since i was around 15, But now somthings changed I feel its getting harder and harder to control, Ive had to start journaling and drawing what i would like to do to my victims. I feel i could take countless human lives and not stress about it, Will someone please Tell me whats wrong with the way i think? my parents told me its a stage but i know its more. Just somene please try to give me insight on why this is happening
DayTripper94
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:24 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: 17 year old kid, Homicidal thoughts, Please help

Postby Chucky » Fri May 20, 2011 9:21 pm

Hi,

Your parents describing of your situation as a 'stage' is rather passive and not helpful. It signifies that they just want to brush this problem under the carpet.

Answer me these questions:
1 - Do you enjoy the images of torture, etc?
2 - Do you try to not think about such imagery, but end-up doing so anyway because it's too difficult not to [think about it]?

There might not necessarily be anything wrong with you. In OCD (not saying that you have it...), 'harmless' people can become obsessed with thoughts of harming/killing their loved ones, but they would in no way ever act on the thoughts. Then again, in other illnesses, such thoughts are quite worrying and the situation requires attention.

So, talk more about what you're feeling in relation to the thoughts. For example, where did you first learn of the concept of torture, etc?; and do you hate the people that you have these thoughts about?

Kevin
psychforums.com rules:
http://www.psychforums.com/forum-rules.php

Please send me a private message if you need help with anything.
Chucky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:24 am

Postby MCR_ROCKS » Sat May 21, 2011 9:45 am

It can't be OCD, you've got to have anxiety with it - kind of obvious since OCD is an anxiety disorder.

I had something similar - mine was just focused on 1 person though, I was being controlled and had people putting thoughts into my head.

The same could be happening to you, I liked it at first, but it was all lies.
And now the red ones make me fly
And the blue ones help me fall
And I think I'll blow my brains against the ceiling
And as the fragments of my skull begin to fall
Fall on your tongue like pixie dust
Just think happy thoughts
MCR_ROCKS
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Chucky » Sun May 22, 2011 8:39 pm

Never said the user had OCD, my dear MCR_ROCKS.

Kevin
psychforums.com rules:
http://www.psychforums.com/forum-rules.php

Please send me a private message if you need help with anything.
Chucky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby DayTripper94 » Sun May 22, 2011 11:50 pm

To Answer your first question, Yes i do like images of violence and what not, Im a huge serial killer enthusiast. And when i do try to fight back the images or stop thinking of murder it doesnt work i cant stop thinking of it
DayTripper94
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:24 pm

Postby GinaSmith » Tue May 24, 2011 1:11 pm

I don't want to denigrate your situation, but I would like to contextualise it. The internal torment you must be feeling needs addressing, as the suffering you could inflict upon others and their loved ones far outweighs your blood-lust.

I hope that comment is taken constructively. Besides, I suspect that these feelings you've been having will not be resolved by acting on them but will merely lead to a life of extreme isolation, alienation and intense misery. Acting on your feelings will not only make your life far, far worse but will destroy the lives of others. Please do whatever you can to help yourself and others.

I wish you all the best!
GinaSmith
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby walterb » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:35 pm

First of all you should ask yourself why do you feel that way? How serious these thoughts are and what is the source? Maybe a trauma, or are you just confused and angry?
I'm getting these thoughts all the time too, but I know it's because of repressed anger, and I managed to continue to repress it until I can act on it... Or maybe it will disappear with time, I don't know...
In case it really gets serious and you feel like you can't control it, I think you should prepare for the worst and channel it. Use it for good, like taking out criminals who deserve it, and who got away from murder. Never hurt an innocent and always be sure they deserve it. I think you should read the book "Darkly Dreaming Dexter", it has some great tips on the topic.
walterb
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby CrackedGirl » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:12 am

Probably best not to start taking it out on ppl who deserve it. Likely to cause more problems than it solves...like getting arrested...

Cracked
So long and thanks for all the fish

Now we are out of the sea and we're keeping away from the sharks

We don't delete posts on demand

The Rules

When all else fails, hug the CAT

Obey The Moderator

CrackedGirl
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:24 am
Blog: View Blog (177)

Postby walterb » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:14 pm

yeah, but it's just if nothing else helps, and he would otherwise take it out on an innocent person, it's still better to plan ahead, and of course he should pay attention not to get arrested... I don't think cops would pay too much attention to the death of a low-life mass murderer or raper, and he should always be convinced that his prey is really a killer and he would kill again if not stopped, so he would do something good (also he should always try to kill in a painless manner and he should pay attention on keeping the rules strict!)
But again, it's only if nothing else helps, and it's really serious! The priority should be to try to overcome this feeling, and having self-control, so don't think that you have no other choice, just because you're feeling these feelings. First of all: try getting professional help, and know that what you're feeling is just temporarily, also try to deduce what is the cause of these feeling!
walterb
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby jasmin » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:36 am

Please don't encourage people to do anything illegal or violent here, guys. Ryan, you should really tell your doctor or see if you can find a therapist (your doctor might be able to help with that). This can destroy someone's life, either because you'd end up hurting someone helpless and innocent and/or end up in prison, don't think you wouldn't get caught, that is very naive.
forum-rules.php
I am sorry I am not on the forum as much as I used to be, if I do not reply to you quickly, please contact another moderator/supermod/admin as well.
jasmin
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Next

Return to Delusional Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post